Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/21/entertainment/rust-film-accident/index.html

A female crew member has died and another injured following an accident involving a prop firearm on the New Mexico set of the film "Rust," according to a law enforcement statement provided to CNN.

The prop firearm was discharged by actor and producer Alec Baldwin, 68, according to the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office.

Weird story, probably a strange accident.  

Wait.  Alec Baldwin?  The dude with anger management problems?  She may have misgendered him. 

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Weird story, probably a strange accident.  

Wait.  Alec Baldwin?  The dude with anger management problems?  She may have misgendered him. 

I own all the Columbo series on DVD and I recognized this plot. Only Shatner borrowed the gun from props and didn't use it while filming. Close enough though. Guilty!!!! 

Columbo - Fade to Murder

Imagine...William Shatner playing a self-absorbed crime fighter!

MartinHafer17 September 2019
Ward Fowler (William Shatner) is a successful television detective. However, his producer is taking advantage of him, as she knows he has a shady past and she threatens to expose him unless he gives her half his income. Not surprisingly, Ward is not pleased with this arrangement and it becomes the motive for his killing her. Using props from the studio, he stages a phony robbery and kills the woman.

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

This was an episode of Monk during a play within the show with what was supposed to be a fake knife that had been replaced with a real knife.

LOVED that one. And then they put him in the play. Hilarious. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

LOVED that one. And then they put him in the play. Hilarious. :lol:

Yep, working from home during this pandemic I've been able to watch a lot of Monk reruns.

probably focking around, wouldn't even doubt if he "lost" it temporarily

whatever the case, I pretty much already expect a cover up

7 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

When virtue signalling comes back to haunt you...

This has happened a few times before. How Brandon Lee died. And some big dumb blond guy as I recall. But I can't remember what show that was from.

You think as an actor, after the first guy died from screwing around with the prop gun, they'd learn. 

Baldwin is too experienced not to know this.

38 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

This has happened a few times before. How Brandon Lee died. And some big dumb blond guy as I recall. But I can't remember what show that was from.

You think as an actor, after the first guy died from screwing around with the prop gun, they'd learn. 

Baldwin is too experienced not to know this.

Like I said. Guilty!!!

I don't understand why with all the CGI we have today, that they still use prop guns that fire; even if they are blanks. 

Sure, have a gun...but pretty sure you can CGI in the shot, blood, whatever. 

• Like 1

I heard he was trying to make vaginal advances on her and she shot him down. He in return shot her down but made it look accidental. 

I heard about some movie, maybe dances with wolves, where every day they started by getting everyone together and shooting some watermelons or something with prop guns to show people what could happen. 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Jon-Erik Hexum

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I don't understand why with all the CGI we have today, that they still use prop guns that fire; even if they are blanks. 

Sure, have a gun...but pretty sure you can CGI in the shot, blood, whatever. 

The blanks are often used for reference, to allows the CGI team to know when then gun was fired. Another reason they are used is that recreating accurate muzzle flash that realistically lights, reflects in nearby objects is tough and time consuming to do...especially compared to the cost of a blank. 

You are right though, it's terrible that this happened and just highlights how safe you have to be even when using only blanks.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

You are right though, it's terrible that this happened and just highlights how safe you have to be even when using only blanks.

I've been firing blanks for almost 20 yrs, and I am always careful. Especially when polishing my gun. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I heard he was trying to make vaginal advances on her and she shot him down. He in return shot her down but made it look accidental. 

Really? Where did you "hear" this? 

This sounds just really ridiculous. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Pretty sure he's pulling your leg.

9 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Western movies message board I hang out on. I would link it, but it’s a secret board. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

It's ok now though. He's crying about it. So, nothing to see here folks.

Alec Baldwin spotted ‘in tears’ after 'Rust' movie set shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 wounded

Alec Baldwin was seen "in tears" by two members of the press in New Mexico following a shooting on the set of the movie "Rust" that left the film’s cinematographer dead and its director wounded.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

OMG!  Maybe he learned the woman he killed was in DC on Jan 6?  Vigilante Baldwin!  

Alec Baldwin has now killed 1 more person than all of the "insurrectionists" have combined.

Staggering fact

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Alec Baldwin has now killed 1 more person than all of the "insurrectionists" have combined.

Staggering fact

Next on his bucket list: rape AOC

Oof. Funny how the left will defend someone that agrees with their beliefs but not other 🤨

3 hours ago, frank said:

I heard about some movie, maybe dances with wolves, where every day they started by getting everyone together and shooting some watermelons or something with prop guns to show people what could happen. 

I really good prop Master would do that. But again, Baldwin has been on set for what? 50 years? No fuclking excuse.

• Like 1

No criminal charges due to it being an accident, but I wonder if the deceased family will take him to court for pain & suffering, etc?

According to this article the gun contained a live round. The prop master on the set was NOT a member of whatever union oversees prop people.  I thought Hollywood loved unions??

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-fires-gun-kills-cinematographer-wounds-director-on-rust-set-1234673555/

Baldwin is also a producer on the movie so you'd think he might have some say on hiring. :dunno: