Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

Again sad rusty is as disgusting as everyone on Baldwin. This was a horrible accident, and we should be praying for everyone involved. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Again sad rusty is as disgusting as everyone on Baldwin. This was a horrible accident, and we should be praying for everyone involved. 

And then, we could rub a magic lamp. 

I don't know much about blanks. I know they contain a powder charge but the majority of the weight of a live round comes from the bullet. This being a western they would have been using revolvers, presumably .45's as they were the most popular. The weight of a standard  .45 round is about 225 grains. I would think even an inexperienced person would be able to notice the weight difference between a round with a 225 grain bullet in it and one without when loading them into the cylinder. 

Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court document shows

An assistant director handed Alec Baldwin a prop firearm and yelled "cold gun" before the actor fired and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza, according to a court document.

The "cold gun" remark was meant to indicate that the weapon did not have live rounds, according to an affidavit for a search warrant for the movie set filed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office and obtained by CNN affiliate KOAT.

According to the affidavit, Baldwin was handed one of three prop guns by assistant director David Halls that were set up in a cart by an armorer.

Halls did not know there were live rounds in the gun, the affidavit said.

Who was Halyna Hutchins? Tributes paid to director of photography killed by prop gun

But when the actor fired the gun, a live round hit Hutchins, 42, in the chest and wounded Souza, 48, who was nearby, according to the affidavit. Hutchins was pronounced dead at the hospital after being airlifted, the affidavit says.

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So you're saying Trumpanzees are too dumb to load a gun?:blink:

If you're going to look for Trump supporters, OF COURSE they would be on a Hollywood movie set. :doh:

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that with the labor disputes being reported on set and union members walking off that one of THEM didn't plant a live round in it.  Now had you said that it would have made more sense.

I'm not sure if you being idiot is just shtick or if it's actually real.  I'm guessing it's the latter.

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I don't know much about blanks. I know they contain a powder charge but the majority of the weight of a live round comes from the bullet. This being a western they would have been using revolvers, presumably .45's as they were the most popular. The weight of a standard  .45 round is about 225 grains. I would think even an inexperienced person would be able to notice the weight difference between a round with a 225 grain bullet in it and one without when loading them into the cylinder. 

Aside form the fact that whenever someone hands you a weapon you ALWAYS check it yourself to see if it's loaded.  Whether it's blanks or live rounds.

Has training and security gotten so bad on sets that actors don't even check their weapons?  It's like Rule #1 when handling a weapon.  I mean, how lazy and f'n pampered are these liberal @ssholes?  If someone hands me a weapon and says it isn't loaded I don't trust them even if it's my own family member.  

"Furthermore, Melcher said, if Baldwin was using the gun as instructed, he has "no liability" for the incident, but if he was handed the gun without verifying whether it was loaded, that "would be reckless" and would potentially make Baldwin "responsible,...""

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Lol. 

I remember one time, I grabbed my revolver and I knew instantly there were only 222 grains in it...

40 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Aside form the fact that whenever someone hands you a weapon you ALWAYS check it yourself to see if it's loaded.  Whether it's blanks or live rounds.

Has training and security gotten so bad on sets that actors don't even check their weapons?  It's like Rule #1 when handling a weapon.  I mean, how lazy and f'n pampered are these liberal @ssholes?  If someone hands me a weapon and says it isn't loaded I don't trust them even if it's my own family member.  

"Furthermore, Melcher said, if Baldwin was using the gun as instructed, he has "no liability" for the incident, but if he was handed the gun without verifying whether it was loaded, that "would be reckless" and would potentially make Baldwin "responsible,...""

And they weren't filming at the time of the murder. 

baldwin was rehearsing. 

Guilty! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Still, why would he point and fire at two people backstage, was he just yolking around?  And was it in such rapid succession that he didn't see the first person actually get hit?  Maybe he thought they were playing along?  Or maybe it was a single shot that injured the first person and then lodged into the second person?  Do we know whether he fired once or twice?  🤔

• Like 2

Alec seems at least partially liable.  He is the producer afterall.  They had several safety complaints and misfires leading up to it.  The whole thing seems sloppy and unprofessional.  Alec is at least partially in charge there.  

7 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yes, you're right. The first rule in gun safety is to treat every gun as though it's loaded. We know this. 

We're talking about bed wetting, anti-gun nut, libs here, though. They know nothing about guns or gun safety, as evidenced by wiff's post above. 

I doubt Alex Baldwin has ever handled a firearm off of a movie set. I'd be surprised if he had. Therefore, he does what he's told to do with it on set because he's clueless about them and he mistakenly trusted that he was handed an unloaded firearm. Does he even know how to check it? I doubt it. Besides, it was supposed to be loaded, albeit with blanks. He would have had to pull every round to make sure none were live.

People point guns at other people and pull the trigger all the time on movie sets and most times everybody goes home safely. They cut corners on this set and it cost someone their life. Somebody will have to pay the price for that but I doubt it will be Baldwin. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Armorer was a woman.  Sounds like she was nervous about her ability, but who cares about qualifications when the production can earn a gold star for hiring diversity? ⭐

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/woman-who-handled-weapons-on-baldwin-set-nervous-about-ability/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

The liberals do love their check boxes! 

Who cares about safety when you can have diversity?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The liberals do love their check boxes! 

Who cares about safety when you can have diversity?

The bizarre thing is how can someone become a head armorer while still being unsure of their ability to load prop guns.  Isn't that pretty much the entire role of that position? 

• Thanks 1

Why would anyone, under any circumstances,  ever aim and fire a gun at an assistant director on a movie set?  

Every rational human being on the planet knows you don't play around with guns and you never aim it anyone, much less pull the trigger.

WTF really happened here?  It's a film set.  There's must be some footage of the incident somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DonS said:

Armorer was a woman.  Sounds like she was nervous about her ability, but who cares about qualifications when the production can earn a gold star for hiring diversity? ⭐

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/woman-who-handled-weapons-on-baldwin-set-nervous-about-ability/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

One more example of dem policies costing lives. 

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Why would anyone, under any circumstances,  ever aim and fire a gun at an assistant director on a movie set?  

Every rational human being on the planet knows you don't play around with guns and you never aim it anyone, much less pull the trigger.

WTF really happened here?  It's a film set.  There's must be some footage of the incident somewhere. 

This. Had to be messing around. A cold gun would still go bang. Was he trying to scare someone or kill them on purpose. 

We're talking about Alec Baldwin here. He's an idiot. He was handed a firearm he was told was "safe" and he did what idiots do. :dunno:

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

We're talking about Alec Baldwin here. He's an idiot. He was handed a firearm he was told was "safe" and he did what idiots do. :dunno:

Well, if an idiot pulls out into traffic because a passenger says it's safe on one side, and the idiot pulls out without looking himself and causes the death of someone driving a motorcycle who he cut off, guess who's ultimately responsible?

It could be a rehearsal, they are setting up a shot---Alec, you are over here, you point at the bad guys who will be here, shoot the gun---he does that---the director and cinematographer, who are setting up the shot, close together are then injured/killed.   There a quite a few situations that could have ended with this tragedy where Alec, director and Cinematographer are 'wrong place/wrong time' deal. 

Why he was handed a gun with a live round..why were there live rounds on the set is the question. How was the asst. director given a gun that he was told was 'cold' have any munition in it???  Prop master sounds horribly incompetent.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, if an idiot pulls out into traffic because a passenger says it's safe on one side, and the idiot pulls out without looking himself and causes the death of someone driving a motorcycle who he cut off, guess who's ultimately responsible?

You need a driver's license to drive a car on public roads. 

You don't need a firearms license to handle a firearm on a movie set. Especially one that was supposed to be loaded by a qualified armorer or prop master. 

You do need common sense not to point that gun at anybody you were not directed to do so and subsequently pull the trigger when you weren't directed to do so. 

Again, we're talking about Alec Baldwin. He's no Keanu Reeves. 

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It could be a rehearsal, they are setting up a shot---Alec, you are over here, you point at the bad guys who will be here, shoot the gun---he does that---the director and cinematographer, who are setting up the shot, close together are then injured/killed.   There a quite a few situations that could have ended with this tragedy where Alec, director and Cinematographer are 'wrong place/wrong time' deal. 

Why he was handed a gun with a live round..why were there live rounds on the set is the question. How was the asst. director given a gun that he was told was 'cold' have any munition in it???  Prop master sounds horribly incompetent.  

:thumbsup:

Serious question. How do you kill one person and injure a second with one shot? :dunno:

24 minutes ago, frank said:

Serious question. How do you kill one person and injure a second with one shot? :dunno:

If it was, in fact, a live round, it could easily have gone through her and grazed him. It could have grazed her jugular and hit him. Could've ricocheted, fragmented and the big chunk hit her and the little chunk hit him... :dunno:

Bullets can do some weird sh!t after they leave the barrel. 

We'll find out eventually. 

16 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

If it was, in fact, a live round, it could easily have gone through her and grazed him. It could have grazed her jugular and hit him. Could've ricocheted, fragmented and the big chunk hit her and the little chunk hit him... :dunno:

Bullets can do some weird sh!t after they leave the barrel. 

We'll find out eventually. 

or, do we know if it hit her first?  It could have grazed the other guy first then into her

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, frank said:

A bullet leaving a handgun is moving at 1000 ft per second.  If the cinematographer/director were setting up rehearsing a scene, might have been very close to gun when fired---easily could have passed through her and struck him.  See Kennedy/Connally---high powered rifle, but it went in/out Kennedy. In/Out Connelly twice(back and wrist) and still embedded itself in his thigh.  

The theory says that a three-centimeter-long (1.2") copper-jacketed lead-core bullet from a 6.5×52mm Mannlicher–Carcano rifle fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository, passed through President Kennedy's neck into Governor Connally's chest, went through his wrist, and embedded itself in Connally's thigh. If so, this bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, seven layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches of muscle tissue; it also struck a necktie knot, removed 4 inches of rib, and shattered a radius bone. The bullet was found on a gurney in the corridor at Parkland Memorial Hospital after the assassination. The Warren Commission found that this gurney was the one that had carried Governor Connally.[5] This bullet became a key exhibit for the Commission. Its copper jacket was completely intact. While the bullet's nose appeared normal, the tail was compressed laterally on one side.

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

or, do we know if it hit her first?  It could have grazed the other guy first then into her

Another possibility entirely. 

55 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Absolutely could have and actually makes the most sense. 

I just wanted to point out that you never know where a bullet will end up if you fire a gun carelessly. Hell, you can fire a gun with intent and still hit something you didn't mean to. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Back and to the left...

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

You need a driver's license to drive a car on public roads. 

You don't need a firearms license to handle a firearm on a movie set. Especially one that was supposed to be loaded by a qualified armorer or prop master. 

You do need common sense not to point that gun at anybody you were not directed to do so and subsequently pull the trigger when you weren't directed to do so. 

Again, we're talking about Alec Baldwin. He's no Keanu Reeves. 

It's even in the Actor's Equity Association. See bullet point #2 below.

https://www.actorsequity.org/resources/Producers/safe-and-sanitary/safety-tips-for-use-of-firearms/

SAFETY TIPS FOR USE OF FIREARMS

• Use simulated or dummy weapons whenever possible.
  • Treat all guns as if they are loaded and deadly.
  • Unless you are actually performing or rehearsing, the property master must secure all firearms.
  • The property master or armorer should carefully train you in the safe use of any firearm you must handle. Be honest if you have no knowledge about guns. Do not overstate your qualifications.
  • Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.
  • Never engage in horseplay with any firearms or other weapons. Do not let others handle the gun for any reason.
  • All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.
  • Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
  • If you are the intended target of a gunshot, make sure that the person firing at you has followed all these safety procedures.
  • If you are required to wear exploding blood squibs, make sure there is a bulletproof vest or other solid protection between you and the blast packet.
  • Use protective shields for all off stage cast within close proximity to any shots fired.
  • Appropriate ear protection should be offered to the cast members and stage managers.
  • Check the firearm every time you take possession of it. Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.
  • Blanks are extremely dangerous. Even though they do not fire bullets out of the gun barrel, they still have a powerful blast than can maim or kill.
  • Never attempt to adjust, modify or repair a firearm yourself. If a weapon jams or malfunctions, corrections shall be made only by a qualified person.
  • When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked and inventoried after each performance.
  • Live ammunition may not be brought into the theatre.
  • If you are in a production where shots are to be fired and there is no qualified property master, go to the nearest phone and call Actors' Equity Association. A union representative will make sure proper procedures are followed.
  • State and federal safety laws must be honored at all times.
  • If any of the above safety tips conflict with the instructions given by a qualified instructor, abide by the instructions from the qualified instructor. If you are still not sure, contact your Equity Business Representative.
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

https://www.actorsequity.org/resources/Producers/safe-and-sanitary/safety-tips-for-use-of-firearms/

• Unless you are actually performing or rehearsing, the property master must secure all firearms.
  • The property master or armorer should carefully train you in the safe use of any firearm you must handle. Be honest if you have no knowledge about guns. Do not overstate your qualifications.
  • Never engage in horseplay with any firearms or other weapons. Do not let others handle the gun for any reason.
  • All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.
  • Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
  • If you are the intended target of a gunshot, make sure that the person firing at you has followed all these safety procedures.
  • If you are required to wear exploding blood squibs, make sure there is a bulletproof vest or other solid protection between you and the blast packet.
  • Use protective shields for all off stage cast within close proximity to any shots fired.
  • Appropriate ear protection should be offered to the cast members and stage managers.
  • Check the firearm every time you take possession of it. Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.
  • Blanks are extremely dangerous. Even though they do not fire bullets out of the gun barrel, they still have a powerful blast than can maim or kill.
  • Never attempt to adjust, modify or repair a firearm yourself. If a weapon jams or malfunctions, corrections shall be made only by a qualified person.
  • When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked and inventoried after each performance.
  • Live ammunition may not be brought into the theatre.
  • If you are in a production where shots are to be fired and there is no qualified property master, go to the nearest phone and call Actors' Equity Association. A union representative will make sure proper procedures are followed.
  • State and federal safety laws must be honored at all times.
  • If any of the above safety tips conflict with the instructions given by a qualified instructor, abide by the instructions from the qualified instructor. If you are still not sure, contact your Equity Business Representative.

I see what you did there. 

35 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Back and to the left...

THIS. Kramer and Newman proved this on Seinfeld. 

• Like 1

Okay, this literally explains every thing. Take your pick:  The word "She" or "24 year old Head Armorer."

This is when Hollywood's pursuit of diversity gets prople literally killed.

Jesus Effing Kryst.

Even she didn't think she was qualified. 

But God damn if she didn't have the right pronoun. 

https://www.insider.com/rust-shooting-alec-baldwins-armorer-worried-she-wasnt-ready-for-job-2021-10

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Okay, this literally explains every thing. Take your pick:  The word "She" or "24 year old Head Armorer."

This is when Hollywood's pursuit of diversity gets prople literally killed.

Jesus Effing Kryst.

Even she didn't think she was qualified. 

But God damn if she didn't have the right pronoun. 

https://www.insider.com/rust-shooting-alec-baldwins-armorer-worried-she-wasnt-ready-for-job-2021-10

Even crazier is that she didn't feel qualified on the moon!

2 hours ago, frank said:

Magic loogie

52 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

• When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked and inventoried 

:dunno:

Am I the only one that reads the thread title and think of this? ❤️