Serenity Now

2nd half breakout

Prediction time! What player is going to breakout in the 2nd half of the season and go from irrelevant name to key cog on championship teams. I think it’s Kadarius Toney. He has the talent to be obj 2.0 in his rookie year, just needs to stay healthy, so maybe he’s 100% obj 🤔….anyways who you got as the player we’ll be talking about a couple months from now?

Either Jeff Wilson Jr or JaMychal Hasty.

There is something about the Shanahan offense that leads to a higher % of rb injuries.

Mccaffery, he’s irrelevant right now on IR, when he returns, he’ll lead teams to the championship. 

Javonte Williams-- DEN RB

Denver falls out of the playoff race soon enough, and will start to give him more and more carries. 

• Like 1

Kyle Pitts is a good candidate.

After a slow start, back to back 100 yard games

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

Denver falls out of the playoff race soon enough, and will start to give him more and more carries. 

Are they that smart though? JW is a stud in the NOW/waiting, Gordon needs to go rest somewhere, he's worn out.

9 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

Like this one. 

An injury could vault cedrick wilson up the list... he has looked solid, that corp is just crowded

This is Eli Mitchell's coming out party.  SF has a great schedule and he won't have to deal with Lance keeping it on the read option every play.

• Like 1

i like the fact that i have cmac,  javonte, pitts and toney in my high stakes...picked up toney off waivers right before he came on in a speculation add....if i can just get healthy i have cmac, mixon, javonte, chuba...ceedee, pitts, gronk, pittman jr, toney, corey davis and will add another receiver through FAAB this week...

13 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

and they should...they should be trying to showcase him to lure aaron rodgers there....its the perfect scenario....sutton, hamler, jeudy, fant and javonte...he wants to stay on the left side of the states.....just smells of peyton manning 2.0

I hope so. I drafted Jones, and I've been thinking of picking up Dillon the last couple weeks, but I think I'll pull the trigger this next week, dropping D Harris (NE RBs are a mess to predict for) for Dillon. Dillon is a stud/in/the/waiting.

5 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

I hope so. I drafted Jones, and I've been thinking of picking up Dillon the last couple weeks, but I think I'll pull the trigger this next week, dropping D Harris (NE RBs are a mess to predict for) for Dillon. Dillon is a stud/in/the/waiting.

Might have been the wrong week to make these predictions. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hmmmmm, dropping Harris not sure about that take.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, pee-diddy said:

Oh i second this.

If the timeshare can go to 70/30, we might have a 2nd half stud with Javonte.

Jav Williams (see above), McKissic (esp in PPR, I don't see Gibson lasting), Eli Mitchell (awesome second half schedule), Henderson (great offense), Gainwell maybe, Herbert maybe, and Collins or Penny (I think Carson is done). 

Kadarius Toney, Michael Thomas (maybe), Jeudy 

Burrow 

You just listed a good chunk of my team , Pitts, Toney, Javonte Williams, Jeudy.... hoping for 2nd half domination !

• Like 1

Miles Gaskin too. With Brown done and Gaskin dominating touches and catches, his arrow is pointing up (finally). 

Interesting pick with for the Dolphins, they picked up Duke Johnson.  

On 10/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, bfros said:

Burrow 

Good call, he's actually already got started...3rd amongst QBs last 3 weeks.

Other great candidates for 2nd half breakouts here, def agree on JavWilliams, 

This one is a question, as someone I've considered trying to buy low-ish: Stefon Diggs

Will he turn it on yardage and esp TD wise in 2nd half or will keep status quo as one of many options along with Knox, Sanders, Davis?

Depends if Knox and Sanders and Davis stay healthy.  

On 10/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, TimHauck said:

I was gonna say AJ Brown but now you probably won’t believe me

:pointstosky:

Congrats, but is that it, I thought there would be more than just one game in the second half.  

I'm going against the grain I actually think Javonte Williams gets in the way of Melvin Gordon's carries. They both rushed for 4.5 on this season and Melvin Gordon's yards-per-catch is actually higher than Javonte Williams people need to stop burying Melvin Gordon

9 minutes ago, Ramrock said:

I'm going against the grain I actually think Javonte Williams gets in the way of Melvin Gordon's carries. They both rushed for 4.5 on this season and Melvin Gordon's yards-per-catch is actually higher than Javonte Williams people need to stop burying Melvin Gordon

yeah i own javonte...also mixon and mccaffrey(have both cuffed as well)...was hoping javonte would emerge as a flex and a fill in for byes....but it doesnt appear gordon is going away....still think javonte is excellent and would thrive in a lead role....but it doesnt look like its gonna happen...as long as denver is "in it" theyll continue to feed the vet as well.....gordon is doing well...and the split appears to be working fairly well for them..keeping wear and tear off gordon 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ramrock said:

Agreed, Melvin Gordon has been the better of the two so far. He has more yards on the ground, and in the air. He has more TDs on the ground and in the air.

Javonte Williams is a very good prospect but he's not the 2nd coming of Ezekiel Elliott. It takes time for 90% of RBs to adjust to the NFL, so he's in the norm.

Maybe next season he's a top 10 fantasy RB, but this season, I think the Broncos are fine with having these two split touches.

25 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Agreed, Melvin Gordon has been the better of the two so far. He has more yards on the ground, and in the air. He has more TDs on the ground and in the air.

Javonte Williams is a very good prospect but he's not the 2nd coming of Ezekiel Elliott. It takes time for 90% of RBs to adjust to the NFL, so he's in the norm.

Maybe next season he's a top 10 fantasy RB, but this season, I think the Broncos are fine with having these two split touches.

im not knocking gordon at all...hes doing well.....but sometimes one back outperforming the other in a near 50/50 split isnt a matter of talent/veteran status......a back with 11 touches isnt the same as a back with 22 touches...it gives williams less of an opp to break a couple of plays which usually happens with more opps.....williams is also excellent at breaking tackles(see what he did to chase young yesterday and his tackle breaking metrics)......somtimes its tough for a guy to get going when they are being pulled or being rotated for a series.......gordon isnt going away anytime soon though it appears......maybe gordon is outperforming him because hes the more seasoned runner and more patient...or maybe its just kind of random that things are going his way a bit more when hes getting the touches.....id be interested to see what each of these guys would be doing in the same situation with 18-22 touches