Serenity Now

2nd half breakout

I think we know what Gordon can do with 18- 22 touches, he’s been a producer.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think we know what Gordon can do with 18- 22 touches, he’s been a producer.  

sure....but who is to say that with 18-22 that williams cant outperform gordons production? you cant tell me that its implied by the coaching staff because they refuse to let williams handle it...like i said...with more touches it gives a guy an opp to break a play or two....hard to get going if you are being rotated in and out....williams is excellent at breaking tackles...gordon outperforming him may just be chance.....it also may be him being a more patient guy who sees things williams doesnt.....i dont know if any one of us can be certain either way

We don’t know what J Williams could do if he had 18-22 touches.  I’m ready to find out.  But unless Gordon is injured and I hope not , only because I don’t want to see any injured, or the Broncos who just traded Miller to the Rams decide they are done and give the keys to the rookie and I doubt that’s going to happen.  If the Broncos think that they would like to trade Gordon they might want to show the league how he can perform, as an Williams investor on two leagues and a Gordon investor in one league there both frustrating to own, and I think it will be that way this season as long as both stay healthy.  

2 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I thought the rams had moved to LA.

Lol oh my soul.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

We don’t know what J Williams could do if he had 18-22 touches.  I’m ready to find out.  But unless Gordon is injured and I hope not , only because I don’t want to see any injured, or the Broncos who just traded Miller to the Rams decide they are done and give the keys to the rookie and I doubt that’s going to happen.  If the Broncos think that they would like to trade Gordon they might want to show the league how he can perform, as an Williams investor on two leagues and a Gordon investor in one league there both frustrating to own, and I think it will be that way this season as long as both stay healthy.  

no i def agree...gordon isnt going away...and its going to be frustrating .......but earlier you made the comment that said "well we already know what gordon can do hes produced"...which is fair...but it seemed to indicate somehow that gordon is def the better option for this backfield....and that may be true im just not sure

the presence of gordon isnt an indictment on williams....gordon was already there...so its actually the opposite....not an indictment on gordons talent/ability but prob a bet against his age/career workload....

but i do believe williams is actually averaging 0.1 ypc more than gordon...and gordon has a 70 yard run built into his ypc

now...is that 70 yard run and indicator that gordon is faster/better athlete?  i would tend to say probably not.....now could it indicate that gordon has better vision/patience than williams at this stage? if you wanted to make that argument i could def see it......now is it possible that it was late in the game and the defense was selling out and things opened up just perfectly for gordon? i think thats def possible...is it possible if williams were in the game at that point the result could have been similar? i think that could be fair to say

gordon may be outperforming williams(albeit not by a heck of alot) because hes more experiences/more patient...or it could just be that things happen to be opening up for him at the right time when hes in and williams is out....there isnt a huge gap in production sans touchdowns........but williams is def helping gordon stay fresh for sure....gordon doesnt have to be an 18-25+ touch a game guy and i dont think denver wanted him to be at all this year.....i do wish that denver would turn it over to williams but im resigned to the fact that it wont happen ...def as long as they are still mathematically in the hunt......

I just traded away Julio Jones for Javonte Williams. I think both players are interesting buy low candidates right now. 

12 minutes ago, John Fox said:

Jeremy McNichols. 

After playing for four teams over the past five years, and never impressing anyone enough to get even 60 touches in a season--coupled with the presence of Peterson--this doesn't seem very likely.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

After playing for four teams over the past five years, and never impressing anyone enough to get even 60 touches in a season--coupled with the presence of Peterson--this doesn't seem very likely.

never had the chance, now he does. 

7 hours ago, John Fox said:

never had the chance, now he does. 

He had a chance when he was drafted--and I had my eye on him because he had been a stud at Boise State--but as Wikipedia sums it up...

"McNichols was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round, 162nd overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the 17th running back selected in that year's draft. He exhibited maturity issues and inability to read defenses which was documented in the twelfth season of Hard Knocks and was released by the team on September 2, 2017."

He'll be approximately as useful as Giovani Bernard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEUH said:

Devonta Freeman

What do you expect from Him going forward? 

Le'veon Bell gets it going this Thursday Nite 🔥

On 11/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, GEUH said:

Devonta Freeman

Fwiw he was with the Saints in the preseason & I thought he looked fine. They could’ve kept him instead of Tony Jones.

Carter is avg 13 points per game ppr so far, I think that’s his ceiling. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, DrG said:

Either Jeff Wilson Jr or JaMychal Hasty.

There is something about the Shanahan offense that leads to a higher % of rb injuries.

Mitchell owner

With that logic wouldn’t the next man up also get hurt  ?

On 11/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I'll say Sony Michel. Henderson keeps getting "slightly dinged" every week and I think we're going to reach a point soon where he's forced to miss time. 

ya I am holding on, also holding on to Marlon Mack. Was gonna drop him after he didnt get traded, but decided against it. He is the direct back up, good oline and running game there 

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

Mitchell owner

With that logic wouldn’t the next man up also get hurt  ?

Yes which is why I mentioned both