Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Who's holding on to Carson?

I have him in one league and am holding him for now. I’m kicking myself because I didn’t bid on Johnson because of it. I have real doubts he is back this year but I was hoping to hear something more definitive. 

As a heavy investor, I'm obviously biased, but it sounds like this has been a chronic issue that just flares up from time to time, and this is the latest time.  That said, it also sounds like a very serious issue--but again, one he has apparently played with in the past.

So I'm hopeful he'll be back in Week 10 for the stretch run after their Week 9 bye.  He's been producing pretty well when active.  He's a hold if at all possible.

4 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

I’ve dropped him !!? Damn it 

I also have Collins I dropped him to pick up Chubba 

You are fine with Chubba

30 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As a heavy investor, I'm obviously biased, but it sounds like this has been a chronic issue that just flares up from time to time, and this is the latest time.  That said, it also sounds like a very serious issue--but again, one he has apparently played with in the past.

So I'm hopeful he'll be back in Week 10 for the stretch run after their Week 9 bye.  He's been producing pretty well when active.  He's a hold if at all possible.

yeah I dunno. Pete Carroll (who is egregiously optimistic) just said there is no time table on his return, meaning they are not necessarily expecting him back by week 10. I know we've been told this is a chronic issue that he's played with, but I've been playing ff for 13 years and I can't recall ever hearing about it or seeing him miss time because of it. Have any of you? If he's had it, it's been something that I don't think has forced him to miss time or go on IR. I could be wrong. Am I? Anybody know?  That's why I fear this flare up is pretty serious and there's a good chance the next thing we hear is that he's headed for surgery.  

34 minutes ago, bfros said:

yeah I dunno. Pete Carroll (who is egregiously optimistic) just said there is no time table on his return, meaning they are not necessarily expecting him back by week 10. I know we've been told this is a chronic issue that he's played with, but I've been playing ff for 13 years and I can't recall ever hearing about it or seeing him miss time because of it. Have any of you? If he's had it, it's been something that I don't think has forced him to miss time or go on IR. I could be wrong. Am I? Anybody know?  That's why I fear this flare up is pretty serious and there's a good chance the next thing we hear is that he's headed for surgery.  

Good point sir 

Any time a football player has a neck injury, it’s serious and potentially career-threatening.  I am holding on to Carson for now, but as soon as I start to get the least but if inkling that this will longer the rest of the season, I’m cutting bait of I get a viable replacement option (which is iffy in and of itself).  Tough situation to have both him and Collins eating space on benches during these crazy bye weeks.  

Holding for now, but I honestly don't think he'll be back anytime soon.  Maybe the playoffs?  If Penny goes off for a few weeks, I might end up dropping him since then I'm not only waiting for him to come back some indefinite period of time, but I'll have to take a wait and see approach on how they split the carries on top of that.  Then the split may make him unusable. 

If Penny proves a viable replacement, there are too many negative outcomes.  On the other hand, if Penny hurts himself again, I'll be more likely to hold a spot for him unless I get overwhelmed with injuries.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, bfros said:

You win this thread.