Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Justin Fields is this year's Josh Rosen.

He blows, like Josh Rosen blows. I can't recall many worse performances then, Fields V Browns and V Bucs. Thank the lord I am not a Bears fan...

My guy has the bucs D and this lil pickle puffer can't even score a TD he needs to take those stupid earrings out and play ball 

He’s a skinny Dwayne Haskins. Without the arm. Kid can’t play. The Bears don’t know what they are doing. 

Some teams just aren't meant to have a good QB 🤣

How do you punt from the 50 when your losing 38-3 with 8 minutes left smh

7 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

My guy has the bucs D and this lil pickle puffer can't even score a TD he needs to take those stupid earrings out and play ball 

Hold on! Hold on! Someone said a bad word at Georgia that he never heard and he had to transfer.

You're being all mean and stuff! He might quit...again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Law said:

Hold on! Hold on! Someone said a bad word at Georgia that he never heard and he had to transfer.

You're being all mean and stuff! He might quit...again.

Ha! Forgot about that. A soft QB in Chicago. That should work out. No wonder they haven’t won anything in 36 years. 

I think Axe Elf said it best when he said:

"When a college with a rich tradition of producing NFL QBs like Ohio State graduates a prospect to an NFL team with a rich tradition of drafting college QBs like the Bears, one should feel justified in reserving their judgment of Justin Fields.  Now, I don't watch the second halves of preseason games (nothing fantasy-relevant ever happens in the second halves of preseason games), but against first-half competition, Fields was first spooked on a blitz and lofted up a pass that was dropped by a defender, and then promptly fumbled the ball on the next play (fortunately it went out of bounds).

"So I don't think it's too early at this point to declare Fields a bust in the NFL."

He needed to sit the year, at least, but it's too late now.  I just hope that he's not permanently broken.  That said, he looks really slow -- slow ball, slow on his feet, slow with his decisions.  He just hasn't passed the eyeball test, but he has shown me one thing: Pace & Nagy must be fired, and the sooner the better.

Look at the giants' fans stumbling and bumbling their way to forget about their savior daniel jones. :lol:

Giants have played teams so far with a cumulative record of 25-20. Jones in his 3rd year is now a veteran and is 2-5. 10 whole wins in 3 years. :lol: :banana:

Bears have played teams so far with a a cumulative record of  32-17. Fields in his rookie year with only having played in 5 games in his NFL career is 2-3, and this is with the worst oline in the league.

giants fans are pathetically humorous. But it's all they have left in life I guess. :( 

Bears fans got duped again. As if the Khalil Mack trade wasn’t bad enough. Now back to back QB busts that they traded up for. Detroit will win a division title before the Bears will. 

QB’s the Bears have traded first round picks (some multiples) for: Rick Mirer, Jay Cutler, Trubisky and now Fields.  Lol. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

QB’s the Bears have traded first round picks (some multiples) for: Rick Mirer, Jay Cutler, Trubisky and now Fields.  Lol. 

I wish I could say that Tampa has done better, but I can't.

The Steelers once thought that Johnny U couldn’t play, and Len Dawson also.  

58 minutes ago, nobody said:

Keep in mind that the media was all-in on Fields to the point that they were angry at teams that passed on him so they have no choice but to make excuses for him.  

Without question. The great unknown with Fields was whether his slow process was because OSU ran so many option routes or if he was a habitual wait-until-they-get-open passer. It is looking more like the latter at the moment.

With that said, play-action helps every quarterback. And it really helps offensive lines. SO why wouldn't you run more play-action to help a young QB behind a bad o-line?

I’m sure that the Bears next coach will be asking that same question, and solve the issue.  

15 hours ago, nobody said:

Keep in mind that the media was all-in on Fields to the point that they were angry at teams that passed on him so they have no choice but to make excuses for him.  

Remember when people called Orlovsky racist because he said something bad about Fields?

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Remember when people called Orlovsky racist because he said something bad about Fields?

He didn't even say something bad. He just repeated something he heard from a source that Fields didn't always work hard, or something similar...

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He didn't even say something bad. He just repeated something he heard from a source that Fields didn't always work hard, or something similar...

That's right.  I did forget that he got the info from the source.  For some reason, I thought I remember him giving his opinion.  I now remember the big criticism was also that he should've checked with other people to verify it.  Like, how did they know he didn't?  Just because their source didn't agree?  So stupid.  Had Fields been white, there'd never would've been any criticism of Orlovsky.

• Thanks 1

I remember hearing the 49’rs wanted M Jones but got bullied into taking Lance by the SJW crew. Don’t know if it’s true but it sure looks like it could be. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember hearing the 49’rs wanted M Jones but got bullied into taking Lance by the SJW crew. Don’t know if it’s true but it sure looks like it could be. 

It's San Francisco, CA.  Without proof, I can totally believe it.

APR 2, 2021

In case you missed it, Orlovsky got in social media hot water earlier this week because he told Pat McAfee that he had heard Fields was a “last guy in, first guy out” player. Orlovsky also said of Fields, “Like, not the maniacal work ethic. I’ve even heard it compared to Justin Herbert, where it was like, dude, when Justin Herbert showed up, he was like a psychopath when it came to working and getting ready for the draft. Or even at school, like, ‘Give me more; I want to work nonstop.’ And I’ve heard that there are issues with Justin Fields’ work ethic.”

What a silly oversensitive nation we've become.

23 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

APR 2, 2021

In case you missed it, Orlovsky got in social media hot water earlier this week because he told Pat McAfee that he had heard Fields was a “last guy in, first guy out” player. Orlovsky also said of Fields, “Like, not the maniacal work ethic. I’ve even heard it compared to Justin Herbert, where it was like, dude, when Justin Herbert showed up, he was like a psychopath when it came to working and getting ready for the draft. Or even at school, like, ‘Give me more; I want to work nonstop.’ And I’ve heard that there are issues with Justin Fields’ work ethic.”

What a silly oversensitive nation we've become.

Sad but true.

6 minutes ago, Da_Bears said:

There’s not a QB playing that could produce when playing behind the worst o-line in the league.

Miami's OL is rated just as badly, yet Tua just threw for 290 with 4 TD's. But you are sort of correct, There isn't a TERRIBLE QB who can produce behind the worst Oline...

Not saying Fields is playing well, however, Tua is in his 2nd year and played Jax and Atl.  Two sub defenses compared to GB and TB.

6 minutes ago, Da_Bears said:

Not saying Fields is playing well, however, Tua is in his 2nd year and played Jax and Atl.  Two sub defenses compared to GB and TB.

He is playing horrifically. The good news is he probably can’t get much worse.

19 hours ago, Da_Bears said:

Yeah  but as long as Fields isn't as bad in his third year as daniel jones is, with his whole 2 wins this year, he should be fine.

20 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah  but as long as Fields isn't as bad in his third year as daniel jones is, with his whole 2 wins this year, he should be fine.

Yeah, Daniel has some work to do. But us Giants fans won’t blame the line, even though we could. But hey, thank god the Giants didn’t trade up for him. That would really suck. 

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The Bears have a very hard schedule this year, so even with Dalton, they probably weren't going to be much better than a 6 or 7 win team.  They should just ride out the season with Fields.  The problem they're going to run into is next year.  Robinson will get big money to leave, making it harder for Fields to improve as a passer.  I don't think they'll be able to bring anyone in unless they massively overpay someone who's always hurt or not always available.  I can see the Giants cutting bait with Golladay and take the cap hit.  I think they punt next year by drafting a 1st rd QB and letting Jones fight for the job.  When he loses, they'll just release him.  The Bears will likely throw a lot of money at Golladay.  Another player could be Will Fuller.  He's a UFA after this season and I can't imagine many teams who would be willing to pay him to be suspended or hurt.

If Fields can make chicken salad out of that chicken sh!t, they'll spend high picks and real money on WR's for the 2023 season.  If he stinks up the joint, they'll be spending a 1st round pick on another QB.  I think the one thing working in Fields' favor right now is that the 2022 draft appears to be very thin at QB.  I don't think the Bears are as bad as the really sucky ones like the Jets, Jags, Texans, and Lions, so I think they'll end up with 5 or 6 wins and be picking outside of the top 7 and too far down to get one of the two QB prospects.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Bears have a very hard schedule this year, so even with Dalton, they probably weren't going to be much better than a 6 or 7 win team.  They should just ride out the season with Fields.  The problem they're going to run into is next year.  Robinson will get big money to leave, making it harder for Fields to improve as a passer.  I don't think they'll be able to bring anyone in unless they massively overpay someone who's always hurt or not always available.  I can see the Giants cutting bait with Golladay and take the cap hit.  I think they punt next year by drafting a 1st rd QB and letting Jones fight for the job.  When he loses, they'll just release him.  The Bears will likely throw a lot of money at Golladay.  Another player could be Will Fuller.  He's a UFA after this season and I can't imagine many teams who would be willing to pay him to be suspended or hurt.

If Fields can make chicken salad out of that chicken sh!t, they'll spend high picks and real money on WR's for the 2023 season.  If he stinks up the joint, they'll be spending a 1st round pick on another QB.  I think the one thing working in Fields' favor right now is that the 2022 draft appears to be very thin at QB.  I don't think the Bears are as bad as the really sucky ones like the Jets, Jags, Texans, and Lions, so I think they'll end up with 5 or 6 wins and be picking outside of the top 7 and too far down to get one of the two QB prospects.

Don't forget they will have a new coaching staff and maybe a new GM by next year, if not by the end of this year. There is a lot of talk going on that Nagy is hanging on for dear life.  

And who are you putting as the top two QBs coming out next year? There are a few that may look decent. 

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There is no one clamoring for the Giants to take a qb next year.  He’s not the problem. And no way the Giants punt on Golladay. Mara doesn’t operate like that.  

It’s best for all the other teams in the league if the Gmen don’t try to upgrade at Qb, and that they do keep Golladay. 

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is no one clamoring for the Giants to take a qb next year.  He’s not the problem. And no way the Giants punt on Golladay. Mara doesn’t operate like that.  

That's true, they don't operate to win.  I guess I was speaking more of what they should do than what they're likely to do.

15 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't forget they will have a new coaching staff and maybe a new GM by next year, if not by the end of this year. There is a lot of talk going on that Nagy is hanging on for dear life.  

And who are you putting as the top two QBs coming out next year? There are a few that may look decent. 

I've heard 3 names, but never consistently.  The kid from Liberty, Ole Miss, and Pitt... I don't know their names, but I never hear all 3 at one time.  Always a mish mash, so my guess is that there's no consensus.  I've also heard that it's possible that none of them are taken in the top 15.

45 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I've heard 3 names, but never consistently.  The kid from Liberty, Ole Miss, and Pitt... I don't know their names, but I never hear all 3 at one time.  Always a mish mash, so my guess is that there's no consensus.  I've also heard that it's possible that none of them are taken in the top 15.

Yeah, same here. I assume by the draft this will become clearer. 

As far as when they are picked, this is a really strong defensive draft. I don't think there will be very many offensive players overall drafted in the top 20 compared to the norm.