Sign in to follow this  
JRCase27

Trade Thoughts

14 team .5 ppr

Trade sent my way:

I would get Hopkins, I would be giving Swift.

Other current WR: Metcalf, Cooks, Thomas, Patrick, Aiyuk

Other current RB: Ekeler, Conner, L. Murray, Hasty

Worried about RB depth and roster balance. However with Tyrod coming back and if Thomas isn't a flop, adding Hopkins could be huge in weekly consistent points even with only Ekeler. Conner has been decent.

QB is Stafford/Wentz, TE is Kittle/Mo Allie

What do you think?

Thanks!

I just can’t agree to the trade, you wouldn’t have any Rbs after Ekeler and Conner, and even Conner doesn’t score much if he doesn’t register a td.  

• Like 1

Update on this trade proposal-

I turned down the original Hopkins for Swift.

Now he has offered Hopkins for Conner and Latavius. It takes my RB depth away but with DK, Thomas, Cooks, and Hopkins i would think i could turn one of those into a new RB after the fact.

You’re weekly starting lineup looks like what ? How many Rbs and WRs can you start? 

No I wouldn’t do that trade based on that info.  

One thing to consider, Swift might not get the playing time down the stretch as the season is over for the Lions and they might just pull back to avoid injury. Hopkins will be on a play off bound team and on one of the top offenses in the NFL. I would take Hopkins and work at shoring up the RB off the wire or another trade. Good Luck.

After thinking long and hard on it more, I did take the Hopkins for Conner and Murray trade. My thinking was that since I still have Ekeler and Swift, getting Hopkins made me feel better with the inconsistency of DK and Cook and the chance that Thomas is a bust when and if he returns. If DK and Cooks return to better form when they get their QB's back, now I have 3 solid wrs plus keeping my top 2 rbs. And if Thomas isnt a flop, well then even better and like mentioned above, more trade options. Thanks all for the input.

• Like 1