Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Mark Ingram Traded to Saints

I think he’ll perform pretty nicely, if you need depth I would add him.  If he’s still available, don’t know why he wouldn’t be.  

23 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Not sure if there's much relevance here, but interesting move by Saints. Wondering how/if impacts Kamara.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1453478829540970497?s=20

I'm guessing it means he's not getting as many goal line carries

I thought it looked like they were gearing up to give David Johnson more work in this last game.

Oh boy, right again...

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I thought it looked like they were gearing up to give David Johnson more work in this last game.

Oh boy, right again...

Do you think D. Johnson will become “the man” in HOU? 

I think it`s good news for Kamara. Did you see the Monday nite game, guy touched the ball 30 times and at this pace will have about 320+ carries after never having 200 . 8-10 less carries, including some goal line opportunities, is fine if it means a much fresher  Kamara in the second half of games catching passes in open space. The coaching staff seems to have realized their bread and butter is targeting him 8-10 times a game and letting him do his thing.

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Do you think D. Johnson will become “the man” in HOU? 

He'll be the man that Ingram was, with Lindsay sprinkled in as a change-of-pace.  But they're getting Tyrod back and will remain a heavily pass-centered team.

53 minutes ago, Lawyersgunzand $ said:

The coaching staff seems to have realized their bread and butter is targeting him 8-10 times a game and letting him do his thing.

The coaching staff also knows Ingram pretty well; he was the thunder to Darren Sproles' lightning 10 years ago, and played in the Saints' backfield with Kamara as recently as 2017 and 2018.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He'll be the man that Ingram was, with Lindsay sprinkled in as a change-of-pace.  But they're getting Tyrod back and will remain a heavily pass-centered team.

From a non-fantasy perspective that is a recipe for disaster for the already disastrous Texans team. 

I don’t know, but I just have a feeling Lindsay might be even up with DJ going forward.  But either one will make for great bench warmers. 

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know, but I just have a feeling Lindsay might be even up with DJ going forward.  But either one will make for great bench warmers. 

But Some of us are desperate 

Carson Monty D Williams Dernest Johnson and Freeman are my current RBs

DJ did frustrate me last year, either him or Gainwell,….might be a coin flip

Gainwell 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Gainwell 

And I was born raised college and live in Philly Area 

Gainwell it is 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

DJ could rise to have consistent flex or RB 3 value especially in ppr with a decent floor.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Oh boy, right again...

Oh wow you noticed that they only gave Ingram six carries and deduced that they were gearing up to give him more work? Man that is some analysis. 
I really can’t believe the site is free.

This move tells me that they don't think Thomas is coming back and they're going to have to use Kamara more as a go-to receiver.  They can't keep giving him all those targets and carries.  He'll be dead by week 12.

Tells me they want to give rest to Kamara, so they sign a short yardage rb to reduce Kamara from that role. 

is this at all beneficial for Ingram.. although getting volume in Hou.. nothing to show for it

im an Ingram owner..

Dropped Damien Williams Chicago and grabbed him.  I have Montgomery he maybe back after their bye and Williams will drop off to third string.

59 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Good, because I'm playing against Kamara in two of my leagues.  Nice to know that if by some miracle the Saints get inside the 5 yard line, Kamara could be losing some opportunities.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This move tells me that they don't think Thomas is coming back and they're going to have to use Kamara more as a go-to receiver.  They can't keep giving him all those targets and carries.  He'll be dead by week 12.

I sort of feel like it tells me that the don’t like what they have behind Alvin. Tony got hurt, you have divine and ty Montgomery. Taysom is still hurt and…I mean Im no axeelf but sort of says if Alvin goes down we are completely screwed. 
Maybe it has a little to do with Thomas but to me it doesn’t really feel like it

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I sort of feel like it tells me that the don’t like what they have behind Alvin. Tony got hurt, you have divine and ty Montgomery. Taysom is still hurt and…I mean Im no axeelf but sort of says if Alvin goes down we are completely screwed. 
Maybe it has a little to do with Thomas but to me it doesn’t really feel like it

This move doesn't help them in the even Kamara goes down.  They're still screwed because they lost their best receiver and runner.  Replacing a great runner/receiver with an "ok" runner / non-receiver isn't going to really give you a chance to win.

Ingram gives them more now with Kamara healthy, it will will keep Kamara healthy, and if Kamara did get hurt, it helps them, now thy have someone that at least can play and is healthy.  

This is a good move for the Saints, and I would pick up Ingram if he available