Sign in to follow this  
browndelivers

Value of Schultz vs. Jeudy/Toney

In a non-PPR league, where I have Andrews on a bye and the TE waiver wire is crap, a dude offered me Dalton Schultz for either Jeudy or Toney.  What do y'all think?  I would bet on Schultz being a one-week rental if Andrews is healthy, and I have a feeling Toney could ball out later in the season and Jeudy could have a nice yardage floor.  On the other hand, it isn't the worst insurance policy, plus I get a DAL stack (Dak + Zeke + Schultz).  Roster below.  As you can see, I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Sanders, Corey Davis, and Bateman, and we only start 2 WRs and a standard flex, so I would still have enough depth.

QB: Dak

RB: Zeke, Gaskin, Gainwell, Mattison, Pollard,

WR: Jefferson, McLaurin, Sanders, Davis, Bateman, Jeudy, Toney

TE: Andrews

In a redraft I would give up either one for him.  

Agreed, Especially since you have a bunch of decent receivers on your roster already. I'd try to trade Jeudy for Schultz. 

I'd have just rather cut Cory Davis, because he sucks, and pick up a TE for the rental.  If for some strange reason you think Davis is good, you could've just picked him back up after the game.  But, since you went ahead with the trade, I hope you traded Toney.

Speaking of Jeudy, he didn't practice today, due to a sore ankle, so that's a setback for hoping he's playing this weekend

Yikes would not have touched that deal, and I like Schultz, I'd never make a trade for one week.

Actually it could be good one week deal, given up garbage to field a complete team is the right move, but without Dak will it be the better move based on who might be available at te in the OP league.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Actually it could be good one week deal, given up garbage to field a complete team is the right move, but without Dak will it be the better move based on who might be available at te in the OP league.  

Jeudy or Toney are garbage?

10 hours ago, Donkey said:

Jeudy or Toney are garbage?

On 10/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, browndelivers said:

In a non-PPR league, where I have Andrews on a bye and the TE waiver wire is crap, a dude offered me Dalton Schultz for either Jeudy or Toney.  What do y'all think?  I would bet on Schultz being a one-week rental if Andrews is healthy, and I have a feeling Toney could ball out later in the season and Jeudy could have a nice yardage floor.  On the other hand, it isn't the worst insurance policy, plus I get a DAL stack (Dak + Zeke + Schultz).  Roster below.  As you can see, I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Sanders, Corey Davis, and Bateman, and we only start 2 WRs and a standard flex, so I would still have enough depth.

QB: Dak

RB: Zeke, Gaskin, Gainwell, Mattison, Pollard,

WR: Jefferson, McLaurin, Sanders, Davis, Bateman, Jeudy, Toney

TE: Andrews

For the OP yes I do.  

On 10/30/2021 at 9:04 PM, weepaws said:

A absolutely horrible one week deal... for a TE no less.  Those 2 catches for 11 yards was sure worth giving up a player of Jeudy or Toney's potential for the rest of the season.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, weepaws said:

1. You can see that I said but without Dak will it be the better move based on who’s else might be available. 

3 hours ago, jaxjag said:

A absolutely horrible one week deal... for a TE no less.  Those 2 catches for 11 yards was sure worth giving up a player of Jeudy or Toney's potential for the rest of the season.

2. I don’t even know what the OP did do you? 

3.  We agree as it turn out Schultz didn’t perform.  So not a good move, I hope he found another te that was cheaper . 

4.  See in 2022 for your one ff season post.  

Thanks. 

• Confused 1