Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

California high school wins football game 106-0: 'Classless move'

:lol: They went for the 2 point conversion. :banana:

Inglewood High School beat Inglewood Morningside, 106-0, with quarterback Justyn Martin starring in the win. The school also went for a 2-point conversion while up 104-0. 

Collins added that the officials asked Inglewood if they would run the clock and they refused the request. He also said he was surprised Martin played as much as he did after recently announcing his commitment to the Bruins. He called the whole ordeal bad sportsmanship.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/california-high-school-football-106-0-ucla-commit

I hate coaches like like this. Not because they run up the score, but because they keep kids on the bench when they could be playing. 

I have no problem when a team keeps running their system, so long as they do it with their 2nd and 3rd string guys so they get experience.

Leaving your starters in is disrespectful to the other team and kids who don't see much PT on your own team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I hate coaches like like this. Not because they run up the score, but because they keep kids on the bench when they could be playing. 

I have no problem when a team keeps running their system, so long as they do it with their 2nd and 3rd string guys so they get experience.

Leaving your starters in is disrespectful to the other team and kids who don't see much PT on your own team.

Yeah. It's so stupid I wouldn't bat an eye if that dude got canned right after the game.

45 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The article points out how coach kept their blue chip QB in there.  It's all fun and games until the kid blows out his knee running for a meaningless score when up by 80+ points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

absolutely. great opportunity to run lesser known plays and give the bench more play time.  

keep your starters healthy in a blowout.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

keep your starters healthy in a blowout.

I'd also think that the kids getting their assess whooped might just start playing dirty out of frustration.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'd also think that the kids getting their assess whooped might just start playing dirty out of frustration.

maybe after the hook n ladder and statue of liberty.

Yeah...players get chippy

We had 2 games this year when we put up over 80 and had a running clock in the 2nd half both times.  The younger kids were worked into the game when we were up by 30+.

It doesn't appear to be the case here, but sometimes you don't mean to run the score up.  The opponent is just really bad.  

During the 1st game, our 3rd string cornerback picked off a pass and had a free run to the end zone, but he gave himself up at the 5.  So, our 3rd string QB, who stands about 5'5" came in, missed a hand off and ended up scoring on a busted play.  

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Same. All the starters should’ve been taken out in the first quarter. Hell, I would’ve let the water boy in there for a couple plays :lol: 

18 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Same. All the starters should’ve been taken out in the first quarter. Hell, I would’ve let the water boy in there for a couple plays :lol: 

Yup...

This happened in my school my freshman year.  We had one of the best programs in South Jersey at the time and playing a local private school that didn't really recruit, it was primarily a school focused on education, not athletics... but they were in our conference.  In the first quarter, we were up 35-0 and had the ball only once.  Had 2 Int's and 2 fumble returns for TD's.  With 2 minutes still left to go in the first quarter, the entire JV team was on the field.  Our coach told the Freshman coach to go dress his kids, they were playing the second half.  Our coach told the kids on defense that if they get a turnover, to just go down.  At halftime, it was 56-0.  Our Freshman in the second half, scored 49 points and the game ended 105-7.  A freshman RB, who as 4'7", 87 pounds, had 14 rushes for 216 yards and 5 TD's.  I mean, what more can you do?

Similar happened to us in soccer.  We were terrible.  Only had 1 sub.  Had 3 girls on our team... and started.   We played against the #4 team in the state.  Now, I don't know how it was anywhere else or how it is now, but we played 4 quarters, 15 minutes each.  But, we were losing 17-0 after the first.  The other team put their JV team at the 5 minute mark when it was 11-0 through the end of the first quarter.  They played their freshman team the rest of the way.  We lost 31-0.  Some times you just don't belong out there with the level of talent of your opponent.  We weren't upset.  It happens.  The parents (of course), were way more upset than we were.  On the field, we were having fun with the other team after the game.  Telling them good luck with their season.  I think they finished 2nd in the state that year.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Similar happened to us in soccer.  We were terrible.  Only had 1 sub.  Had 3 girls on our team... and started.   We played against the #4 team in the state.  Now, I don't know how it was anywhere else or how it is now, but we played 4 quarters, 15 minutes each.  But, we were losing 17-0 after the first.  The other team put their JV team at the 5 minute mark when it was 11-0 through the end of the first quarter.  They played their freshman team the rest of the way.  We lost 31-0. 

I hope your goalie survived the PTSD from being relentlessly shelled. :shocking:

Oh, and did you have coed showers? 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, Cdub100 said:

This seems like it burns deep. I am sorry you never got to play :(

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

This seems like it burns deep. I am sorry you never got to play :(

I woulda gone pro if coach just gave me the chance.

47 minutes ago, DonS said:

I hope your goalie survived the PTSD from being relentlessly shelled. :shocking:

Oh, and did you have coed showers? 

That poor dude, I felt so bad for him, but he took it in stride. 👍

Sadly, no.  Those girls had GREAT bodies.

We had a grade a good 7 years above us win a game 99-0.  They weren't passing and even had linemen playing RB all 2nd half. 

The opposing Principal was so upset by this, he petitioned our school board to fire our coach.  And every time our team would play against them at their place, he would have the scoreboard show the final score all during the pre-game.

It became a running joke that it was actually a detriment to display their ineptitude on the scoreboard instead of having it some sort of display of "gotcha".  :lol:

On 11/1/2021 at 10:37 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup...

This happened in my school my freshman year.  We had one of the best programs in South Jersey at the time and playing a local private school that didn't really recruit, it was primarily a school focused on education, not athletics... but they were in our conference.  In the first quarter, we were up 35-0 and had the ball only once.  Had 2 Int's and 2 fumble returns for TD's.  With 2 minutes still left to go in the first quarter, the entire JV team was on the field.  Our coach told the Freshman coach to go dress his kids, they were playing the second half.  Our coach told the kids on defense that if they get a turnover, to just go down.  At halftime, it was 56-0.  Our Freshman in the second half, scored 49 points and the game ended 105-7.  A freshman RB, who as 4'7", 87 pounds, had 14 rushes for 216 yards and 5 TD's.  I mean, what more can you do?

Similar happened to us in soccer.  We were terrible.  Only had 1 sub.  Had 3 girls on our team... and started.   We played against the #4 team in the state.  Now, I don't know how it was anywhere else or how it is now, but we played 4 quarters, 15 minutes each.  But, we were losing 17-0 after the first.  The other team put their JV team at the 5 minute mark when it was 11-0 through the end of the first quarter.  They played their freshman team the rest of the way.  We lost 31-0.  Some times you just don't belong out there with the level of talent of your opponent.  We weren't upset.  It happens.  The parents (of course), were way more upset than we were.  On the field, we were having fun with the other team after the game.  Telling them good luck with their season.  I think they finished 2nd in the state that year.

Sounds like your soccer team should’ve recruited some of the football players

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Sounds like your soccer team should’ve recruited some of the football players

We did. LOL. Of the 14 players, 6 were on the football team.  Though, one was the punter and another was the place kicker.