Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Calvin Ridley Out for Week 8

Good news for a Kyle Pitts owner I suppose.

Makes you wonder, what's the deal?

Is he having a bit of a drug or drinking problem?  Messy domestic situation? Deaths in the family?

Odd for a player to miss two nonconsecutive games in a month's span for personal reasons

Wonder if Ridley is a good buy low candidate - for example trade Lockett for him.

Edit - nevermind, as Ridley now says he is stepping away from football for a while.

He was way over-ranked before season started and too high of ADP.  I prefer #1 WRs who are tall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

He was way over-ranked before season started and too high of ADP.  I prefer #1 WRs who are tall.

Look back at the Ridley post during the summer, another valuable poster was saying that then.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

He's 6'1, that's not really short. It's not 6'4 but still taller than a lot of good #1 guys.

Most DB's are right around 5' 9" to maybe 6'. The best WR's have always been guys that are 6'-or taller, big tough guys that can go up and out-fight the smaller DB's that are trying to cover them...........................BUT they need a decent QB that has a decent O-Line to protect him long enough to look for these guys. Ridley fits the physical profile of a pretty good WR and has a QB that has thrown the heck out of it, he just needs to toughen up (CRAP work ethic-probably from his upbringing), ignore the bruises and little owie's-and get out there and play. WR's are prima donna's, the drama batches of the NFL-and Ridley apparently is the Queen Batch out of this years bunch-NICE job Cal, Queen of the Year!