Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Cal Ridley..............OMG

He just announced he is "stepping away from football" so he can deal with his personal problems....................please hurry, you won't be missed. Whatever-get it fixed and good luck.

They said during the game vs the Panthers, it was to deal with his mental health

Maybe Cal can join Kap on top of some mountain in Tibet…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who knows what’s going on with him, but mental health is more important than football or any job. With suicide and other mental health issues at all time highs, it’s idiotic and pathetic to bash him without knowing what’s going on with him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I want to be open minded, but hard to imagine what may be going on to where this is okay.

I guess he could have a child with a serious health issue or something, but if he just has a case of the blues...

What ever the problem I hope he gets the help he needs to resolve his issue.  

• Like 1

Me too, I hope he get's whatever his multi-million $$$$$ contract troubles are. He needs to get it taken care of rather than killing fantasy teams. Good nluck to him, it really is a relief to know-as an owner, that I can finally CUT HIM rather than getting lied to every week.

Money doesn’t equal happiness. We only see one role of his life, and believe he should be happy because of the success he has achieved in it. For all we know, every other role in his life is a struggle right now. Its truly sad if people someone how believe our stupid hobby trumps someone’s mental health. 

8 hours ago, polecatt said:

I want to be open minded, but hard to imagine what may be going on to where this is okay.

I guess he could have a child with a serious health issue or something, but if he just has a case of the blues...

depression can be quite crippling if  it is  a serious bout of it.

I  cannot say  from experience,  but a friend of mine has suffered from it and when it  happens, hes not able to do much.

I dont know much more than that.  I'm no expert, but I know enough that I'd say mental health can be a serious issue.

I  cannot comment further on this without a deeper knowledge of the situation.   that deeper knowledge is not something we are likely to ever learn.

7 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Money doesn’t equal happiness. We only see one role of his life, and believe he should be happy because of the success he has achieved in it. For all we know, every other role in his life is a struggle right now. Its truly sad if people someone how believe our stupid hobby trumps someone’s mental health. 

While very true, millions in our country are struggling with mental health…almost all don’t have the financial resources to just walk away from work to get better though.

13 hours ago, polecatt said:

This is a very ignorant point of view.

Lane Johnson is dealing with similar issues, the ORT for the Phi Eagles.  I think he did a segment on one of the pre-game shows, about his struggles.

14 hours ago, polecatt said:

whats hard to imagine?  that he didnt think about your sh!tty fantasy team prior to making this decision?   .. "case of the blues..." you sounds like a complete tool here polecat..

50 minutes ago, [echo] said:

whats hard to imagine?  that he didnt think about your sh!tty fantasy team prior to making this decision?   .. "case of the blues..." you sounds like a complete tool here polecat..

I don't have him on my team at all, so it doesn't matter to me personally one way or the other

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

This is a very ignorant point of view.

It's not a PC point of view

1 hour ago, makindollaz said:

While very true, millions in our country are struggling with mental health…almost all don’t have the financial resources to just walk away from work to get better though.

Exactly!

17 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's not a PC point of view

its political at all.. it screams of ignorance, and unfortunately laziness for not learning about a topic that is front burner now, and should have been for a long time.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [echo] said:

its political at all.. it screams of ignorance, and unfortunately laziness for not learning about a topic that is front burner now, and should have been for a long time.   

It's not political at all, it just screams of ignorance of the political narrative surrounding the issue  😆😆

Why don't you post excerpts from a Zoloft pamphlet so everyone will know what they're supposed to think on this? /s

I'm done talking about this, it has nothing to do with fantasy football

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

I'm done talking about this,...

we're all better off for it.

Respect and prayers up to Calvin.  Life and health is more important then a job.  It’s refreshing to see people now coming forward.   

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

It's not political at all, it just screams of ignorance of the political narrative surrounding the issue  😆😆

Why don't you post excerpts from a Zoloft pamphlet so everyone will know what they're supposed to think on this? /s

I'm done talking about this, it has nothing to do with fantasy football

Without attacking you, I think it will serve you well to try to learn a little bit on this topic, it really isn't a pc thing, this can affect your family and friends or even possibly you one day.

• Like 1

Is there any sort of back story? Family, home life. Anything during his college career?

On 11/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, Bills04 said:

Lane Johnson is dealing with similar issues, the ORT for the Phi Eagles.  I think he did a segment on one of the pre-game shows, about his struggles.

They mentioned this on sports radio here in Atlanta after talking about Ridley.

8 hours ago, IN$TANT REPAY said:

Then mentioned this on sports radio here in Atlanta after talking about Ridley.

Thanks for posting great stuff

I completely agree that mental health comes first and that he should do what’s best for his health.  But if he’s going to “step away from football,” at least put him on IR so FF owners (I have him on two teams) aren’t screwed. 

• Thanks 1

And while their at it, let my players score all the tds and gain all the yards.  

58 minutes ago, klaatu said:

I completely agree that mental health comes first and that he should do what’s best for his health.  But if he’s going to “step away from football,” at least put him on IR so FF owners (I have him on two teams) aren’t screwed. 

Yeah, what're we supposed to do with him?