Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Christmas time in NYC advice

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

It’s really not. 

Sure it's not. So long as you have your star of david and papers.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I just realized that we are FM

When we post in tandem

We're like a team, brah!

I have no clue what you are saying 

Just now, Mike Isles said:

🤔 

If you are not on a lep or desktop there is no way that I can explain the directly above to you.

On my screen when you type it's a logo M

When I do, It's a logo F

Scroll up.  it will make sense.  My apologies for assuming we were on the same page.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Sure it's not. So long as you have your star of david and papers.

It would be great if the Jews were still running NYC. 

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

Uber. Expect $40 per ride. Same cost cab. Stay away from subway. 

Are the subways dangerous again now?  Like 70’s era dangerous?

I used to ride the subway every weekday,  but only during rush hour.  

That was also 20 years ago. 

We went for Christmas a in 2019 and it was awesome.  I had not been there for like 25 years.  The most fun we had was just walking around from the hotel to Central park.  Looking at the Christmas stuff especially at Rockefeller Center and the rest of the city.  Hitting all the museums and  shops.   The Natural History museum was amazing.   Central park was cool.  Trump tower was a lot of fun since he was still POTUS.  All the big stores.  Going to the top of the buildings.  Every show we went to felt like I was just watching something staged rather than walking around looking at the city.  Do not plan too many activities so you are rushing from one thing to another.   Just relax, spent a lot of time seeing the city and people. 

11 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

What’s the best way to get around? Cabs? Uber? Subway? Trying to see how much we need to set aside for “travel” while there 

You should listen to the locals here because I have been to NYC since covid, but the subway was always the best way around. Walking was second. Cabs 3rd. Anything within 20 blocks is easily walked, but 50 blocks is not out of the question if you are in reasonable shape.

10 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Clueless 

cdub is the kind of guy that gets all his information from alt right social media.  There are some videos of leftists being dumb in NYC so now he thinks the whole city is like that.  But of course, it's not.

Go see the tree, but it' a lot smaller than it looks on TV.  Check out the Dept Store windows, start by Macy's herald square, walk up town to Times Square.

NYC around the holidays is special.

Also fock the chinatown dimsum and get some ramen, Momofuku downtown is the best.

57 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

cdub is the kind of guy that gets all his information from alt right social media.  There are some videos of leftists being dumb in NYC so now he thinks the whole city is like that.  But of course, it's not.

Go see the tree, but it' a lot smaller than it looks on TV.  Check out the Dept Store windows, start by Macy's herald square, walk up town to Times Square.

NYC around the holidays is special.

Also fock the chinatown dimsum and get some ramen, Momofuku downtown is the best.

You’re clueless. Stop talking. I’m there all the time and it’s going to shite. Not at Philly or Baltimore levels, but much worse than before. Homeless everywhere, violent crimes in Times Square, which was unheard of not so long ago. Subway crimes through the roof. 25 pct of cops and fireman being sent home today, garbage not getting picked up. Why do you think everyone hates Deblasio? You know nothing.  

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re clueless. Stop talking. I’m there all the time and it’s going to shite. Not at Philly or Baltimore levels, but much worse than before. Homeless everywhere, violent crimes in Times Square, which was unheard of not so long ago. Subway crimes through the roof. 25 pct of cops and fireman being sent home today, garbage not getting picked up. Why do you think everyone hates Deblasio? You know nothing.  

I'm there too.  There has always been crime in Times Square and the Subways.  It has gotten worse with Deblasio, but it's not like "Escape from New York" like you Alt Rights want it to be.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm there too.  There has always been crime in Times Square and the Subways.  It has gotten worse with Deblasio, but it's not like "Escape from New York" like you Alt Rights want it to be.

Another leftie who doesn’t see the difference between crime and violent crime. Until he gets cracked in the face. Then he knows. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Another leftie who doesn’t see the difference between crime and violent crime. Until he gets cracked in the face. Then he knows. 

Obviously you weren't around in the 80s and early 90s well violent crime was actually a problem in NYC.  It's not now, despite what you see on social media.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/09/violent-crime-actually-dropped-in-new-york-city-this-summer.html

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Obviously you weren't around in the 80s and early 90s well violent crime was actually a problem in NYC.  It's not now, despite what you see on social media.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/09/violent-crime-actually-dropped-in-new-york-city-this-summer.html

Yet somehow murders and shootings are up. NY mag. Lol. Clueless. 

Midtown south is the pct that covers Times Square. Murders up 200 pct, robberies up 170 pct, felony assaults up 136 pct. and those felony assaults are only the ones reported and not downgraded to a misdemeanor assault, which they love to do. Clueless. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yet somehow murders and shootings are up. NY mag. Lol. Clueless. 

You are a very stupid person.

Murders are essentially flat from last year, up the past two years (Thanks Deblasio) but still low, and still down over 10 years, 20 years,30 years.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

Please shut up.

Don’t forget to visit Times Square, the Temple Bar of Manhattan. :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Murders are essentially flat from last year, up the past two years (Thanks Deblasio) but still low, and still down over 10 years, 20 years,30 years.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

Please shut up.

Yeah, you have to go back twenty years when there were lower crimes because of enforcement.  Now there is less enforcement and crime is going back up. So Fockin stupid. 

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Please shut up.

Yet somehow murders and shootings are up. Explain please. 

We all know why crime has gone up the past few years.  My point is that crime is still low historically speaking.  The data supports that.

If you wanna cry that NYC is a cesspool of crime right now, that's simply not true, bit whatever, I don't really give a fock.

Did any of you watch the Wire? They didn’t get a lot of things right in that show, but one thing they were spot on about was the juking of stats. Problem is, you can’t make many murders or shootings go away. I hate talking crime stats with clueless liberals. Murders are up, crime is down. Great. 

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

We all know why crime has gone up the past few years.  My point is that crime is still low historically speaking.  The data supports that.

If you wanna cry that NYC is a cesspool of crime right now, that's simply not true, bit whatever, I don't really give a fock.

So you’re claiming victory over crime based on crime rates when there was much more enforcement , and using that to claim crime is down, to cover for crime being up with less enforcement. How about we concentrate on the fact that crime is going up now, and more people are victims of it?   Normal people still GAF about victims. You want to win a message board. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you’re claiming victory over crime based on crime rates when there was much more enforcement , and using that to claim crime is down, to cover for crime being up with less enforcement. How about we concentrate on the fact that crime is going up now, and more people are victims of it.  Normal people still GAF about victims. You want to win a message board. 

No, I don't want to win a message board.

I'm trying to bring some common sense to a person thinking about visiting NYC.  They shouldn't be scared to do so based on the political postings of some hack idiots.

Arguing about crime. Sounds like a fun place 

57 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No, I don't want to win a message board.

I'm trying to bring some common sense to a person thinking about visiting NYC.  They shouldn't be scared to do so based on the political postings of some hack idiots.

See, i never said to be scared and not go. I actually said some things he should do there. I said it wasn’t Baltimore or Philly. You claimed it’s not getting worse. It is. Because you are a clueless hack. 

You can always tell when people get all their information about major US cities from cop shows and cable news. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

You can always tell when people get all their information about major US cities from cop shows and cable news. 

Yeah, it’s called comstat. It’s on line. NYC. gov. 

On 11/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, GutterBoy said:

Columbia student murdered on street in unprovoked attack, tourist stabbed in unprovoked attack.  Bank of America has told their employees to dress down coming to work due to them being accosted. 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, Djgb13 said:

What’s the best way to get around? Cabs? Uber? Subway? Trying to see how much we need to set aside for “travel” while there 

Hire HT. to drive you around. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Hire HT. to drive you around. :thumbsup: 

I’m too expensive. It’s not practical. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Columbia student murdered on street in unprovoked attack, tourist stabbed in unprovoked attack.  Bank of America has told their employees to dress down coming to work due to them being accosted. 

In the 70's and early 80's NYC was an overall sh!thole and crime was abundant, Guliani gets too much credit for it in reality, I would suggest reading "The City that Became Safe" by Franklin Zimring.  He was a professor of law and chairman of the Criminal Justice Research Program at the University of California at Berkeley, he concluded that the  "zero tolerance" aspect that Guliani has made a career of had little to do with it. He found that through the combination of strategic policing and harm reduction by NYPD the progress was made.  

So when you hear "defund the police" you know you are dealing within someone who is abjectly stupid.

54 minutes ago, RLLD said:

In the 70's and early 80's NYC was an overall sh!thole and crime was abundant, Guliani gets too much credit for it in reality, I would suggest reading "The City that Became Safe" by Franklin Zimring.  He was a professor of law and chairman of the Criminal Justice Research Program at the University of California at Berkeley, he concluded that the  "zero tolerance" aspect that Guliani has made a career of had little to do with it. He found that through the combination of strategic policing and harm reduction by NYPD the progress was made.  

So when you hear "defund the police" you know you are dealing within someone who is abjectly stupid.

I disagree. I came on when Koch was mayor, lived through Dinkins and was working the night Rudy and Bratton took over. It changed at midnight, Completely, right off the bat. And it was never zero tolerance. Anyone who claims that is uninformed. There was a realistic activity expectation (quota) but it wasn’t anything crazy. It went from no enforcement expectations besides parking and moving violations to some expectations, so it seemed like zero tolerance but it wasn’t even close. There wouldn’t be enough room in the cells at the pct  and  down at the booking facilities if there was zero tolerance, and no one would be left on patrol. Put that guy in a room with people that were there and most, but not all of his conclusions would be quickly debunked. I’ve read many of those reports by academics. Some truths, but they miss the mark by a lot. As Tommy boy said, trust the butcher.