DEEZNUTS

Derrick Henry - done for the season...potentially.

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I don't think the Colts would trade Marlon Mack to the Titans but it would be a good fit.

Yeah was thinking the exact same thing.  The GM thinking of "no trades within a division" is such an outdated view but I doubt it happens.

So, the workload finally catching up to him?

A whole lot of 7-0 and 6-1 fantasy owners just took a gut shot this morning.  In the 3 $ leagues I’m in, the current #1 has him in 2 of the leagues, and the third was definitely trending towards the playoffs even though not #1 right now.

With all the RB injuries going down, does anyone think it's worth making a speculative trade for Ronald Jones? Deep league. Think he's a good RB but clearly not wanted in Tampa, Tennessee doesn't look like it has a replacement on the roster so he could be a target. Either them or the Ravens.

7 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

With all the RB injuries going down, does anyone think it's worth making a speculative trade for Ronald Jones? Deep league. Think he's a good RB but clearly not wanted in Tampa, Tennessee doesn't look like it has a replacement on the roster so he could be a target. Either them or the Ravens.

He would be a good replacement for the Titans. Obviously he's no Derrick Henry, but who is?

Do the Ravens really need another mediocre, he's okay, inconsistent RB to their stable? I mean they have L Murray, D Freeman, and L Bell already. What could Ronald Jones possibly add?

9 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

I don't envision the Bucs trading Jones, even if a team offered a #1.  The Bucs are looking for another ring.  If Fournette goes down for any period of time, Vaughn isn't going to be good enough to help this team.

The teams trading RBs would be those losing or with an abundance of depth. 

Thats not TB, Denver is a no also. Could be Mack as he requested a trade. Houston should try and collect draft assets but will they move another RB after Ingram? Coleman on the Jets? Baltimore has a number of mediocre RBs. 

edit- maybe not Mack due to same division 

wasnt there a discussion not too long ago where some were saying "you were an idiot if you took cmac...henry should have been #1 all the way"?

i dont own henry and i dont wish injury on anyone....but it appears hes done for the year and cmac is about to come back fresh...also cmac has a pretty clear cut cuff even if the overall team situation isnt as ideal.......people always say "its just a matter of time with cmac"...and he may go down yet again before the year is over....but it was also a ticking bomb with henry too....

Yeah, that figures. Now I have to find a way to hold onto the 100 point lead he helped give me on the field for 9 weeks. 

16 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

As a guy holding Mack on my bench, I got excited for about 3 seconds, then realized IND prob won't trade him in the div.  Ugh

You need to temper your expectations.  The Colts aren't going to trade him to a team in the AFC.  In the NFC, who's going to trade anything of substance for an RB?  The only teams that "need" a RB are teams who won't make the playoffs like Atlanta, Washington, Giants (depending on how long Barkley is out), Carolina (depending on how long McCaffrey is out), and Philly?  If he goes anywhere, his role won't really change.  He'll be a backup getting about 5 to 7 carries a game... maybe a couple of catches.

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You need to temper your expectations.  The Colts aren't going to trade him to a team in the AFC.  In the NFC, who's going to trade anything of substance for an RB?  The only teams that "need" a RB are teams who won't make the playoffs like Atlanta, Washington, Giants (depending on how long Barkley is out), Carolina (depending on how long McCaffrey is out), and Philly?  If he goes anywhere, his role won't really change.  He'll be a backup getting about 5 to 7 carries a game... maybe a couple of catches.

The Colts aren’t winning anything this year, and shame on their GM if he thinks they are.  They should trade Mack to any team that will give them asking price to possibly help them get to a QB of the future that can help that young talent take the next step.

Wow! I guess Henry is not only human, but just like every other RB who carries a massive workload... 

Hopefully ATL gives them Mike Davis.  Thought Davis would do well in my flex as the "clear cut" RB1 for Falcons, only to have CP bend me over and give me a donkey punch. 🐴 🤛

52 minutes ago, JagFan said:

The Colts aren’t winning anything this year, and shame on their GM if he thinks they are.  They should trade Mack to any team that will give them asking price to possibly help them get to a QB of the future that can help that young talent take the next step.

They can't win the division?

I think even if they bring someone in they should give McNichols first crack with Darrynton Evans as the change of pace / 3rd down / passing downs back. McNichols is a must add everywhere and Evans is a sneaky add in deeper leagues.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think even if they bring someone in they should give McNichols first crack with Darrynton Evans as the change of pace / 3rd down / passing downs back. McNichols is a must add everywhere and Evans is a sneaky add in deeper leagues.

Evans is out with a knee injury. Pretty sure they'll be bringing in a running back through free agency or a trade.

I'm playing the Henry owner next week and I just grabbed McNichols as a c-block. Will Jeremy be worth anything? I always thought of him as just a change of pace back (see Justin Jackson).

Just now, rotisserieking said:

I'm playing the Henry owner next week and I just grabbed McNichols as a c-block. Will Jeremy be worth anything? I always thought of him as just a change of pace back (see Justin Jackson).

I think McNichols is/was always more suited for a regular role than Evans was. He has the prototypical size and speed and he was a bellcow in college. I think he’s very competent.

I wouldn’t get too cute here and speculate anyone off the street or practice squad leapfrogging him on the depth chart or sharing with him. 

I thought he’s looked decent in all of his opportunities spelling Henry, dating back to last season.

This is one of the few times that owning the handcuff pays off. McNichols had almost zero standalone value but now he could potentially be a league winner off the WW. In the only league that I own Henry, I picked up McNichols a few weeks ago just because I had the space and surplus of moves. Can’t imagine he’s not the top WW add this week right?

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Hopefully ATL gives them Mike Davis.  Thought Davis would do well in my flex as the "clear cut" RB1 for Falcons, only to have CP bend me over and give me a donkey punch. 🐴 🤛

I would like to see this happen.  Would be interesting since the falcons head coach was until this season Henry rb coach.  

I think McNickols has the of course advantage for about a week or two, but I think they’ll try hard for an upgrade over him.  

They put a 6-10 week timeline on his return.  Great.  Now I might have to hold this dude on my roster.  Just in case he's back for the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think McNickols has the of course advantage for about a week or two, but I think they’ll try hard for an upgrade over him.  

Not if he plays well.

There is no replacing Derrick Henry, but McNichols might be the best of the available options.

I’d venture out to say he’s a better RB right now than Mike Davis and Adrian Peterson.

49ers have some depth at RB with one of their RB's on the mend (Jeff Wilson) and Elijah Mitchell breaking out. Wonder if they'd trade away Trey Lance. Better question might be if TENN would want him LOL

20 minutes ago, pee-diddy said:

49ers have some depth at RB with one of their RB's on the mend (Jeff Wilson) and Elijah Mitchell breaking out. Wonder if they'd trade away Trey Lance. Better question might be if TENN would want him LOL

Assume you meant Sermon and not Lance.

22 minutes ago, pee-diddy said:

Huh?

Guessing you mean Sermon but talk about pulling the plug on a guy pretty quickly.

29 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Not if he plays well.

There is no replacing Derrick Henry, but McNichols might be the best of the available options.

I’d venture out to say he’s a better RB right now than Mike Davis and Adrian Peterson.

I think he’s a better rb right now on the Titans , he has about two weeks , and then they the Titans will start adding Rbs and it get messy.  

*I* think it will be ADP.  When he was in WAS, the HC said he was in PHENOMENAL shape, when he went through the conditioning drills they do for players, before training camp.  Plus, he has shown he CAN handle as many totes as the team wants to feed him.