DEEZNUTS

Derrick Henry - done for the season...potentially.

Now the question becomes, did they add Peterson to back up McNichol, or vice versa ?

My arch enemy in my league, beat me to McNichol earlier today. Now he dropped McNichol, to pick up AP

30 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

RBBC - Mcnichols is not meant to get a full load

That makes the most sense. 

29 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Now the question becomes, did they add Peterson to back up McNichol, or vice versa ?

My arch enemy in my league, beat me to McNichol earlier today. Now he dropped McNichol, to pick up AP

That was probably a mistake.  McNichol is probably the guy to have.  They'll probably split time, but AP hasn't done much in years.

5 hours ago, makindollaz said:

A whole lot of 7-0 and 6-1 fantasy owners just took a gut shot this morning.  In the 3 $ leagues I’m in, the current #1 has him in 2 of the leagues, and the third was definitely trending towards the playoffs even though not #1 right now.

I'm really screwed in my main league.  I have the highest scoring team in the league, but I'm going to pull to just 4-4 if gano can hit a couple of FGs.

I wasn't really concerned until this injury.  Now I'm down Carson and Henry and looking at starting the likes of Gaskin and waiver wire fodder at runningback.  

52 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

RBBC - Mcnichols is not meant to get a full load

Not only can Mcnichols not handle a big load, the fact Peterson came so fast is notable. I may just pull out and wait for a bigger one to use my FAAB

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Not only can Mcnichols not handle a big load, the fact Peterson came so fast is notable. I may just pull out and wait for a bigger one to use my FAAB

🤣

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They can't win the division?

They should win the division now.  And that gets them what?

6 minutes ago, JagFan said:

They should win the division now.  And that gets them what?

A division championship and a playoff birth.  In the playoffs, everyone is 0-0.  No one ever thinks they're going to lose.

41 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Well played sir😅🤣

I wish they just put a tight end in at the running back position to block during pass rush and throw to AJ Brown every play.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

They'll probably split time, but AP hasn't done much in years.

He rushed for 604 yards and seven touchdowns with the Lions in 2020 - that wasn't that long ago.  AP could have some value in that offense if he can carve out a goal line back role.

I think this is going to be a mistake to own any of those Rbs.  

Titans will turn to the passing game more now, and a RBBC and I think Peterson won’t be the only rb they might pick up.  

The fun thing is that with a 40+ point lead and most good RBs scoring around 15 pts per week, Henry will still lead all NFL RBs in fantasy points for the next three weeks.

The Henry owner just dropped him. Playoffs are weeks 15 - 17 and his recovery is what, 6-10 weeks? And this is a keeper league! Think I will IR him.

18 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

The Henry owner just dropped him. Playoffs are weeks 15 - 17 and his recovery is what, 6-10 weeks? And this is a keeper league! Think I will IR him.

No brainer in a keeper league.  I’d snatch him up even if zero chance of returning for the FF playoffs.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

A division championship and a playoff birth.  In the playoffs, everyone is 0-0.  No one ever thinks they're going to lose.

True.  And I don’t think any of us know who the NFL has Green Bay scripted to beat in the Super Bowl this year.

Won’t be Mahomes and KC and the sunshine band.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Trade for Gordon. 

FREE JAVONTE!!!

I wish. Those two are my RB 3 and 4 on the Henry team. 

As much as I like what I've seen from McNichols, I do think Peterson will get the majority of the carries and early down work. I'm optimistic that maybe they'll alternate series but I doubt it. 

The Titans have an excellent run blocking scheme which allows Henry to get into the secondary often untouched. Peterson has always been a 1-cut and go RB which is a perfect fit for how the Titans run the ball. 

Also, we can't forget that Peterson is a MEGA DIVA. He'd never sign anywhere to be a backup. If he doesn't get carries, he's going to make a stink and ask for a release like he's always done. 

My fear is the Titans have already promised him a hefty workload. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, weepaws said:

I think he’s a better rb right now on the Titans , he has about two weeks , and then they the Titans will start adding Rbs and it get messy.  

So it didn’t even take two weeks. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So it didn’t even take two weeks. 

If they signed anyone but Peterson. Proof is in the pudding. Has there ever been a bigger diva RB?

Sadly I don't think McNichols is gonna get a fair shake. 

He’s a deva, but he keeps getting a job.  

Plus I agree, seems like his style fits the system. It’s a good move for the Titans. 

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If they signed anyone but Peterson. Proof is in the pudding. Has there ever been a bigger diva RB?

Sadly I don't think McNichols is gonna get a fair shake. 

I think he will, but more on 2nd/3rd downs. Could have a very valuable passing role, given the Titans are almost certainly going to have to pass it more and AP has never been much of a pass catcher.

I think AP certainly fits what the Titans want to do, but then again he's 36 and been trying to get a job for 8 months and no one has been remotely interested.