Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Ruggs in "Serious Car Accident"

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It is looking like a possible vehicular homicide for him.....should note allegedly

Sure, maybe the guy died of covid...

The precedent for killing a guy while driving drunk is a year's suspension.

The NFL may take a harder line this time, but if Ruggs avoids an extended jail sentence, I wouldn't be surprised if he got another chance.

11 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

The NFL may take a harder line this time, but if Ruggs avoids an extended jail sentence, I wouldn't be surprised if he got another chance.

Good thing he only killed someone then.  Imagine if he said something to hurt someone's feelings.  He may have been banned for life.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

This can’t be right. 

Note this is the first player that will suffer the consequences of living in Las Vegas. Sadly this won’t be the last.

22 years old, Impaired while driving at 3:30 in the morning. Nothing good happens at that time, especially in Vegas.

8 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

That just says that he was suspended for a year for "violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and its substance abuse policy."  Do we know if that's purely because he had other suspensions?  I don't know off hand.  It didn't say that the death of the person factored into it.

6 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

How fast could a suspension come down? Do you think he still plays for a while?

Just a DUI, yeah, he'd probably continue to play. A DUI resulting in a death, I can't see it.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That just says that he was suspended for a year for "violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and its substance abuse policy."  Do we know if that's purely because he had other suspensions?  I don't know off hand.  It didn't say that the death of the person factored into it.

Good question. Leonard Little got 8 games in 99 for the same thing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1789026

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

Just a DUI, yeah, he'd probably continue to play. A DUI resulting in a death, I can't see it.

Does the league act on "charged" or "convicted"?

1 minute ago, Redsox2020 said:

That was 11-12 years ago.  And really not sure how this is relevant.   

That's the last time it happened. That's the precedent. Like I say, it's entirely possible the NFL takes a harsher stance this time, but it's also entirely possible he back playing in a couple years.

1 minute ago, Nomad99 said:

They can act on charged (or even not charged) if they want to.

Unless something big changes about the story, 0% chance he plays again this year. If the Raiders don't outright release him, he'll be put on the Commissioner's Exempt list.

3 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

They can act on charged (or even not charged) if they want to.

Unless something big changes about the story, 0% chance he plays again this year. If the Raiders don't outright release him, he'll be put on the Commissioner's Exempt list.

Yeah, they did that with Ray Rice.  He wasn't charged with anything when he beat his wife.  They gave him 2 games.  No charges were ever filed because his wife didn't press any.

Ok, I don't know Ruggs or the person involved.  It's a shame it happened, but nothing I can do about it.  But, this is a fantasy website, so... that being said, I have Godwin on a bye... I put in Edwards.  I originally had Mooney in until I heard about this.:dunno:

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ok, I don't know Ruggs or the person involved.  It's a shame it happened, but nothing I can do about it.  But, this is a fantasy website, so... that being said, I have Godwin on a bye... I put in Edwards.  I originally had Mooney in until I heard about this.:dunno:

Good to know someone wins in this situation.

Lol

4 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Would you try to trade for Renfrow? Maybe offer Beasley?

I would think that Renfrow is the clear guy to have in Vegas.  Not sure Beasley would be enough.

Well, I've had him on the bench of my dynasty team, hoping he would break out, I guess this answers that...

23 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Good to know someone wins in this situation.

Lol

Yeah, who'd of thunk it... someone came to a fantasy football message board and wait for it... wanted to talk about FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Note this is the first player that will suffer the consequences of living in Las Vegas. Sadly this won’t be the last.

22 years old, Impaired while driving at 3:30 in the morning. Nothing good happens at that time, especially in Vegas.

Winner.  

It’s a very sad issue.  

)Seriously, there's some knuckleheads in the NFL that just don't get and probably never will until something catastrophic  happens to them.as is the case with Ruggs. I have no problem with players partying a little and being responsible with it during the season but to get behind the wheel of a 2,000 LB moving mass of metal is just inexcusable.  Seems like this situation and other immature acts are being committed by the younger players I suppose, although some supposedly older mature players have stepped jnto the arena of sheer stupidity what the he'll in God's name is wrong with these guys? It's just sad that it may take an event like this happening for Ruggs to wake up and realize what he's done to his life. Not to mention the devastation and destruction he's done to a family who have now lost a loved one. I don't feel sad for Ruggs but sad for the person who lost their life and the loss and grief the person's family will have to go through. It has impacted many lives with this act and Ruggs should be held accountable and punished to the maximum for what he's done.                                          I hope that players around the league that insist on putting themselves in questionable situations with no regard but for themselves wake the he'll up and make changes in their lives before something of this nature rears up and bites them in the arse. Sad that this occurrence happened for some of these young players to take a real hard look at their life and question the choices they make before something.happens to them. It puzzles me how these guys make the money they do and think they can just do as they please and not suffer any consequences. OK, I'm done ranting and busting on these guys but it pisses.me off.as.I'm sure it does many of you. Life's too short to squander it away on drugs and alcohol. I think Mr. RUGGS will now find out that HELL is real and he's just become a member of it!!.

Even if he was allowed to keep playing, can’t imagine he would be in any frame of mind to do so. 

10 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

)Seriously, there's some knuckleheads in the NFL that just don't get and probably never will until something catastrophic  happens to them.as is the case with Ruggs. I have no problem with players partying a little and being responsible with it during the season but to get behind the wheel of a 2,000 LB moving mass of metal is just inexcusable.  Seems like this situation and other immature acts are being committed by the younger players I suppose, although some supposedly older mature players have stepped jnto the arena of sheer stupidity what the he'll in God's name is wrong with these guys? It's just sad that it may take an event like this happening for Ruggs to wake up and realize what he's done to his life. Not to mention the devastation and destruction he's done to a family who have now lost a loved one. I don't feel sad for Ruggs but sad for the person who lost their life and the loss and grief the person's family will have to go through. It has impacted many lives with this act and Ruggs should be held accountable and punished to the maximum for what he's done.                                          I hope that players around the league that insist on putting themselves in questionable situations with no regard but for themselves wake the he'll up and make changes in their lives before something of this nature rears up and bites them in the arse. Sad that this occurrence happened for some of these young players to take a real hard look at their life and question the choices they make before something.happens to them. It puzzles me how these guys make the money they do and think they can just do as they please and not suffer any consequences. OK, I'm done ranting and busting on these guys but it pisses.me off.as.I'm sure it does many of you. Life's too short to squander it away on drugs and alcohol. I think Mr. RUGGS will now find out that HELL is real and he's just become a member of it!!.

From Bliss, millionaire, Corvettes, Yachts, Limos, restaurants, jewelry, etc., don't call an Uber, POOF, jump suit and bars.

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Why single out Vegas? Deaths from drunken driving has happened in lot's of bigger cities many, many, many times over for years and years.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good thing he only killed someone then.  Imagine if he said something to hurt someone's feelings.  He may have been banned for life.

R.I.P. Jon Gruden. What he said was unforgivable.

Let's find a way for the NFL to embrace Ruggs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Why single out Vegas? Deaths from drunken driving has happened in lot's of bigger cities many, many, many times over for years and years.

Why single out drunk driving ? 

According to data from the DOT in my state a couple years ago, distracted driving caused 4 times more accidents with injuries than drunk driving.

I'm sure you understand that I'm not making light of drunk driving, only stating that once you take those statistics into consideration, fines for distracted driving should be much higher.

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Why single out drunk driving ? 

According to data from the DOT in my state a couple years ago, distracted driving caused 4 times more accidents with injuries than drunk driving.

I'm sure you understand that I'm not making light of drunk driving, only stating that once you take those statistics into consideration, fines for distracted driving should be much higher.

Fines for "distracted" (cell phone) driving should be EQUAL to drunk driving-at least a drunk has their eyes on the road!