Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Ruggs in "Serious Car Accident"

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Why single out Vegas? Deaths from drunken driving has happened in lot's of bigger cities many, many, many times over for years and years.

Hell, my parents lived out in the country, outside of a city much smaller than any NFL city, save Green Bay.

Three times when I was a kid, I was awaken at night because a drunk driver plowed through the yard and hit something.

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Hell, my parents lived out in the country, outside of a city much smaller than any NFL city, save Green Bay.

Three times when I was a kid, I was awaken at night because a drunk driver plowed through the yard and hit something.

Drunk driving is a problem but each state has gone way overboard-they've gotten greedy and made it into a multi-million dollar business for each and every one of them-all 50 states. If law was so serious about making roads safer they'd really crack down on cell phone usage, which is much more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Drunk driving is a problem but each state has gone way overboard-they've gotten greedy and made it into a multi-million dollar business for each and every one of them-all 50 states. If law was so serious about making roads safer they'd really crack down on cell phone usage, which is much more dangerous.

Agreed on the cell phone. If I have 2 beers and drive I feel much safer than if I am completely sober and take my eyes off the road to look at my phone. I never pick up my phone while driving.

The reason that drunken driving is unsafe is because the drunk person's eyes fixate on each spot they see for a little longer than when sober. Sober eyes are constantly in movement all over the roads and sidewalks and signs etc. While drunk, they fixate longer on each thing they see. Hence slow reactions to sudden changes in what's around them.

If you look at your phone while driving, your eyes fixate on the phone even longer than when you are drunk.

If Ruggs is criminally charged and found guilty, I don't know how the NFL can look at themselves in the mirror if they let that dude back in the league after doing what they did to Gruden. 

And drunken driving is a choice. If Ruggs is found guilty, it means he chose to put himself in a situation that he new could kill someone because of his own actions.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Why single out Vegas? Deaths from drunken driving has happened in lot's of bigger cities many, many, many times over for years and years.

Because Riggs play for the Raiders , who play in Vegas, no one said it doesn’t happen in other city’s.  

Sadly someone lost a love one. And that’s a big issue   

And sadly Riggs will live with his decision to drink and drive that  lead to him killing a person. That’s going to be a tough one. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Because Riggs play for the Raiders , who play in Vegas, no one said it doesn’t happen in other city’s.  

You should follow more closely.

And I didn't know Bobby Riggs got a DUI in Vegas or play for the Raiders. Interesting. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Sadly someone lost a love one. And that’s a big issue   

And sadly Riggs will live with his decision to drink and drive that  lead to him killing a person. That’s going to be a tough one. 

How do you know someone loved the deceased?

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Winner.  

It’s a very sad issue.  

Obviously there are more opportunities to make stupid decisions in Las Vegas, but its not like this couldn't happen in any league city, even Green Bay. 31 of the 32 cities are major metropolitan areas with lots of things to do and places to liquor up. No different from NYC, LA, Chicago or Miami. Just a bad decision that killed someone and ruined his own life forever at age 22.

14 minutes ago, nobody said:

I know. 

1 minute ago, Fearsome said:

Obviously there are more opportunities to make stupid decisions in Las Vegas, but its not like this couldn't happen in any league city, even Green Bay. 31 of the 32 cities are major metropolitan areas with lots of things to do and places to liquor up. No different from NYC, LA, Chicago or Miami. Just a bad decision that killed someone and ruined his own life forever at age 22.

Of course, but it didn’t in this case. 

Ruggs plays for the Raiders who play in Vegas. 

Sad situation, don’t know what will happen to Ruggs, but just living with that bad decision to drive drunk and that took a life, will be a tough one for him to live with going forward.  

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You should follow more closely.

And I didn't know Bobby Riggs got a DUI in Vegas or play for the Raiders. Interesting. 

No I shouldn’t  follow what you say more closely it just leads one to sin. 

I hope he does go to the Raiders, seems like a good fit, another below avg wr will sit on someones ff bench. 

2 hours ago, nobody said:

You don't drive a Toyota Rav4 unless you have loved ones.

I honestly wouldn't bump up anyone in terms of fantasy value. It's not like Edwards or Renfrow can recreate the deep threat that is Henry Ruggs and he is not highly targeted anyway. 

That’s the reason why D Jax would make for a good move, he has the speed and ability for the deep game, but I don’t think unlike the great Raider teams of old, the deep ball is their game. 

Just now, weepaws said:

That’s the reason why D Jax would make for a good move, he has the speed and ability for the deep game, but I don’t think unlike the great Raider teams of old, the deep ball is their game. 

DJax makes perfect sense. They use Ruggs to stretch the field for guys like Waller to work in space underneath. There's no reason DJax couldn't come in and do the same.

3 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Another problem is that so many people think they have to drive fast when they're drunk, never understood that one.

Guess you’re not a drinker

Beer Muscles plain and simple

thats what gets them behind the wheel in the first place 

4 minutes ago, plasma george said:

Been drunk may of times and never have I thought about getting in my car and driving as fast as I can.  

36 minutes ago, Redsox2020 said:

Been drunk may of times and never have I thought about getting in my car and driving as fast as I can.  

It’s also about high horsepower cars, its more of a rush with alcohol

getting in the car is invincibility, also a side affect of alcohol 

you said you didn’t understand why they drive fast, now you understand exactly 

2 hours ago, plasma george said:

HAHA, in younger years I was and all my friends would want to ride with me, I never saw any reason to go Nascar. Let the idiots drive fast and get beat up, I always liked to go where the girls were.

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

I always liked to go where the girls were.

Like Lane Bryant?

• Haha 2

Ruggs had a woman in the car with him.  At something like 3:14AM..  He likely picked her up at a night club, and was showing off for her, on the way back to his place.  About some of the other comments:

1)  Yes, you are correct - using a cell phone is WAY worse than driving under the influence.  Years ago, Car and Driver did an article / test on it.  From what I remember, reaction times were something like 10 to 15 times WORSE, using a cell phone while driving, vs driving DUI.

2)  The issue is the speed, not necessarily the DUI.  As a matter of fact, ON MONDAY, I saw a head-on collision RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, literally just down the street from me.  It likely would have been with me, if there wasn't a Honda CR-V in front of me.  A young person in an OLD Toyota Corolla came FLYING around a corner - and carried so much speed, they couldn't navigate the corner, and ended up over half the car being on "my" side of the road.  It is a residential area, zoned for 30MPH.  It has at least two "tight" corners to it, and I do see people flying around that corner more often than you think..

4 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Ruggs had a woman in the car with him.  At something like 3:14AM..  He likely picked her up at a night club, and was showing off for her, on the way back to his place.  About some of the other comments:

It’s the woman he’s been with since high school and have a child together.

1 minute ago, Redsox2020 said:

He was going 156 mph........ killing a woman and her dog.  

Insane. Not sure how he made it.

Oh my soul 156mph.  

2 minutes ago, Redsox2020 said:

He was going 156 mph........ killing a woman and her dog.  

Over 90 mph anywhere should be jailable. 150+ is guaranteed death for somebody. I'm glad he survived to endure sever punishment and deter future speeding/drunk killers.

156 mph ?  :blink:  Obviously wasn't driving my old Buick.

He always wanted to be known for his speed; now he will forever be remembered for it.

Speed kills.

25 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Insane. Not sure how he made it.

His blood alcohol level was .161, he probably didn't feel much

Supposedly he wasn't going 156 at impact, but 127 when the airbags deployed, which is still pretty dang fast

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

Supposedly he wasn't going 156 at impact, but 127 when the airbags deployed, which is still pretty dang fast

Wait, did the airbags deploy before the accident?

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not to my knowledge, but they're supposed to be instant impact, I'm not gonna begin to act like I can figure all that out and get an accurate number

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I would say that there is a lag between impact & deployment of the airbags. 

Just now, polecatt said:

Not to my knowledge, but they're supposed to be instant impact, I'm not gonna begin to act like I can figure all that out and get an accurate number

Yeah, I gotchya.  When I read that, I was thinking that the airbags deployed at 127, then the accident at 156... not the accident happened at 156 then the airbags deployed at 127.  

2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

I would say that there is a lag between impact & deployment of the airbags. 

Yup.  Thanks.  I read that they other way around.  :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Over 90 mph anywhere should be jailable. 150+ is guaranteed death for somebody. I'm glad he survived to endure sever punishment and deter future speeding/drunk killers.

156 mph ?  :blink:  Obviously wasn't driving my old Buick.

Cool. I own a 1963 Buick Electra.  What year do you own?