Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

C Edwards Helaire

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Does him what, Sir?

Is he worth a roster spot? Does he take back over duties assuming he's healthy? He's do back next week 

13 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Is he worth a roster spot? Does he take back over duties assuming he's healthy? He's do back next week 

I’m holding. I haven’t seen one word about his status since the injury. I think he is eligible to come off IR this week. Anyone have actionable information?

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I’m holding. I haven’t seen one word about his status since the injury. I think he is eligible to come off IR this week. Anyone have actionable information?

I know he's eligible to come off IR this week. ESPN has him projected as scoring 8 pts in my league this week.

That's not a surefire sign he's playing though, they haven't taken him off IR yet

I would not drop him, and I would pick him up.  

If Gore keeps playing as well as he has (last week and in preseason), I think you see a CEH 1A, Gore 1B, McKinnon getting a couple catches out of the backfield and Williams relegated to more of the backup and special teams role.  From what I've seen, Gore looks more like someone who could get the ball across the goalline when you need a yard.

Still scratching my head im thinking he meant to drop Henry instead in any event thank you for the insight 🙏 

I wouldn’t think so , I think CEH is giving the rb1 job.  After him who cares.  

I met one of the internet docs/PTs in Canton over the summer. Very sharp guy that loves his job.

At any rate, he was of the belief shortly after the injury happened that CEH could/should miss 4-6 weeks and was fortunate that it wasn't a season-ender. He didn't expect him back until (or right before) the Chiefs' bye in Week 12.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

The #1 RB in the Chiefs offense has the potential upside to be a home run.

even injured the upside of a guy like that makes it worth holding even while injured.   if you find him on the wire, you pick him up and find a way to make room for him on your roster.

Even if he sits on your bench a few weeks, its a worthwhile risk to take.  I dont think any other scrub you find on the wire can give the upside he can when healthy.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire "looked great" at Wednesday's practice. Edwards-Helaire remains on injured reserve for the time being, but EB's assessment is definitely a positive sign.

I was hoping they'd wait til after the week 12 bye and Williams keep starting. I guess they still might, but "looked great" sounds like he's projecting for earlier. Whenever they do bring him back, it's gonna be bad potatoes for Edwards (limited snaps) and Williams (as backup). Chiefs offense hasn't done much lately either.

Thanks for the Twitter vid. I wouldn't call it limping, but it looks like he's still favoring his right leg when he walks back to the huddle.

I wouldn't expect him to play this week.

48 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Thanks for the Twitter vid. I wouldn't call it limping, but it looks like he's still favoring his right leg when he walks back to the huddle.

How is that different from a swagger? Lol

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Probably just constipated.

So what's the holdup reinstating him from I.R. ?

Do they have to cut sombody?  

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

So what's the holdup reinstating him from I.R. ?

Do they have to cut sombody?  

I don't know, but I think that's right of having to cut someone. Apparently there's a "3 week rule" of practicing and then being taken off IR. Which made me wonder if this coincides with the week 12 bye in exactly 3 weeks.  Maybe they plan on having Helaire back in week 13 and this allows him to start practicing earlier. But from the sound of it, he's ready to go now. 

Who knows :dunno:

KC has till 4pm ET time Saturday to activate him if he is to play this week

a stretch to think Clyde Edwards-Helaire could play

Guess that means he's likely out. Wish they'd made it official before 4:00 games. Nope... gotta wait til 8:19 pm. <_<

The Chiefs didn't activate Edwards-Helaire (knee) from injured reserve prior to Saturday's 4 p.m ET deadline for Week 10 roster moves, meaning he won't play Sunday against the Raiders.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chiefs-clyde-edwards-helaire-still-on-ir-492467/

Didn't know players had to be activated from injured reserve prior to a Saturday 4 pm deadline.?.

Oh well, at least now we know. Edwards is out. Williams is in.

3 minutes ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

Williams was a workhorse this week!!  💪

Next week he'll get a well deserved rest bring on Helaire 💪 

1 hour ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

Williams was a workhorse this week!!  💪

Great game.  

DarWill has proven to be the superior back...right now. But I'm sure the Chiefs will muck this up.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire had a good chance of playing on Sunday against the Cowboys.

• Edwards has a sprained mcl
  • Week 12 is Chiefs bye week
  • Williams is looking strong

Surprising they want to start him this week. 

As a D Williams owner I think that extra week would be what CEH needs.  

CEH’s value is positively correlated on how Mahomes and the offense are moving the ball.  If they’re back and look like the old chiefs (vegas game)  , it doesn’t matter if it’s a 60/40 split.   He’ll get his points. 

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

As a D Williams owner I think that extra week would be what CEH needs.  

Also a happy D Will owner, and Im in agreement it’s better to rest CEH 😎. That said, it will be interesting going forward.  D Will has been surprisingly excellent as a pass catcher.  Except for week 9, he’s posted great PPR #’s.  IMO, he’s more durable then CEH, and has just as good receiving skills.   Obviously nervous it could be a 50/50 committee limiting both’s upside and tough to decide who to start.  

CEH averages 4.7 ypc. Dwill 3.6 ypc.  If ceh is healthy I'm afraid williams' owners will find out quickly that it won't even be a 50-50 split. 

25 minutes ago, jrokh said:

CEH averages 4.7 ypc. Dwill 3.6 ypc.  If ceh is healthy I'm afraid williams' owners will find out quickly that it won't even be a 50-50 split. 

You don't think the complete lack of passing game work and the fumbles will play no part in who plays?

1 minute ago, Law said:

You don't think the complete lack of passing game work and the fumbles will play no part in who plays?

I think the first game back they will likely sprinkle in CEH, if he responds well perhaps a split workload. After that I think It will go back to the way it was before the Injury. week 1-4 (pre-injury) CEH 55 touches/Dwill  25 touches. Now I doubt it will be a 30 touch disparity, and I understand the Williams' owners delusions of grandeur, but that party is coming to an end barring a re-injury for CEH. Sorry, hope you at least enjoyed the ride...