Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

C Edwards Helaire

8 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

apparently most of Pacheco's carries came later in the game when victory was already in hand.

Yes, absolutely.  CEH is the main man, they're just grooming Pacheco.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Helaire Week 1) 7 carries for 42 yds, 3 rec for 32 yds, 2 Tds... looks fine until ya see Pacheco had 12 carries for 62 yds and a TD.

Kind of feel like I got lucky with Hellaire this week. If not for the Td's, he'd have been a bust. KC either wants to limit Helaire to keep him healthy all year and/or want to test out their new rookie... despite being a worthless 7th rounder. 

Might pivot to Miles Sanders next week who's the clear lead back with a better o-line.

they pulled their starters.  Mahomes, Kelce, CEH, etc made way for other players toward the end of the game.

48 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Point taken and perhaps "bust" is a bit strong. Still Td's are fluky. Even if he didn't rack up big yardage or Tds, he'd feel safer to start if he'd seen more carries and targets.

I admit I didn't watch the game, but from what I've read... apparently most of Pacheco's carries came later in the game when victory was already in hand.  So, maybe that explains some of it.

I just did the work for you:

Touches for RBs

Drive 1 - CEH 4, McKinnon 1 (7-0)

Drive 2 -  CEH 4 (13-0)

Drive 3 -  CEH 2, Pacheco 2 (20-7)

Drive 4 - McKinnon 3 (20-7)

Drive 5 - 0 (20-7)

Drive 6 - 0 (23-7)

Halftime

Drive 7 - 0 (30-7)

Drive 8 - CEH 1, McKinnon 1 (37-7)

Drive 9 - Pacheco 5 (44-15)

Drive 10 - Pacheco 3, McKinnon 1 (44-21)

On 9/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, cmh6476 said:

I just did the work for you:

Touches for RBs

Drive 1 - CEH 4, McKinnon 1 (7-0)

Drive 2 -  CEH 4 (13-0)

Drive 3 -  CEH 2, Pacheco 2 (20-7)

Drive 4 - McKinnon 3 (20-7)

Drive 5 - 0 (20-7)

Drive 6 - 0 (23-7)

Halftime

Drive 7 - 0 (30-7)

Drive 8 - CEH 1, McKinnon 1 (37-7)

Drive 9 - Pacheco 5 (44-15)

Drive 10 - Pacheco 3, McKinnon 1 (44-21)

Is Steve Schwartz paying attention with his truth and lies report?

5) Chiefs’ head coach Andy Reid has figured out how to use Clyde Edwards-Helaire (22.4 fantasy points).

Sorry, no. CEH scored twice on short passes from Patrick Mahomes, but the shovel pass score is a play the team usually designs for Travis Kelce. On the second score, no defender followed him into the flat and Mahomes saw him for an easy score. CEH was out-touched by Isiah Pacheco (12-7) and outrushed by Pacheco (62-42). My recommendation is “sell high” on Edwards-Helaire.

23 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Is Steve Schwartz paying attention with his truth and lies report?

I don't know, but the part about CEH being out-touched by Pacheco 12-7 is clearly part of the "lies."

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know, but the part about CEH being out-touched by Pacheco 12-7 is clearly part of the "lies."

My outline may not be perfect, as I was going through drive by drive.   But it still gives a better sense of the usage based on the game situation. 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, AxeElf said:

Yes, absolutely.  CEH is the main man, they're just grooming Pacheco.

yeah, but the garbage time carries is usually what makes a RB valuable.   if CEH isnt getting those, that makes me not wanna own him.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if CEH isnt getting those, that makes me not wanna own him.

What about the part where he scores 2 TDs before garbage time?

20 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

My outline may not be perfect, as I was going through drive by drive.   But it still gives a better sense of the usage based on the game situation. 

I wasn't criticizing you, I was criticizing the Steve Schwartz quote, which was patently false.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

I wasn't criticizing you, I was criticizing the Steve Schwartz quote, which was patently false.

Oh i know, I just noticed a discrepancy and went back and looked at the box score.   There were 70 total offensive snaps, and mahomes and other staters only played 65.  The carries on that last drive were all Pacheco, and the drive before were also mostly Pacheco when the game was a blowout. 

It may not be a bellcow situation for CEH, but the expected timeshare is with McKinnon, not pacheatcode.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

It may not be a bellcow situation for CEH

No, he's definitely not a bellcow, but he will be heavily involved in the new scatterpass offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

What about the part where he scores 2 TDs before garbage time?

is that typical of what we should expect of him for the season?

if you think it is, you should own an awful lot of him.   but I dont think it is typical or normal.

sure it can happen, but based on historical stats for the guy, I'd suggest this is a one off.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

you should own an awful lot of him.

He's my RB1 in the only full-PPR league I have--you know, the one that scored the most points in the league in Week 1.

I went with Henry and Taylor for my more run-centric leagues.

For once I made the right decision - went against the rankings and started Singletary over Helaire.

I got it right, but wish Helaire had done a little better.  He's becoming a TD dependent dart throw. KC doesn't run and Helaire isn't a focal point.  PPR weekly scoring:

1) 22.4  (2 Tds)

2) 15.8

3) 14.9 (1 Td)

4) 22.4 (2 Tds)

5) 6.5

6) 3.3

:unsure:

If the bad news is that he's TD dependent, the good news is that he plays for the Chiefs, and they score a lot of TDs.  Just being an option in their frequent red zone trips makes him an asset, especially in PPR leagues.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If the bad news is that he's TD dependent, the good news is that he plays for the Chiefs, and they score a lot of TDs.  Just being an option in their frequent red zone trips makes him an asset, especially in PPR leagues.

And they are using him in rushing situations at the goal line, unlike Kamara or some others :bench: