Sign in to follow this  
The Shepherd

Da Bears' RBs

Anybody spot Montgomery doing anything indicating when he's coming back? I thought I heard on a podcast Khalil Herbert got dinged up in the SF game - couldn't find anything about that either. I did read Damien Williams has a knee problem. Bears fans: got any updates on these topics? Thanks.

You’re right , since Montgomery was injured I haven’t seen anything about his return.  I don’t see anything about Herbert having a injury issue, I’m sure he’s beat up some.   

Crickets.  

Frustrating owner, he looked so damn good to start the year, now I'm streaming and playing time share as I'm losing.

I could really use him to help me go on a run, but there's no chatter about what's happening, I think he's off IR and able to return....I also have Carson

On the team that I own Montgomery, I have Mccaffery. 

Life as a ff owner.  

• Like 1

Damian williams is out with a knee. Herbert is fine. Herbert got hit in the head and left game briefly but came back and finished. He will play week 9. The beat writers/media expect Montgomery back in week 11 after the bye. The team has said nothing. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bfros said:

The beat writers/media expect Montgomery back in week 11 after the bye. The team has said nothing. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

The Chicago Tribune's Dan Wiederer reports "the hope" is for David Montgomery (knee, injured reserved) to get "at least some work on Monday night."

The Bears opened Montgomery's 21-day practice window on Thursday, and it would seem they want to get his feet wet before their Week 10 bye. The third-year pro still has a number of hurdles to clear between now and Monday evening's game against the Steelers, but D-Mont's Week 9 return should at least now be considered a real possibility. Even if Montgomery is snap counted, his presence would be enough to knock Khalil Herbert from the RB2 ranks. 

... See More
RELATED: 
Nov 4, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

16 hours ago, The Shepherd said:

I'd actually prefer them letting Monty sit this tough matchup out.

That would make the most sense. The Bears aren't in playoff contention, & they have a bye week 10.