Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Christian McCaffrey Watch - Week 9

Didn't we see this same thing a few weeks ago?

He's set to come back, looks great!

Then BAM! He's hurt again, out another few weeks...

We'll see how round 2 goes...

He didn't travel with the team last week.

That seemed kind of strange, since it was only a couple hundred miles away in Atlanta.

I suppose it could've been for personal reasons ?

when healthy I love what the guy brings. 

but I'm starting to be concerned with the amount of time hes not healthy.

I am not in any way suggesting you should drop him.  Its just an observation.  its getting to a point where if someone offered a kings ransom for him and I was the owner, I'd seriously think about taking the deal.

yeah....the fact that im in the position im at right now in my high stakes is pretty amazing considering what ive gotten out of this guy.....i did draft chuba to cuff him ....if i could pull of a double win this week and get this guy back healthy id be ready to make a run....

10 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I am not in any way suggesting you should drop him.  Its just an observation.  its getting to a point where if someone offered a kings ransom for him and I was the owner, I'd seriously think about taking the deal.

I think it's no better than a 50/50 chance he's ever healthy again for most of a season.

He missed most of last season. He's already missed a good chunk of this season, with potentially much more.

RBs don't tend to bounce back from that sort of thing very often

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Looking like another week of Chuba Hubbard

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Looking like another week of Chuba Hubbard

Not really. Looks more like CMC will play but split carries with Chuba. I wouldn’t want to start Hubbard with half his workload.

9 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not really. Looks more like CMC will play but split carries with Chuba. I wouldn’t want to start Hubbard with half his workload.

Maybe, but I think there's still a good chance he's out, and even if he plays, I think there's a 50/50 chance he tweaks it before half time and is out once again

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Maybe, but I think there's still a good chance he's out, and even if he plays, I think there's a 50/50 chance he tweaks it before half time and is out once again

Could be, but it sounds like the coach thinks he is likely to play unless he’s playing games. Just as likely cmc looks good as getting reinjured. Anything is possible.

31 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Could be, but it sounds like the coach thinks he is likely to play unless he’s playing games. Just as likely cmc looks good as getting reinjured. Anything is possible.

If he can stay on the field I'm sure he'll be good, just have to wait and see how it goes

And for yet another week, Derrick Henry remains the better player to have.

(At least you know not to start him.)

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And for yet another week, Derrick Henry remains the better player to have.

(At least you know not to start him.)

Just let it go…..

He's activated, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's playing.

It certainly doesn't mean he's gonna get a full workload.

If you own him, you pretty much have to play him unless he's a game time scratch, but it's just impossible to tell what he's gonna be like.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think there's still a significant chance he plays some and aggravates it once again, or has another injury compensating.

It means he is going to play unless there is a pre-game setback. Obviously a player in his first game back from injury is at a higher risk of re-aggravation. It doesn’t need to be said, it is self-evident… 

31 minutes ago, polecatt said:

significant chance he plays some and aggravates it once again, or has another injury compensating.

Christian only gets injured while menstruating and the cycle is due Week 11... vs Redskins. He'll be cranky and bloated this weekend.

• Haha 1

Don’t know if am going to start him.  

Start him if you have him.

Every time I play him he goes for like 30+ and I play him in 3 leagues this weekend.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t know if am going to start him.  

Who do you have with more upside?

You have to start him if he's playing

Since he was my number one pick 3rd over all 14 team non ppr I have no one with more upside when he’s healthy. 

Looks like their going to test him out before the game to determine if he’s even going to play, and if he does I can’t see anything more than a RBBC for tomorrow’s game, and I leave my house at 8am and won’t have any ideal of his playing stats, so that’s another issue. 

So I want to start him of course, but I’m not even sure he’s playing nor how much.  Right now I have him in , but still debating it.  

Is there anyway you could access the Internet after 11 AM CDT tomorrow ?

Seems like 99.99% of the time when a player is going to be inactive, they announce it an hour before kick off.

I reworded my post. After looking at it, I realized it might've sounded condescending.

That was NOT my intent weepaws.

Lol it’s all good, yea I do have a cell phone with internet lol, what me and my family do Sunday is just to important to me and my family. 

So no internet  until we are done , and that’s usually around 4-5 pm.  

But I was just letting polecatt know that’s another reason why I might not start him.  

But I think I’m going to roll with him and keep in my starting line, heck let’s see what happen. 

Good luck everyone, God Bless  

1 hr 31 minutes til kickoff... all I keep reading is "McCaffrey's availability will be clarified prior to game."

WELL?  CLARIFY!

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

1 hr 31 minutes til kickoff... all I keep reading is "McCaffrey's availability will be clarified prior to game."

WELL?  CLARIFY!

On 11/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, polecatt said:

He's activated, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's playing.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, polecatt said:

Like I mentioned earlier, I think there's still a significant chance he plays some and aggravates it once again, or has another injury compensating

0-2...

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

0-2...

You clearly missed where I told Wee Paws he should start him