snatchit

Anyone else pickup Adrian Peterson ?

Yep. In my standard league playoff bound team I dropped a lot of faab on him. I’ve been ahead of the game rostering Hubbard and Williams (kc) before the starters went down with injury now with those starters coming back soon hopefully he can be a viable depth piece or flex.

Gordon isn't gonna be phased out unless something changes drastically, like he starts putting the ball on the ground a lot.

The Broncos want a RBBC, and they have one. A pretty good one at that.

I'm in a similar situation though, Gordon my RB3, and my two in front of him aren't exactly set in stone.

I was considering picking up AP too if I have room, have to wait to see how a couple of IR spots pan out though

Peterson just based on his running style really is a good fit for the Titans. I think he’s a must add 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Peterson just based on his running style really is a good fit for the Titans. I think he’s a must add 

I agree.  running style very similar to Henry.

I'd argue his vision is a bit better but due to age, the skill level isnt where Henry's is.

I think he will be productive here if he starts.

I have spent FAAB dollars on him in both of my leagues on this assumption.

In my PPR league I picked up McNichols instead...I'm not convinced a 36 yr old RB is gonna be able to contribute meanifully the rest of the season...and if Ten gets into some negative gamescripts because no one is afraid of the run game, then McNichols should be the beneficiary in that dept.

I think in a ppr McNichols is a good move.   But Peterson might have a little more value based on the teams offensive system, but not in a ppr league.  

7 minutes ago, JOHN 316 said:

In my PPR league I picked up McNichols instead...I'm not convinced a 36 yr old RB is gonna be able to contribute meanifully the rest of the season...and if Ten gets into some negative gamescripts because no one is afraid of the run game, then McNichols should be the beneficiary in that dept.

Agree. I picked up McNichols over AP as well. McNichols knows the playbook better and not sure how much gas is left in AP's tank. McNichols is the better RB right now. 

He does have a few weeks of a head start over Peterson.  Plus AJ Brown and JJ can’t stay healthy for long lol. 

• Like 1

I’m not buying AP this time 

who doesn’t love him, but he was cut by Redskins and Lions  He’d be on a team if he could move like today’s RBs

Yes He can run straight through a hole, but he has no speed, basically Emmitt Smith 2.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

who doesn’t love him, but he was cut by Redskins and Lions  He’d be on a team if he could move like today’s RBs

Yes He can run straight through a hole, but he has no speed, basically Emmitt Smith 2.0

Above I posted that I think he’s worthy of a pickup.  But I can agree with your thought about this situation also.  

My point comes from my league, 14 team non ppr, I think he’ll get the goal line work and at least half the rush att. 

In that league we use FAAB, and so far none of the other 13 owners have made a move for him. 

If I do pick him up , I would need to drop M Davis or J Williams, so I’m not so sure what to do yet,  but I think of you have some dead wood on the beach I would pick him up. 

My two stud Rbs on that team, Mccaffery was my first pick #3 over all and Montgomery, so I’m still doing ok , but lots of batch work and a lot of luck.  

Being the defending champ their as been no mercy.  Lol.  

Nothing to loose with that move, congrats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Above I posted that I think he’s worthy of a pickup.  But I can agree with your thought about this situation also.  

My point comes from my league, 14 team non ppr, I think he’ll get the goal line work and at least half the rush att. 

In that league we use FAAB, and so far none of the other 13 owners have made a move for him. 

If I do pick him up , I would need to drop M Davis or J Williams, so I’m not so sure what to do yet,  but I think of you have some dead wood on the beach I would pick him up. 

My two stud Rbs on that team, Mccaffery was my first pick #3 over all and Montgomery, so I’m still doing ok , but lots of batch work and a lot of luck.  

Being the defending champ their as been no mercy.  Lol.  

Good luck to you weepaws, don't listen to the idiots on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Watched AP's 2020 Lions highlight video & McNichols Boise State highlights from 2020 along with every play he was involved in with the Titans this year.

Looks like McNichols is very capable on screens & check downs, but way too small of a sample size to see how he'd do straight up rushing. (Titans 2021)

As for AP, it's obvious he's not the same man he was in 2007, but still has an initial burst. Also a size advantage over JM. 6' 1"/220 lbs Vs 5' 9"/205 lbs

For what it's worth, my conclusion is that if AP hasn't lost another 1/2 a step since last year, he'll be the early down back, with JM coming in on passing downs.

Because of the size advantage, I'll assume he'd be the goal line back as well. 

Full disclosure: I expect to acquire AP off the waiver wire at around 2 AM Friday (I might be a little biased)

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

Less name calling and pay attention

He just said I don’t know his situation and I didn’t

In his situation I’d grab him

i like my bench RBs better, so I pass 

I picked him up, bc why not?  Yes, he's old and may run out of gas, but he's only going to be playing half a season.  I'm not expecting consistent RB2 numbers, but his schedule isn't bad and I'd be happy with 12+ touches per game and wouldn't be surprised to see 6-8 TDs this year.  I mainly picked him up bc he's got a nice matchup vs HOU on Henderson's BYE week 11.  

Non ppr and I’m thinking the same thing, 12 or so touches and close to a td a game , could make him worthy of a flex play.  

19 hours ago, plasma george said:

Emmitt Smith had 1,000 total yards and 9TDs with the '04 cardinals

How I see it in my standard league…

Upside - middle rb 2

downside - depth piece that at least gets some work

most likely- weekly flex consideration.

55 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

How I see it in my standard league…

Upside - middle rb 2

downside - depth piece that at least gets some work

most likely- weekly flex consideration.

This

Expect ADP to chase Sanders yards total and claim the 3rd spot in rushing tds. He wouldn't come back to sit on the bench.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, weepaws said:

Non ppr and I’m thinking the same thing, 12 or so touches and close to a td a game , could make him worthy of a flex play.  

I’ve decided to play both AP and McNichols Sunday ! Let’s roll the dice my opponent had taylor TNF so down 25 already 🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

I’ve decided to play both AP and McNichols Sunday ! Let’s roll the dice my opponent had taylor TNF so down 25 already 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jesus you must have 0 RBs if you’re best option is to start both of them 

I’d do McNichols and give AP another week  

21 hours ago, gpann101 said:

Expect ADP to chase Sanders yards total and claim the 3rd spot in rushing tds. He wouldn't come back to sit on the bench.

I think he's chasing a paycheck more than stats.

From what I can tell, he's not exactly good with money and likely has some pretty big child support payments

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, plasma george said:

Jesus you must have 0 RBs if you’re best option is to start both of them 

I’d do McNichols and give AP another week  

Yea you got that right  Have for RBs

N Harris - starting 

Ap - starting 

McNichols- starting 

Alex Collins -

Chubba -

mattison -

• Like 1

Ppr league I would go with McNichols but I think Chubba or if Collins is playing I would go with one of them over Peterson. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ppr league I would go with McNichols but I think Chubb or if Collins is playing I would go with one of them over Peterson. 

Chubba might be the call as not really sure what CM is bringing to the table heck he might just spectator or on a count ,  

People say le'veon is washed which i disagree as much as I like Peterson he's a washed up banana peel in the dirt 

2 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

People say le'veon is washed which i disagree as much as I like Peterson he's a washed up banana peel in the dirt 

says the guy that missed him off waivers

Haven’t seen anything from L Bell.  

Peterson will be at least a flex play at times.  

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

says the guy that missed him off waivers

Not missed more like left

3 hours ago, SF Forty Niners said:

Chubba might be the call as not really sure what CM is bringing to the table heck he might just spectator or on a count ,  

They just raised chubba projections from .80 to 5.83 in yahoo

24 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

ESPN hasn't changed, they still have him at 2.29 pts

45 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

Thanks for that info, as a confused Mccaffery owner I find that info interesting. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 4:53 PM, JOHN 316 said:

Problem is Peterson is well documented to be a diva. You might be right about game script featuring mcnichols if they fall behind but I expect most of the early work to go to Peterson. I'm not putting too much stock in game 1 tough matchup vs Rams and learning offense. However, there's a couple juicy matchups on tap vs Texans and Jaguars where game script could lean heavily on Peterson.