Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

Stat Correction for the win

Anyone ever won because of a stat correction? I had lost by less than a point this last week. I just saw a notification that my defense (Bills) were awarded a blocked kick. Which gave me 2 points. I'd heard of folks winning that way but in the 20 years I've been playing FF I've never actually personally seen it happen. 

Till now the craziest win (or lost depending whose team you were looking at) was once when Donovan McNabb took 3 kneel downs at the end of a game that lost a game for a guy in my league.

I won a playoff game a few years ago like this.

I lost by two points, and my defense played on Monday night.

On ESPN at the time, they often would have a stat correction on defenses that would bump them up anywhere from 1-5 pts, and it wouldn't show up until Wednesday.

So sure enough, I checked it out on Wednesday, and they had added 4 pts to my score. So a 2 pt loss turned into a 2 pt win.

The guy I was playing was furious, he quit the league

• Haha 1

Yup, happened in a Yahoo! league I didn't really care about maybe 5 years ago. Lost in the semifinals by a point or so, checked back on Thursday or Friday for whatever reason and saw a stat correction had handed me the win. Don't even remember if i won the final or not.

Of course this year I lost in Week 3 by 0.06 points - 1 yard rushing or receiving or 2 yards passing would have given me the win - but no corrections that time. 🦀

54 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I won a playoff game a few years ago like this.

I lost by two points, and my defense played on Monday night.

On ESPN at the time, they often would have a stat correction on defenses that would bump them up anywhere from 1-5 pts, and it wouldn't show up until Wednesday.

So sure enough, I checked it out on Wednesday, and they had added 4 pts to my score. So a 2 pt loss turned into a 2 pt win.

The guy I was playing was furious, he quit the league

So a guy playing a game based on stats was furious over accurate stats? I wish the worst for him. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So a guy playing a game based on stats was furious over accurate stats? I wish the worst for him. 

I'll be honest, I would have been kind of pissed too, but I wouldn't have blamed everyone else and quit the league over it.

I lost on a stat correction only once but my craziest win was several years ago I was down by 3-4 points going into Monday night football and I had nobody left to play. Well... my opponent had Rex Grossman as his QB. The dude turned the ball over like 7 times that game and ended up with -5 or so points. Just enough for me to take the win.... which.. even more oddly allowed me to make the playoffs as the last seed. I won that year as well. Without a doubt the craziest thing I've seen in 15+ years of our league.

I might need some help with this one. I think it was the Cardinals one of the years Kurt Warner played for them.

A late game, short TD pass from Warner to ? was changed to a lateral which allowed me to win. 

I'm almost certain it was during the fantasy playoffs, which really made it a bitter pill for my opponent.

3 hours ago, posty said:

Cool story, bro...

Also, no one really cares...

Go away.  

6 hours ago, cdogge said:

I lost on a stat correction only once but my craziest win was several years ago I was down by 3-4 points going into Monday night football and I had nobody left to play. Well... my opponent had Rex Grossman as his QB. The dude turned the ball over like 7 times that game and ended up with -5 or so points. Just enough for me to take the win.... which.. even more oddly allowed me to make the playoffs as the last seed. I won that year as well. Without a doubt the craziest thing I've seen in 15+ years of our league.

When you win one like that, you know it's destiny to win it all.

I went on to win the championship too

7 hours ago, posty said:

Cool story, bro...

Your reply explains why doctors sometimes slap the mother when a child is born.

13 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Your reply explains why doctors sometimes slap the mother when a child is born.

:D

I lost once on a stat correction.  serious bummer.

I dont recommend it.

I'm vulnerable to a stat correction this week in a league in which I lost both Henry and Carson, so I blew the rest of my FAAB on Peterson to start alongside Damien Harris, and thanx to Peterson's late TD and every bit of effort I could squeeze out of Aiyuk and the Patriots D, I remain in the final playoff berth at 5-4 (after taking a couple of gut punches the last couple of weeks--but still having the third-most points scored), thanks to what currently stands as a 144.04 - 143.56 Week 9 win.

Half a point would be kind of a large stat correction, but it could happen.

(And this is a 12 team league with $2000 to first place, so if it WERE to happen, it would be bad--I would drop all the way to 8th.)

On 11/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, posty said:

Cool story, bro...

And yet you are here to comment.    :wave:

14 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

And yet you are here to comment.    :wave:

What else is there to do?

That Bills blocked kick changed my squeaker win into a loss last week too.  Annoying, but to quit the league over it?  Someone needs to take himself a little less seriously. 

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm vulnerable to a stat correction this week in a league in which I lost both Henry and Carson, so I blew the rest of my FAAB on Peterson to start alongside Damien Harris, and thanx to Peterson's late TD and every bit of effort I could squeeze out of Aiyuk and the Patriots D, I remain in the final playoff berth at 5-4 (after taking a couple of gut punches the last couple of weeks--but still having the third-most points scored), thanks to what currently stands as a 144.04 - 143.56 Week 9 win.

Half a point would be kind of a large stat correction, but it could happen.

(And this is a 12 team league with $2000 to first place, so if it WERE to happen, it would be bad--I would drop all the way to 8th.)

the stat corrections that hurt are the ones to the defense.   an added sack  can make or break someone.

most of your stat corrections are like 1 yard here or 1 yard there for 0.1 of a point.   or a lateral that is later determined to be a pass or vice versa.  

if your win is by less than a point, the stat correction is your greatest fear.