Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

So called fantasy and NFL experts hosed me...TWICE!!! Hill and Tua...Help!

I'm a Brady owner and tried to fill with Taysom Hill earlier in the week after hearing from the top fantasy experts that he was #1 in New Orleans, top 10 play etc. I make the move and then Sean Payton announces he's not starting. Last night, after midnight, waiting to see if any news came out on Tua, which none did..."He was fine, has a hurt finger but he'll go and have a monster day because of the matchup". So I made the move, dumped Hill and got Tua. I wake up this morning and Tua is inactive.

That said...I faced Taylor on Thursday so I'm down 32-0. My league puts a cap on add/drops and trades at 10 total which I have now reached. Extra ones, up to four total, now cost $10 each. Is it worth picking up Tannehill, Love, Jones or T. Taylor for this week, spend the money when I'm so far in the scoring hole to start or take a zero? Thanks.

Just goes to show that fantasy experts and even Schefter and Rappaport know very little. This scenario is incredible. Can't believe it happened.

Are you convinced you are out of it? If so, do season points total come into play for playoffs? Have to look at longball here. 

Not really. Just think its a tall hill to climb. But how well will Tannehill do? Can he score 20 tonight in LA?

3 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

Not really. Just think its a tall hill to climb. But how well will Tannehill do? Can he score 20 tonight in LA?

Yep. He has scored over 20pts 5 out of 8 games in my yahoo league. He will be throwing more without Henry. 

Those rules limiting the amount of trades/WW moves are a little over the top in my opinion.

I'd go with Tannehill, & if possible, consider playing in a different league next year.

Good luck

On 11/7/2021 at 10:33 AM, easilyscan said:

Those rules limiting the amount of trades/WW moves are a little over the top in my opinion.

I'd go with Tannehill, & if possible, consider playing in a different league next year.

Good luck

It's my big money, best friends league. This is our 21st year. Limit used to be a hard 10. Now we get 10 free, plus 4 for $10 each if needed. Also free swap of K and D/ST but if you want your original player back it costs you a move. Puts major emphasis on the draft, which I like. Also eliminates streaming for the most part which I feel is cheating. Going with the hot hand so to speak. Almost like the DH in the AL and pitchers hitting in the NL. Totally different way to run a team.