Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Midseason Awards

Week 9 is in the books, which means the NFL season is at the 50% point.

The fantasy season is well underway, with the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.

Who have been the MVP players? Overall and on your team?

Who are the biggest sleepers and biggest busts?

What is to change and stay the same the rest of the season?

I'll say for me, fantasy MVP of my team and overall, Cooper Kupp.  I think He'll continue to be excellent. Him and Stafford are just on another level right now. I don't see that stopping or slowing down much. Injury is only thing that's gonna derail that hook up this season.

My biggest sleeper, has to be Cordarelle Patterson. Back in August, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind that he would be a top 5 PPR RB at this point. I wasn't even completely sure who he played for. With my dynasty team struggling at RB, I picked him up in week 3 and he's been my only consistent starter at RB. It's taken time, I keep thinking he's bound to go back to irrelevance any week now, but I think he has a specific role in their offense, and important role. He may slow down a little, but I think he has an excellent chance at finishing as a solid RB1 and no worse than a good RB2.

Biggest bust, for me, Antonio Gibson. I hoped he would be what Cordarelle Patterson was, but he's not lived up to the hype. The team is bad, he's been playing injured and sharing more touches than you'd want. Not recipe for fantasy success. I think he still has a couple of good games in him this season, but he's no more than spot starter at this point.

Mixon & deebo for me ,and believe it or not my kicker has been kicking (B-ass) Tyler 

M Davis= Bust 

Since Henry is now out, my mvp vote goes to J Taylor I don’t own him, but I was wrong about him.  

On my team C Kupp Mvp   And on another I would agree with above J Mixon, this past offseason I remember posting that I liked him more this season than any other of his nfl seasons. 

Biggest bust not on my team is Diggs, biggest darn bust I drafted M Davis, ugly   

Biggest sleeper that I don’t own J Chase, player I do own J Conner game changer. 

Change Mccaffery stays healthy the rest of the season. Stays the same Ridley doesn’t return this season. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Biggest sleeper that I don’t own J Chase, player I do own J Conner game changer

What's your thoughts on eno Benjamin now that Edmonds is out 

Kupp has to be the most commonly owned guy on first place teams.

I think my question for the board for people that have him...did you actually target him or did you just kinda luck into him based on where he was drafted?

Both, I targeted him over R Woods, so I had him listed higher than R Woods.  

So I might have over paid a very little for him, but I lucky to get him now of course.  

Great question.  

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

I truly don’t know what to think of him, don’t know how much Zona is going to use him, in a ppr he would have some value. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Kupp has to be the most commonly owned guy on first place teams.

I think my question for the board for people that have him...did you actually target him or did you just kinda luck into him based on where he was drafted?

I specifically targeted him because I traded for him in the offseason, dynasty league.

I traded Alvin Kamara for Kupp and Antonio Gibson. I actually proposed a trade, forget exactly what it was, but I know the main player I wanted was Gibson. I wanted to trade Kamara for a younger RB, and I offered another player, can't remember who, and asked for some WR depth in return. I asked for Kupp and somebody else along with Gibson.

Any way, he responded with Kupp and Gibson for Kamara. I thought about it a bit and accepted. I knew Kupp had potential with Stafford, and that when healthy he was a very underrated WR. I can't say I'm too surprised that he's having a big season. I didn't however expect it to be quite as big as it's been.

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

I don't know if he's gonna have a whole lot of value.

I think Conner will get most of the work, but he'll get a little bit.

I think he's mostly just there for a back up.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Both, I targeted him over R Woods, so I had him listed higher than R Woods.  

So I might have over paid a very little for him, but I lucky to get him now of course.  

Great question.  

I'll be the first to admit I got lucky in the league I have him haha

53 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know if he's gonna have a whole lot of value.

I think Conner will get most of the work, but he'll get a little bit.

I think he's mostly just there for a back up.

Yeah I grabbed him for a lottery back up 

Unbelievable, now the Rams pick up Beckham, that just misses up Kupp going forward.   Darn it.   

Love mid-season awards!

Who have been the MVP players? Overall and on your team? 

Derrick Henry easily wins 1st Half MVP. Jonathen Taylor is now leading candidate for 2021 MVP. Justin Jefferson is sadly my team's MVP.

Who are the biggest sleepers and biggest busts?

Cordarrelle Patterson is biggest sleeper by wide margin. Allen Robinson is biggest bust.

What is to change and stay the same the rest of the season?

Matt Ryan has huge second half to season.  Elijah Mitchell remains starter rest of season.

Kupp is the overall MVP for sure. Chase is the MVP on both of my teams (Henry was at least expected to be elite). Patterson is the one I wish I had grabbed, but someone else noticed him getting RB eligibility on Yahoo first. 

It feels like all the talking head experts across multiple networks (including XM) have been proclaiming Lamar as MVP for the last week or so. I expect that is dead after last night's horrific performance against a 2-7 Dolphins team. Good lord was that horrible. And the play calling too - seemed like every 3rd and long = halfback pass to the flat for half the yards needed.

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Unbelievable, now the Rams pick up Beckham, that just misses up Kupp going forward.   Darn it.   

I don't know if that's the case. Kupp has a specific role cut for him, and I don't know that OBJ will cut into that a lot.

Of course it's possible he takes away a couple of targets, but I don't know that it's gonna be a whole lot.

I think he's gonna cut into the production of guys like Van Jefferson and Tyler Higbee more than anything.

I truly hope so.