Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

Strategy question leading to lineup question

Ok. How much emphasis/importance do y’all place on having the QB of your opponents top wide receiver or vice versa(having the top wide receiver of your opponent’s QB)? Do you care at all? It seems to me somewhat advantageous. Your opponent would only get 2 points advantage for his WRs TD because your QB gets 4 of those points and of course its the opposite when you have the WR. But it is advantageous enough to try and jam a WR into your lineup because that QB? 
 Here’s my situation:

My opponent has Wentz, I have Pittman. My 2 WRs and FLEX I have slated are Keenan, CeeDee and Diontae Johnson. I think those are the best options outta the 4. Does anyone see any strategy I’m missing to start Pittman over any of those 3? 

Thanks y’all!

I  think Allen is very questionable for this weekend.  Might want to check that out. 

As for the question, I don’t know the players my opponent is going with, I don’t look at my next opponents roster, and it’s for one reason , keeps me from over thinking who I want to start.  

So no o wouldn’t do that unless those are your best options.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I  think Allen is very questionable for this weekend.  Might want to check that out. 

As for the question, I don’t know the players my opponent is going with, I don’t look at my next opponents roster, and it’s for one reason , keeps me from over thinking who I want to start.  

So no o wouldn’t do that unless those are your best options.  

Thanks man! Overthinking does seem to be a problem of mine! Lol!

Anyone else have a thought or two?!?!

I somehow knew this thread was going to essentially be about the cancel-out theory.  It works great unless your opponent's QB runs in two TDs and throws TD passes to every other pass catcher on his team while the WR you benched goes off for 3 TDs and 200+.  Start the player you think will score the most points.  Period.

I don't know man, unless your league has some sort of specific off the wall scoring rules about match ups like that. Most leagues don't but I have seen it before.

It doesn't matter who you opponent starts at QB or WR, your objective is the same. That is you want to start the player that scores you the most point.

It doesn't benefit you at all to start a player who scores less points just because they play on the same team as your opponent's QB.

In the end, it's about total points, that's all. Your opponent has no effect on your final score.

Thanks yall!! I didnt think there was a real need to try a jam a player in there, but thought I would check to see how other managers might feel to see if viewing the subject from someone elses POV might help. 

Thanks again!