Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Robert Woods Torn ACL

Cooks owner and this week my wr corps was absolutely crushed.

Wednesday I felt good with Diggs, Woods, Higgins, and Julio.  Now Julio pulled his vag and Woods out fir the year.  

I did pick up OBJ before this news and now Landry.  Who do you guys like for this week between those two?  Tough spot :(

Slotting in Van Jeff rite into my starting lineup.  He may not get the line of scrimmage (screens/reverses) play calls like Woods did but is certainly more of a deep threat.  Time to become a man now!  OBJ is just a depth/flex guy now imo… theres still gas in the tank but he doesn't separate like he used to

Hate to see it, but I'm curious to see Jefferson's role moving forward, as one of.my draft staples this year.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Fun!  That makes about 340 of the 1090 total players I drafted this preseason out of action.

Empty Self.  

doesnt anyone find it funny that this ACL Tear happened just after the signing of Odelll Beckham?

Is there any chance  that the ACL tear happened before and the Rams kept a lid on it for a day or two while they searched for a player to acquire to fill the void?

if I'm wrong, the Rams were extremely lucky to get someone just before the injury.   Just sayin.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

doesnt anyone find it funny that this ACL Tear happened just after the signing of Odelll Beckham?

Is there any chance  that the ACL tear happened before and the Rams kept a lid on it for a day or two while they searched for a player to acquire to fill the void?

if I'm wrong, the Rams were extremely lucky to get someone just before the injury.   Just sayin.

It's certainly dripping with irony, but I don't know why they would have kept a lid on it.

I would think that would be a selling point, "Our WR-1b just went down for the season, so you should see plenty of opportunities"

36 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's certainly dripping with irony, but I don't know why they would have kept a lid on it.

I would think that would be a selling point, "Our WR-1b just went down for the season, so you should see plenty of opportunities"

eh i think its plausible that the injury happened thursday(even though they say friday) and they got in touch and told him "hey look......" and boom the deal is announced friday morning....i also think theres a good chance this happened organically....just not out of the realm of possibility for the injury to have actually happened on thursday and they told odell thursday afternoon/night when they were going to have to announce it anyway on friday or saturday

15 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

eh i think its plausible that the injury happened thursday(even though they say friday) and they got in touch and told him "hey look......" and boom the deal is announced friday morning....i also think theres a good chance this happened organically....just not out of the realm of possibility for the injury to have actually happened on thursday and they told odell thursday afternoon/night when they were going to have to announce it anyway on friday or saturday

It may have taken a day to get the MRI results, and they didn't want to say anything until they knew for sure. I just don't know why it would have anything to do with signing OBJ

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

On the other hand, if Woods being out for the season was known it would have given OBJ's agent more leverage to demand more money.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cretins said:

On the other hand, if Woods being out for the season was known it would have given OBJ's agent more leverage to demand more money.  

That would be my counterpoint too

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

It may have taken a day to get the MRI results, and they didn't want to say anything until they knew for sure. I just don't know why it would have anything to do with signing OBJ

what woods brings to that offense is unique and obj wont be able to replicate him....but if woods is healthy the rams might not even be interested all that much in beckham.....but when woods goes down mcvay might think "hey i have to tweak the offense a little but at least ill have a talented veteran in here even if we cant do the exact same things"...i dunno....could go either way on this..im sure beckham was very interested in LA from teh start...just wonder how much they were interested in him till they maybe knew woods was out....but it also could have just been strange turn of events they wanted him and then woods went down too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I do.