Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Miles Sanders

What is the latest on Sanders? I just noticed that someone dropped him. I was needing someone for this week, but will pick him up for the stretch run. Hoping the Eagles have figured out that they need to run the ball. Any news on him?

I'm an investor.  He posted some instagram picture saying "ya boy is back" or something, but he can't be started against the Saints even if they activate him.  Problem is they like what they're getting from Howard and Scott, so they might just hold the roster spot and let him sit on IR for another week. 

If you have room on the bench, why not ? 

Howard, Scott. & Gainwell have been doing pretty well in his absence, & they've scored 3 TD's each. Miles has zero.

Add the fact that Hurts is by far the leading rusher on the team, & it doesn't look that great for him even when he does come back.

All that being said, if he was available, & I could afford to roster him, I would. 

Rushing

Player
G
Rush
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
TD
Fum
FL
10 97 547 54.7 5.6 31 5 6 1
7 63 300 42.9 4.8 24 0 0 0
3 41 211 70.3 5.1 25 3 0 0
10 40 205 20.5 5.1 23 3 0 0
10 43 155 15.5 3.6 13 3 1 1
10 5 25 2.5 5.0 12 0 0 0

He's eligible to come off IR this week.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though, especially not right now.

The Saints are one of the better run defenses, and it's not like he or other Philly RBs are exactly lighting it up to begin with.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

If you have room on the bench, why not ? 

Howard, Scott. & Gainwell have been doing pretty well in his absence, & they've scored 3 TD's each. Miles has zero.

Add the fact that Hurts is by far the leading rusher on the team, & it doesn't look that great for him even when he does come back.

All that being said, if he was available, & I could afford to roster him, I would. 

Rushing

Player
G
Rush
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
TD
Fum
FL
10 97 547 54.7 5.6 31 5 6 1
7 63 300 42.9 4.8 24 0 0 0
3 41 211 70.3 5.1 25 3 0 0
10 40 205 20.5 5.1 23 3 0 0
10 43 155 15.5 3.6 13 3 1 1
10 5 25 2.5 5.0 12 0 0 0

What's crazy to me is Jordan Howard is somehow averaging 13 carries a game in a timeshare with Boston Scott, but MIles Sanders as the primary ball carrier somehow only averaged 9 carries a game.

When Sanders was healthy, Eagles runningbacks averaged a total of 13.7 carries a game!  Jordan Howard is doing that by himself while Sanders has been out and as a team the Eagles runningbacks are averaging 30.3 carries a game!@!#!#!

Do they just hate Miles Sanders?  It's like "Finally, he's hurt.  Let's start giving our backs carries."

Let's say Siriani just caved to the pressure of everyone telling him to run the ball more.  If they keep that 30 carries a game pace, you figure they put Scott on the bench and Sanders and Howard split 26 or so of those carries.  Sanders ends up getting more touches than he was before he got hurt as the main guy.

I've held Sanders all this time.  People think they FINALLY started to run the ball once Sanders got hurt, but if you watched the game where Siriani came to his senses, Sanders got 5 carries on the first drive of the game, then got hurt.  That was the game they started running the ball.  It was a total gut punch that it just happened to be the game Sanders went down.  He probably would have gotten 15-18 carries that game.  Yes, Scott and Howard have played well in his absence, but Sanders was actually playing REALLY well (4.76 YPC) when he was playing.  It just never stood out bc PHL wasn't running at all.  I don't expect him to get 15 carries his first week back, but by week 12-14 I can see it.  His schedule is real nice too rest of the way all the way thru week 17.  

46 minutes ago, nobody said:

What's crazy to me is Jordan Howard is somehow averaging 13 carries a game in a timeshare with Boston Scott, but MIles Sanders as the primary ball carrier somehow only averaged 9 carries a game.

When Sanders was healthy, Eagles runningbacks averaged a total of 13.7 carries a game!  Jordan Howard is doing that by himself while Sanders has been out and as a team the Eagles runningbacks are averaging 30.3 carries a game!@!#!#!

Do they just hate Miles Sanders?  It's like "Finally, he's hurt.  Let's start giving our backs carries."

Let's say Siriani just caved to the pressure of everyone telling him to run the ball more.  If they keep that 30 carries a game pace, you figure they put Scott on the bench and Sanders and Howard split 26 or so of those carries.  Sanders ends up getting more touches than he was before he got hurt as the main guy.

I hear ya. The Eagles have definitely switched to being an extremely run a heavy team. Just under 150 yards per game.

I kind of like it. Good old smash mouth football. 

30 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I've held Sanders all this time.  People think they FINALLY started to run the ball once Sanders got hurt, but if you watched the game where Siriani came to his senses, Sanders got 5 carries on the first drive of the game, then got hurt.  That was the game they started running the ball.  It was a total gut punch that it just happened to be the game Sanders went down.  He probably would have gotten 15-18 carries that game.  Yes, Scott and Howard have played well in his absence, but Sanders was actually playing REALLY well (4.76 YPC) when he was playing.  It just never stood out bc PHL wasn't running at all.  I don't expect him to get 15 carries his first week back, but by week 12-14 I can see it.  His schedule is real nice too rest of the way all the way thru week 17.  

I wish the owner in my league would've dropped him!

Scott, and Howard, And Gainwell, plus Hurts running a lot himself , I would roster him, but he might not leave the bench,  

On 11/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

well, there were a couple games where the eagles got behind early and they had to abandon the run far sooner than they would normally.

I think that got the ball rolling on not running the ball.  then somehow it stuck.

I picked him up to be my third RB and he was disappointing.  Yards per carry were ok, but that doesnt matter if you barely get any carries.

The Eagles are a puzzling team.

They waited until Miles Sanders got hurt to start actually TRYING to run the ball. 

In the games that he has missed, their rushing attempts have gone WAY WAY up. 

Sanders could be a valuable buy-low if the Eagles continue to run at this new volume. 

• Like 1

I grabbed him off waivers as a stash. Fantasy playoff schedule looks enticing so worth a speculative add. Dropped Shenault for him so dead weight for dead weight maybe.

Sanders has more upside then Shenault. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:05 AM, rotisserieking said:

I grabbed him off waivers as a stash. Fantasy playoff schedule looks enticing so worth a speculative add. Dropped Shenault for him so dead weight for dead weight maybe.

well, getting a solid RB on the wire at this time of year is not easy.   I think if you are a RB needy team, hes not a bad gamble.

certainly better than the average wire pickup for RB's at this point in the year,

I grabbed Sanders and stashed him on my IR spot 2 weeks ago. The league where I grabbed him is standard scoring and running backs are at a premium (like everywhere). I drafted Jonathan Taylor and Damien Harris but had nothing else. I added Alex Collins a month ago when Carson went down and now with Sanders I have Taylor every week and then can rotate one of the other three in based off of matchup. 

12 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I grabbed Sanders and stashed him on my IR spot 2 weeks ago. The league where I grabbed him is standard scoring and running backs are at a premium (like everywhere). I drafted Jonathan Taylor and Damien Harris but had nothing else. I added Alex Collins a month ago when Carson went down and now with Sanders I have Taylor every week and then can rotate one of the other three in based off of matchup. 

nice situation.

and if he was on IR, you likely couldnt have planned it better.  the IR slot doesnt hinder your ability to roster a lineup.  its when a player is hurt and not on IR that it becomes unaffordable to hold him if you have bye weeks or injuries and such.

nice work.  and well done.

11 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, getting a solid RB on the wire at this time of year is not easy.   I think if you are a RB needy team, hes not a bad gamble.

certainly better than the average wire pickup for RB's at this point in the year,

Well on Saturday I was able to trade Ekeler/Sanders/Pittman for CMac/Burrow in my keeper league. I was going to lose Ekeler end of season and he CMac. So since Sanders was a flyer I was more than happy to package him to get CMac.

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

nice situation.

and if he was on IR, you likely couldnt have planned it better.  the IR slot doesnt hinder your ability to roster a lineup.  its when a player is hurt and not on IR that it becomes unaffordable to hold him if you have bye weeks or injuries and such.

nice work.  and well done.

Yeah it worked out. I was trying to patch the 2nd running spot for a while now as Harris was not consistent enough. I was grabbing every plug and play RB I could find and had Damien Williams when Montgomery went down. I also grabbed Alex Collins in the interim. Williams missed that one week and I saw a person had dropped Sanders. So I dropped Williams and grabbed Sanders. Threw him on the IR spot and then grabbed another waiver flyer. Carson going down gives me a stronger bench running back wise now. It's always good when plans work out in your favor.