Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Harris or Stevens, what-about Big Bill?

So who is gonna be "the guy" for NE this week, Harris or Stevens? Both on our waivers (I just released Harris for E Mitchell) but read today that Mitchell has a broken finger-story of my year this year-they get hurt or 100% SUCK when they play for me. WHO is Big Bill gonna have be his main RB this week?

I think if Harris can play he will be their first up, but I just can’t tell anyone to trust the hoody. 

Just now, weepaws said:

I think if Harris can play he will be their first up, but I just can’t tell anyone to trust the hoody. 

I hear you there weepaws, thanks. Good luck this week.

I own both of them and I have no idea what I’m going to do. If I have to start anyone of them it will probably be Harris and I will probably go that way. It might be smarter to go with alternative options (mine are Elijah Moore or Mooney), but Harris always seems good for a floor of 50 and a td with possibly more. This will be a hard one for ppl today. 

Not even hoody can keep Stevenson on the sidelines.  The guy is a wrecking ball. I’d love to know what his YAC was last week.  And with bolden questionable makes him the 3rd down back as well… Harris or not , Stevenson is a flex with a possible RB2 weekly ceiling. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Also agree.  I have Harris and I'm benching him this week because Patriots RBs are always going to be a crap shoot with Belicheck running that team.  Before the injury it was fairly stable playing Harris, but now that Stevenson flashed a little there is now enough uncertainty to bench Harris until I see how this plays out.  Fortunately, I have enough good other players to choose from.

Went into the draft claiming I would NEVER draft a Patriots RB but ended up getting Harris in the 5th because after him there was literally nobody else. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Went into the draft claiming I would NEVER draft a Patriots RB but ended up getting Harris in the 5th because after him there was literally nobody else. 

James Conner was gone by the 5th?

• Haha 1

I actually played the Rham last weekend and reaped the benefits.

I look at it this way. If Bolden is out then I would play Stevenson because he will get a good portion of running plays and passing plays. If Bolden is in then you have to go with Harris as he will be the primary back.

I think the Rham has the most upside, I am just hoping they let him start in the near future.

Would agree that the Rham as more upside, but does the hoody.  

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You didn’t have Conner ranked ahead of Harris, you might want to look back during the offseason post you made about why one should draft Harris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:lol:

yeah, okay.  Because he was on everyone's draft boards as a starter in the 5th round.  :doh:

Time to shelf the elf.  Your hindsight is 20/20!!!

• Haha 1

Um…wut?

Conner was gone in the 5th…of a 12 player keeper league?

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

yeah, okay.  Because he was on everyone's draft boards as a starter in the 5th round.  :doh:

Hindsight is when you look BACK on something.

Axe Elf drafted 13 shares of James Conner well after the 5th round, because Axe Elf's FORESIGHT is 20/20.

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Listen to the Elf…What is wrong with yourself? 
Listen to the others. They’re not egotists

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hindsight is when you look BACK on something.

Axe Elf drafted 13 shares of James Conner well after the 5th round, because Axe Elf's FORESIGHT is 20/20.

James Conner.  :lol:

No one was picking Conner as a starting RB during the draft.  No one.  

Your "Axe Elf foresight" is more accurately described as  "Axe Elf foreskin" - unnecessary, gross and straight-up useless.

Time to shelf the elf.

‘Twas nice while it lasted for one game. Can’t blame them, Harris is good. 

17 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No one was picking Conner as a starting RB during the draft.  No one.  

No one except Axe Elf, that is.  I appreciate your confirmation of Axe Elf's singular prescience.

"Another guy I would target a couple of rounds later would be James Conner.  He's already the goalline back for a potent offense at a minimum, and it shouldn't take long for them to figure out that Edmonds (like Andre Ellington before him) isn't built to be a lead RB, and Conner becomes the featured back as well.  He's not an unknown commodity to the coaching staff, as he is reunited in Arizona with the RB Coach he had in Pittsburgh the year he posted over 1,450 yards and 13 TDs.  So he's got a lot of upside for an 8th-9th round pick."  (8/17)

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/502807-if-you-punted-rb-2-to-the-mid-rounds-which-duo-do-you-like-best/?do=findComment&comment=6893212

"10.4 James Conner (Forking-A!  I axually got my 10th round target!  Party at the Elf Institute!  Now get out there and show that poosie Edmonds how a cancer survivor carries the mail!)" (8/31)

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/501347-had-to-get-one-in-before-memorial-day/?do=findComment&comment=6901409

"Under his current RB coach when the two were in Pittsburgh, James Conner posted 1,470 yards and 13 TDs. I think you’ll be glad you held him here in a couple of weeks."  (10/1)

https://forum.fantasypros.com/t/aaron-jones-out-now-too-left-with-james-conner-help-with-free-agent-pick/3045/6?u=axeelf

Try to catch the Axe Elf train at the station next year, and maybe you won't be left out in the cold again as fantasy football plebes the world over warm themselves by the light of Axe Elf's fire.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Try to catch the Axe Elf train at the station next year, and maybe you won't be left out in the cold again as fantasy football plebes the world over warm themselves by the light of Axe Elf's fire.

How Ironic in a thread about Damien Harris and Rhomondre Stevenson that the elf ignores his promotion of the former and his dismissal of the latter, while promoting one of the few things he actually got right that is irrelevant to the thread title. Listen to the Elf and you’ll get Egg all over yourself…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

How Ironic in a thread about Damien Harris and Rhomondre Stevenson that the elf ignores his promotion of the former and his dismissal of the latter, while promoting one of the few things he actually got right that is irrelevant to the thread title. Listen to the Elf and you’ll get Egg all over yourself…

How is that ironic?

You want me to list every one of my hits in every post I make?

Yes, Axe Elf was right about Damien Harris, too, but that's not important to the fact that the poster could have still gotten Conner later.

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day - except on a military clock.  :doh:

Anyone taking advice from the elf will end up on the shelf come playoff time. 

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No one except Axe Elf, that is.  I appreciate your confirmation of Axe Elf's singular prescience.

"Another guy I would target a couple of rounds later would be James Conner.  He's already the goalline back for a potent offense at a minimum, and it shouldn't take long for them to figure out that Edmonds (like Andre Ellington before him) isn't built to be a lead RB, and Conner becomes the featured back as well.  He's not an unknown commodity to the coaching staff, as he is reunited in Arizona with the RB Coach he had in Pittsburgh the year he posted over 1,450 yards and 13 TDs.  So he's got a lot of upside for an 8th-9th round pick."  (8/17)

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/502807-if-you-punted-rb-2-to-the-mid-rounds-which-duo-do-you-like-best/?do=findComment&comment=6893212

"10.4 James Conner (Forking-A!  I axually got my 10th round target!  Party at the Elf Institute!  Now get out there and show that poosie Edmonds how a cancer survivor carries the mail!)" (8/31)

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/501347-had-to-get-one-in-before-memorial-day/?do=findComment&comment=6901409

"Under his current RB coach when the two were in Pittsburgh, James Conner posted 1,470 yards and 13 TDs. I think you’ll be glad you held him here in a couple of weeks."  (10/1)

https://forum.fantasypros.com/t/aaron-jones-out-now-too-left-with-james-conner-help-with-free-agent-pick/3045/6?u=axeelf

The patented  "Axe Elf ForeSkin 2.0". 

"My ForeSkin is 20/20!  You'll See!"   :lol:

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

How is that ironic?

You want me to list every one of my hits in every post I make?

Yes, Axe Elf was right about Damien Harris, too, but that's not important to the fact that the poster could have still gotten Conner later.

How about an update on the 100 leagues you’re in. Since so many of the players you listed bombed. Maybe you’ll do better next year…

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

How about an update on the 100 leagues you’re in.

Yeah, I was going to do one at the quarterpost... and then one at the halfway mark... and then I just find other things to occupy my time.  But maybe an update once we hit the playoffs would be appropriate for those who are interested--at least interested enough to axually know how many leagues I'm in.  If I do, though it will be in the thread about my leagues, though; no point in spreading it all over the forum.

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Since so many of the players you listed bombed. 

So many?  What, like three?  lol

My players who have been injured in the course of kicking ass are the ones causing me the most consternation (like Chris Carson, Derrick Henry and Robert Woods - that's 81 players in 60 leagues right there).

Thanks to drafting depth like Damien Harris and James Conner and Brandin Cooks and Mike Williams, the failings of the likes of Mike Davis and Kenny Golladay haven't really been much of a concern.

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Maybe you’ll do better next year…

That's always the hope, although when you're Axe Elf, that bar is set pretty high.

But yeah, having 20 undefeated managed teams in the same season is still worth shooting for.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, I was going to do one at the quarterpost... and then one at the halfway mark... and then I just find other things to occupy my time.  But maybe an update once we hit the playoffs would be appropriate for those who are interested--at least interested enough to axually know how many leagues I'm in.  If I do, though it will be in the thread about my leagues, though; no point in spreading it all over the forum.

So many?  What, like three?  lol

My players who have been injured in the course of kicking ass are the ones causing me the most consternation (like Chris Carson, Derrick Henry and Robert Woods - that's 81 players in 60 leagues right there).

Thanks to drafting depth like Damien Harris and James Conner and Brandin Cooks and Mike Williams, the failings of the likes of Mike Davis and Kenny Golladay haven't really been much of a concern.

That's always the hope, although when you're Axe Elf, that bar is set pretty high.

But yeah, having 20 undefeated managed teams in the same season is still worth shooting for.

Stop embarrassing yourself.  Please.  

Your commentary just gets people to make fun of you. 

You are dedicated to FF, clearly more than most, but I still to this day do not have one prediction from you that was real fantasy gold in my eyes. 

A little modesty might do you some good, and you may even gain some respect for it.