Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

fat cheese butter and whole milk are OK again

I never ever believed the "science" regarding the warnings of this stuff in the first place.  I've seen so many things be warned about and then recalled that it makes me think corporations just finance studies to create scares so they can market new products.  But anyway, fat, cheese, butter and whole milk are OK again.  Also, this news is 3 years old, if you havent heard.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/07/cheese-butter-not-necessarily-linked-to-death/565253/

The Vindication of Cheese, Butter, and Full-Fat Milk

A new study exonerates dairy fats as a cause of early death, even as low-fat products continue to be misperceived as healthier.

By James Hamblin

A new study this week in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition is relevant to an ongoing vindication process for saturated fats, which turned many people away from dairy products such as whole milk, cheese, and butter in the 1980s and ’90s. An analysis of 2,907 adults found that people with higher and lower levels of dairy fats in their blood had the same rate of death during a 22-year period.

The implication is that it didn’t matter if people drank whole or skim or 2-percent milk, ate butter versus margarine, etc. The researchers concluded that dairy-fat consumption later in life “does not significantly influence total mortality.”

“I think the big news here is that even though there is this conventional wisdom that whole-fat dairy is bad for heart disease, we didn’t find that,” says Marcia de Oliveira Otto, the lead researcher of the study and an assistant professor of epidemiology, human genetics, and environmental science at the University of Texas School of Public Health. “And it’s not only us. A number of recent studies have found the same thing.”

The researchers also found that certain saturated fatty acids may have specific benefits for some people. High levels of heptadecanoic acid, for example, were associated with lower rates of strokes.

I think people realized that fat was okay, it was sugar that was bad. Your body is used to processing fat but not so much sugar. To be honest, I think you can eat whatever you want. The thing that is killing us is sitting down in schools and offices for 8 hours a day then commuting in cars. We don't get enough activity. 

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think people realized that fat was okay, it was sugar that was bad. Your body is used to processing fat but not so much sugar. To be honest, I think you can eat whatever you want. The thing that is killing us is sitting down in schools and offices for 8 hours a day then commuting in cars. We don't get enough activity. 

I agree but think it is much more the diet.  Some people go days without eating anything but processed foods.  Also eat way too much.  If you sit on your azz all day then you dont need as many carbs or calories.  But people scarf it down anyway.  

Exercise is important in keeping things in good working condition.  but you dont need much exercise to be a healthy weight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Don’t agree. I have walked 6 miles a day every day for 617 days. Didn’t start loosing weight until 7 months ago when I switched to OMAD and keto-ish diet. Down 60 pounds and 10” on the waste. 15 more to go and I’ll be 180, my highschool weight. 

Pulling more tang than I know what to do with 😊 in case you’re wondering. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I bet your avatars azz is healthy to eat. 

I already knew this and have been keeping it to myself.  No one would believe me without a "study" so no point in telling anyone.

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I bet your avatars azz is healthy to eat. 

I’ll send you her IG

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

fat, cheese, butter and whole milk are OK again

I'm guessing the dairy industry lobbyists handed out a lot of money in 2017

Caloric deficit is only way to lose weight.  Its you're choice how to achieve it.  Some ways are more optimal in regards to retaining lean mass, though.