Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

mlb hot stove 2021 - Thorange County

And now the Os just beboppin' and scattin' on the rest of the league.  :bandana:

SIGNED: #Orioles have signed RHP Jordan Lyles to a one year contract worth $7M.

Catcher Pedro Severino and the Milwaukee Brewers are in agreement on a one-year, $1.9 million contract, pending physical, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Severino, 28, will join Omar Narvaez at catcher and has incentives in the deal that can earn him another $400,000.

20 minutes ago, Mookz said:

DEVELOPING:

Giving up on Rutschman already?

;)

4 hours ago, posty said:

Giving up on Rutschman already?

;)

All I'm saying is...he better not ignore those footsteps.  :ninja:

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 12:11 PM, Mookz said:

I went there in their first year open. Beautiful and actually a decent location for it being in Baltimore. It was a night game I was at. After a couple of innings, the lights went out for about 20 minutes.

Anthony Rizzo is supposed to resign with the Yankees once Freddie Freeman signs somewhere.  Freeman might sign with the Braves or Mets.  Kris Bryant might sign with the Mariners, Phillies or Padres.

I’m going to be super pissed when the Rays trade KK. I understand it. He doesn’t stay on the field enough for a game changing defender and hasn’t hit well. I don’t think he swipes as many bags as he could because they don’t want him injuring himself. He’s one of their more expensive players so I’m sure it will happen. If he goes to Philly I may cry. 

28 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m going to be super pissed when the Rays trade KK. I understand it. He doesn’t stay on the field enough for a game changing defender and hasn’t hit well. I don’t think he swipes as many bags as he could because they don’t want him injuring himself. He’s one of their more expensive players so I’m sure it will happen. If he goes to Philly I may cry. 

He’s 32. Take what you can get. The future is Franco. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s 32. Take what you can get. The future is Franco. 

who is denying the future is franco? the career span for good baseball players is much longer than other sports. they dont HAVE to move on. if they do so it will be because of money, not age. 

can't win with just one star like franco, as san diego has proven. KK isn't another star, but his WAR is great. 

He happens to be my favorite player so I obviously want him to stay. Not concerned about a return for him as I dont think they will get much of anything simply because hes due 14 million.

Fernando Tatis will miss like half the 2022 season with a fractured wrist.  Padres now eyeing Kris Bryant and Freddie Freeman as replacements.

Kyle Schwarber to Phillies, 4 year deal
Matt Chapman traded from As to Blue Jays
Cubs sign Japan star Seiya Suzuki
Anthony Rizzo stays with Yankees, 2 year deal

I know they will likely not win, but fock the Dodgers are scary. Now they get a DH too. :o  look out!

Freddie Freeman agreed to a six-year, $162 million contract  with Dodgers

MLB is so focking dumb for having no salary cap

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I know they will likely not win, but fock the Dodgers are scary. Now they get a DH too. :o  look out!

There's no benefit for the owners who don't care, like the small market teams who have $60M payrolls because they make a huge profit.  The big market teams don't care because they have the money and are willing to spend it to win.  They players don't care because with a cap, comes a floor.  The teams with high payrolls will have to shed dollars and players below the floor would have to spend them.  At that point, there'd be a wash.  Right now, you have 8 teams over $160M (3 are over $230M), and you have 9 teams under $80M (4 are under $50M), and the league average is at $123M.

If they had a cap, it would probably be around $150 and the floor around $100... so the total money spent around the league would still be the same.  At that point, it limits the players high end, so they have no incentive to ask for it.  Also, another reason teams don't want the cap is the trade deadline.  Teams going for a ring may not be able to add to their roster because they can't fit players in under their cap.  You'd end up with NBA style salary dump trades instead of deals where teams could add prospects.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Betts

Turner

Freeman

Turner

Muncy

Smith

Bellinger

Taylor

Pollack/Lux

crazy lineup