Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Steelers at Chargers: SNF Discussion

Inactives

Steelers: QB Dwayne Haskins, CB Joe Haden, RB Anthony McFarland, LB Buddy Johnson, LB T.J. Watt, DE Isaiahh Loudermilk

Chargers: DL Linval Joseph, S Mark Webb, S Alohi Gilman, QB Easton Stick, RB Joshua Kelley, FB Gabe Nabers, OT Trey Pipkins

Herbert please have a good game .... Go Bolts 

13 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Herbert please have a good game .... Go Bolts 

As long as Mike Williams and/or Keenan Allen are the recipients.

4 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Is there any way possible Herbert, Ekeler, and Allen can all get 0's?  

If the sun rises in the west tomorrow........possibly :)

Parham with the alligator arms.  That's the third time today I've seen receivers make business decisions over the middle.  I don't get it.  The defense isn't even allowed to light them up anymore.

I wonder when defense are going to figure out the Chargers always always always always run inside zone from the 5-8 yard line going in.

I've literally watched every charger game this season and they run that play in that spot every single game.

Roethlisberger got bailed out by his own inaccuracy there.  Should've been picked on that post route to claypool

And another 4th down go for it blows up in a team's face.  Seems to happen all the time.  Maybe Amazon AWS can STAT THAT and see if the analytics are actually accurate.

One thing I'm surprised Belichick hasn't tried yet is if the opponent has the ball needing to go 80 yards and like 40 seconds left, your defense can just all line up and immediately tackle every receiver every play.  If it takes 6 seconds to run a play, you could do that 6 straight times and they get 30 free yards from defensive holding and 1 play from midfield.

Pittsburgh linebackers can't handle Ekeler.  Wouldn't be surprised if they hit him on an angle route for a third TD here.

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Hoping for a big night from Austin Ekeler & Diontae Johnson

Paaaahtaaaay!!!🤑🤑

This is what I don't get.  You go for it on every 4th and 2 when you don't have to, but your down 17 with 4th and 4 on the plus-20 and you kick a FG.  Now you need to go for it partly because you passed on the FG earlier.

What a surprise.  Chargers run inside zone to Ekeler.  Who would've possibly saw that coming.

Just now, nobody said:

What a surprise.  Chargers run inside zone to Ekeler.  Who would've possibly saw that coming.

Can't stop it not helping Herbert though 😒 

Just now, Mike FF Today said:

That's 93 rushing yards for Justin Herbert.

But another 4 would of been a td

Hate when teams build a lead then play conservative...,screws up there rythem 

Kind of an interesting factoid from last night's game that illustrates how quicky NFL teams turn over their personnel:

Only Joey Bosa and Keenan Allen were members of the San Diego Chargers; every other current member has come to the team since they moved to Los Angeles.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, nobody said:

One thing I'm surprised Belichick hasn't tried yet is if the opponent has the ball needing to go 80 yards and like 40 seconds left, your defense can just all line up and immediately tackle every receiver every play.  If it takes 6 seconds to run a play, you could do that 6 straight times and they get 30 free yards from defensive holding and 1 play from midfield.

I think the Giants are invoking this strategy against the Jags!