Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Next Years Top 12

Since it's never too early to start thinking about next year, especially when your teams this year are a bunch of losers, here's what I'm thinking:

Taylor

Cmac

Swift

Henry

Harris

Cook

Chubb

Kamara

Hill

Cupp

Adams

Mixon

Looks pretty good, although I'm not sure about Cmac ? With all the time he's missed in 20 & 21, I'm thinking he might not go until #5.......maybe later ?

3 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Looks pretty good, although I'm not sure about Cmac ? With all the time he's missed in 20 & 21, I'm thinking he might not go until #5.......maybe later ?

Absolutely.  I wouldn't take him at 2, but that's where he'll probably be ranked.  Also no telling what happens with Adams/Rodgers.  

Now the tough part - figuring out which half of those won't come close to top 12 production and who ought to be there instead.

I can't believe anyone would even consider drafting anyone at #1 next year other than Derrick Henry.

He's been injured for three weeks now, and he was still leading all RBs in fantasy scoring until yesterday.  He's currently experiencing the first major injury of his 6-year career--and even that isn't the typical soft-tissue injuries that RBs usually get--ligaments, muscles, tendons, etc--he broke a bone in his foot.

He's pretty much the last of the true bellcow RBs left in the NFL, and someday, we won't have him any more.  Enjoy his dominance while we do.

39 minutes ago, Grack said:

Ekeler?? He's def in my top 12... 

Good point.

I was listening to the radio broadcast of last nights game and one of the announcers was mentioning that for whatever reason, Ekeler doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I suppose this thread helps to prove that.

In no particular order- 

Your RB- Henry, Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Harris, Swift, Kamara, Chubb, Cmac

Your WR- Kupp, Hill, Adams

Jefferson might work his way into there and I could see Chase breaking into then bottom part of it all.

I think Kupp wouldn’t be a good first round pick, to many variables. 

I know he’s having a all world ff season , but I think a first round pick for him would be a bad move.  

Mark it down.  

He’ll never make the top 12 bc he’s injured this year, but if Akers comes back 100%ish, he could be insane in that LAR offense. Grab him as late as you can and reap the rewards. 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, AxeElf said:

I can't believe anyone would even consider drafting anyone at #1 next year other than Derrick Henry.

He's been injured for three weeks now, and he was still leading all RBs in fantasy scoring until yesterday.  He's currently experiencing the first major injury of his 6-year career--and even that isn't the typical soft-tissue injuries that RBs usually get--ligaments, muscles, tendons, etc--he broke a bone in his foot.

He's pretty much the last of the true bellcow RBs left in the NFL, and someday, we won't have him any more.  Enjoy his dominance while we do.

Henry has a Jones fracture.  That's the second worst foot injury you can have (the worst being Lisfranc). It's when the bone breaks in a particularly bad area of the foot that gets very little blood flow so it takes forever to heal, and often never quite heals.  Julio Jones (pardon the pun) I believe had one and it recurred at least one more time in the same spot, although IIRC it was not overly advertised.  I know this because, while not an elite athlete, I broke mine doing martial arts and had a plate installed and 3 months on a kneelie wheelie.  Then it rebroke 8 months later just jogging and stopping, nothing at all ballistic.

As such my general rule, and it has served me well, is to avoid players with a chronic foot problem.  There is no rehab, and it doesn't matter if the rest of your body is the Terminator like Henry.

I could be wrong of course but most likely if he were sitting there next year I'd pass.  And I took him #3 this year over Kamara who was the consensus pick at that spot, so I'm not a hater.

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Henry has a Jones fracture.  That's the second worst foot injury you can have (the worst being Lisfranc). It's when the bone breaks in a particularly bad area of the foot that gets very little blood flow so it takes forever to heal, and often never quite heals.  Julio Jones (pardon the pun) I believe had one and it recurred at least one more time in the same spot, although IIRC it was not overly advertised.  I know this because, while not an elite athlete, I broke mine doing martial arts and had a plate installed and 3 months on a kneelie wheelie.  Then it rebroke 8 months later just jogging and stopping, nothing at all ballistic.

As such my general rule, and it has served me well, is to avoid players with a chronic foot problem.  There is no rehab, and it doesn't matter if the rest of your body is the Terminator like Henry.

I could be wrong of course but most likely if he were sitting there next year I'd pass.  And I took him #3 this year over Kamara who was the consensus pick at that spot, so I'm not a hater.

This is why for years now I have always wanted as close to the 12th pick as possible. Instead of putting all your eggs in one elite RB, I’d rather take 2 semi-elite players back to back. When you pick in the top 5 you almost have to take a RB, and if you took any of these guys in the past few years it hurt - Henry, Kamara, CMC, Barkley, etc. 

Is CMC really going top 3 after an injury prone couple of seasons in a row? I’m not taking him. Henry after the prophecy of 400 touches came true? Not so sure about that either. Ekeler is looking like the consensus there to me. Kamara should be no.3. No.4 either Cook, Najee or trusty and reliable Zeke. Then I can see Henry and then CMC but I’m still not touching him. Maybe those two before zeke, not sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Is CMC really going top 3 after an injury prone couple of seasons in a row? I’m not taking him. Henry after the prophecy of 400 touches came true? Not so sure about that either. Ekeler is looking like the consensus there to me. Kamara should be no.3. No.4 either Cook, Najee or trusty and reliable Zeke. Then I can see Henry and then CMC but I’m still not touching him. Maybe those two before zeke, not sure.

I'll be stuck with CMC in a keeper league, but I'll never draft him in a redraft again.  He may be the most fragile player I've ever seen.  Focker cost me yet another game today

I think Mixon is making a very strong case for a top 3 pick.

It seems like the risk of drafting a lot of these RBs has never been higher.

The top two guys, Henry and CMC are about as reliable going forward as betting on the NY Jets.

Oh and Swift being a top 5 pick?

It's hard to draft a guy in the top 5 when you're certain his team won't match that number in wins

I say pick one of a couple of fairly reliable RBs or a stud WR

Mmm I hope Mixon gets drafted that high in my league nest season, 1/2 point ppr 14 teams.  

On 11/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, RedzoneMonster said:

He’ll never make the top 12 bc he’s injured this year, but if Akers comes back 100%ish, he could be insane in that LAR offense. Grab him as late as you can and reap the rewards. 

Hard pass.

I'll be heading into next season with Taylor, CMC, and Henry in a 2 keeper league. When I traded for CMC a couple weeks ago I was thinking I'd have a hard choice between them. Now it feels like I just got a half season rental, especially with Cam at QB. Superman? More like Mediocre Man at best.

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Mmm I hope Mixon gets drafted that high in my league nest season, 1/2 point ppr 14 teams.  

I'm in a 1/2 PPR and Mixon is the #3 RB.  What is it that you think he lacks?  :dunno: 

BTW Ekeler is #2 and I would pick Mixon over Ekeler; just less of a "gadget" need to score IMO.  And I own both.

Mixon is having a fantastic season , I own him on one team, this was truly the first season that I really targeted him.  

And he is the 4th best rb 1/2 ppr in avg this season, so I think he’ll be over valued next season, just because he’s avg 18 points per game 1/2 ppr this season doesn’t mean he’ll do it next season, now he could an then I’ll be wrong , he’s going to be a First Round Pick next season, and I’ll take him in the first, just later than top three.  I’m not all in that he’s going to perform up to the level he has this season imo .  

Same way I feel about Kupp next season, he’s going to be drafted way to early next season.  

On 11/28/2021 at 8:11 AM, jerryskids said:

For the record, Julio Jones was either born with a pulled hamstring or no hamstring at all. I can’t remember which.