Sign in to follow this  
2022 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot released...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32691595/david-ortiz-alex-rodriguez-13-first-rs-hall-fame-ballot

First-year candidates
A.J. Pierzynski
Alex Rodriguez
Carl Crawford
David Ortiz
Jake Peavy
Jimmy Rollins
Joe Nathan
Jonathan Papelbon
Justin Morneau
Mark Teixeira
Prince Fielder
Ryan Howard
Tim Lincecum

Holdovers
Andruw Jones 
Andy Pettitte 
Barry Bonds
Billy Wagner
Bobby Abreu
Curt Schilling
Gary Sheffield 
Jeff Kent 
Manny Ramirez 
Mark Buehrle 
Omar Vizquel
Roger Clemens
Sammy Sosa 
Tim Hudson 
Todd Helton 
Torii Hunter 

I used to care about this.  Now it seems like it is a bunch of quasi-all star players, guys who fell off rather quickly after promising starts, or suspected roid users.

Andruw Jones is the only one that jumps out as none of the above??

ARod, Ortiz from the new list.  And none of the others should ever even be considered again.

Not sure what you do about the holdover list.

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

ARod, Ortiz from the new list.  And none of the others should ever even be considered again.

Not sure what you do about the holdover list.

ARod and Ortiz should never get in...  If they do, only after Bonds and Clemens get in...

• Like 2

Just now, posty said:

ARod and Ortiz should never get in...  If they do, only after Bonds and Clemens get in...

You going to shut down the HOF to new members?  Sounds like it.  

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If people don't want steroid users (or suspected users) in the Hall, if you keep out Bonds and Clemens, Ortiz and ARod have to stay out as well...

28 minutes ago, posty said:

If people don't want steroid users (or suspected users) in the Hall, if you keep out Bonds and Clemens, Ortiz and ARod have to stay out as well...

Posty is right. You let one in, they all get in. Seeing as A Rod and Ortiz are now part of the media, they will probably get help.  

If they don't let Bonds in I don't care about the Hall of Fame.   Barry Bonds is way more important to baseball and it's history than this museum and it's poorly chosen honorees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

If they don't let Bonds in I don't care about the Hall of Fame.   Barry Bonds is way more important to baseball and it's history then this museum and it's poorly chosen honorees.

Pretty much this.  :thumbsup:

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/11/new-e60-special-examines-life-career-of-barry-bonds-as-hall-of-fame-eligibility-nears-end/

• Sad 1

If bonds doesn’t get in than none of the other juicers should ever 

I’d vote

bonds

clemens

sosa

mcgwire

manny

ortiz

arod

since pudge and piazza are in all these guys should be as well

Only Arod and Papi should even be on the top list

also make a rule if a dude gets 90% and you didn’t vote for him you lose your vote and if a dude gets under 50 and you voted for him same thing

its annoying someone will vote for joe Nathan 

• Sad 1

Just one more year of this debate hopefully. If they hang tough, they'll leave Bonds off one more time, and he's out. With Bonds rejected, all the other 'roiders chances of getting in falls to zero.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Is their a statue of limitations on roid use?  Idiot.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Is their a statue of limitations on roid use?  Idiot.

Statute, and all the names on his list have either the cloud of steroids or aren't deserving. Not a good look for the HOF to not have a single entrant. I'd let them all in. Including Rose.

Hall of Sham - No one cares

18 hours ago, posty said:

Absolutely this. Know cheaters and steroid users should be kept out. 

11 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Absolutely this. Know cheaters and steroid users should be kept out. 

Dumb.  Is Pudge in?  I guess he was the loan player from that Rangers team that was clean :lol:

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Dumb.  Is Pudge in?  I guess he was the loan player from that Rangers team that was clean :lol:

How much interest was paid on Pudge?

10 votes right.  I don't care about the steroids link anymore.  Each generation had their "cheats" and advantages.

First-year candidates
A.J. Pierzynski - good game caller but didn't bring enough
Alex Rodriguez - let him in.  almost 700 HR, 300+ SB, 117 WAR, steriods.. whatever
Carl Crawford - superstar for a time but not enough dominance
David Ortiz - everybody picks him in but my expectations for a DH are going to be higher.  he certainly went out on the top of his game which would almost want me to vote for him
Jake Peavy - solid player and won a Cy Young, but was he even in most years the best pitcher on his team?
Jimmy Rollins - cog and force to that Phillies team. always in the discussion for top 4-5 SS that decade
Joe Nathan - no
Jonathan Papelbon - you're kidding right?
Justin Morneau - I'm not saying the MVP year was a fluke but plenty of MVP season players are not in the HOF
Mark Teixeira - Loved him.  Thought his dWAR was better than it shows but not enough
Prince Fielder - scary for 7-8 years but not a long enough career
Ryan Howard - just better than Prince
Tim Lincecum - 2 Cy Youngs.  You're welcome you have your accolades for some tremendous seasons.  Not HOF

Holdovers
Andruw Jones - one of my favorite players but borderline HOF. I do think he really defined a way to play CF as well as adding good if not great offensive numbers
Andy Pettitte - I have a problem with judging based upon post season numbers.  If I did, he's a lock but if I don't, he's not nearly as good as Mussina and Moose barely got it
Barry Bonds - Yes let's just do it already. Greatest player in MLB history.  Steroids or not.
Billy Wagner - so close, I really want to as I think closers and relief pitchers in general are undervalued to their contributions to the now current game when it comes to HOF but it's just not ready
Bobby Abreu - not as much power as some others but brought some good baserunning and a heck of defensive player with one of the best arms in the game
Curt Schilling - not a fan of this guy but his numbers are worthy, fine
Gary Sheffield - liability on defense but his offensive numbers and longevity tell me yes, biggest issue, never stuck with a team so doesn't have that identity
Jeff Kent - you've got your MVP, thank you
Manny Ramirez - I mean sure.  It' Gary Sheffield, little more power, little less baserunning and way more identity
Mark Buehrle - never really a dominating guy, but all he did was pitch deep and win.  He that with a Perfect Game.  I'm gonna throw a vote here.  You can't tell me in any point of his career you wouldn't have wanted him on your team.
Omar Vizquel - Defensive wizard.  No not "the Wizard" but 11 GG and good baserunning.  You don't play that long as a lighter hitter if you aren't making your team better.
Roger Clemens - another guy you love to hate but arguably the best pitcher in the history of baseball.
Sammy Sosa - 600+ HR.  I mean that alone should allow it.  Juiced?  Probably... Still incredible?  Definitely...
Tim Hudson - He's the right-handed Buehrle but I just can't.
Todd Helton - good numbers, all one team but really fell off in that entire second half of his career starting to digress quickly at age 32.  I mean that OPS+ is special but it was all in COL???
Torii Hunter - plus defender but I think known more for his moments that all-around greatness and between him and Andruw for this vote I went with Andruw even if he had 2 less years.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, posty said:

This right here proves how stupid you are-about baseball. Ortiz for sure, MAYBE ARoid, NEVER bonds, OR clemens. NO steroids, fake people vote for fake players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

This right here proves how stupid you are-about baseball. Ortiz for sure, MAYBE ARoid, NEVER bonds, OR clemens. NO steroids, fake people vote for fake players.

This here proves how stupid you are

MLB never released who tested positive for Steroids

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, posty said:

Yeah but who really cares anyway?

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah but who really cares anyway?

Ortiz was lovable by more than his own fans, the other 3 are gigantic cvvnts

On 11/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, avoiding injuries said:

Bonds, Clemens, Schilling are no brainers in their final year. I’ll add Sosa in his final year bc he and McGuire fully brought the game back in 1998 from the strike dip. 

As a Cubs fan, my favorite memory of Sosa was when he forgot English. That was a doozy. 

Jesus, before the BBWAA website would post the results right at 6pm, now we have to wait for this stupid announcement show...

Votes Percent Years on ballot
David Ortiz 307 77.9 1
Barry Bonds 260 66.0 10
Roger Clemens 257 65.2 10
Scott Rolen 249 63.2 5
Curt Schilling 231 58.6 10
Todd Helton 205 52.0 4
Billy Wagner 201 51.0 7
Andruw Jones 163 41.1 5
Gary Sheffield 160 40.6 8
Alex Rodriguez 135 34.3 1
Jeff Kent 129 32.7 9
Manny Ramirez 114 28.9 6
Omar Vizquel 94 23.9 5
Sammy Sosa 73 18.5 10
Andy Pettitte 42 10.7 4
Jimmy Rollins 37 9.4 1
Bobby Abreu 34 8.6 3
Mark Buehrle 23 5.8 2
Torii Hunter 21 5.3 2
Joe Nathan 17 4.3 1
Tim Hudson 12 3.0 2
Tim Lincecum 9 2.3 1
Ryan Howard 8 2.0 1
Mark Teixeira 6 1.5 1
Justin Morneau 5 1.3 1
Jonathan Papelbon 5 1.3 1
Prince Fielder 2 0.5 1
A.J. Pierzynski 2 0.5 1
Carl Crawford 0 0 1
Jake Peavy 0 0 1

I disavow the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Meaningless.  I know the greatest baseball players without this joke of a museum based on stupid old crumedgon baseball writers.

edit: actually I'm done with the entire sport and have been for a while now.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

I disavow the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Meaningless.  I know the greatest baseball players without this joke of a museum based on stupid old crumedgon baseball writers.

Agreed...

• Like 1

Ortiz in on first shot and Sheffield can’t get above 40 pct after 8 years? If you’re saying Ortiz was better that’s fine, but he wasn’t that much better. Fock the writers. 

Omar Vizquel  at twenty four pct? Did any of these clowns watch him play? Bet they fell all over themselves for Ozzie Smith. 

Glad A Rod didn’t get in, even though he should. 

Everyone’s hating on Big Papi making it in the HOF. Meanwhile, I’m over here loving that Mr Clutch himself got in first ballot 

Its time to let the juicers in.  There's already a few known juicers in there anyways. HOF is a joke anyways.  Too many compilers in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1