Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus

Giants fire OC Garrett

Just saw on ESPN that the Giants have fired offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. Not being a Giant fan, I really don't care much about it. But out of curiosity, I'd like to see your opinions on if he really needed to be let go, or if it's Danny dimes that the team needs to move on from.

Yes, " he really needed to be let go!!"

Good riddance!  Can't believe the G-Men hired him, after DAL's offense improved MARKEDLY once he gave play-calling duties to K. Clement.

Yes, now they need a new GM and also a new QB and Oline. 

Let’s spend on Tate and next year Golladay. That’s what we need!

They didn't do like the Cowboys and promote him to head coach for nearly a decade after he was a trash OC

I was able to get Barkley in a buy low deal while he was hurt, Phill11/other Giants fans...sounds like I should be encouraged by this move away from Garrett yes?

Last night was first game I really watched of G-Men/Barkley since early in season and offense did look bad, but curious on takes from fans who watch team regularly,

2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Yes, now they need a new GM and also a new QB and Oline. 

Let’s spend on Tate and next year Golladay. That’s what we need!

well, something wasnt working in New York.  and someone needed to pay.

Its not a huge surprise it was the OC.  I had higher expectations for this offense.   Granted with Barkley out much of the year, that hurts, but you gotta play through that stuff and make things work when players get hurt.  Other teams deal with injuries too  they are not sucking as bad as New York.

Gettleman has had four years to get the O line straightened out. I weep not for Garrett, but it doesn’t matter who the OC was, unless the line plays better it doesn’t matter. Will Hernanadez is a joke and Nate Solder is a statue. Thomas looks ok.  The rest is a rotating mess. 

Is there any hope for Golladay now?  I mean when healthy the guy produced with the Lions even when Stafford was out.  This whole season it seems like the Giants have had no clue how to get him involved.  It makes no sense to spend the free agent money and give him only 2 or 3 targets per game.

Also, I understand the issues with the O-line, but is it any worse than the Steelers?  Even they have been able to make some adjustments to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers with a well-past-his-prime Big Ben.

This will be a team to watch closely in the offseason for fantasy purposes.  They have the talent to have top 10 performers at QB, RB, TE, WR1 and WR2--if they can hire a coordinator who can use them all properly, and if they do a Chiefs job on the O-line in the draft and free agency--and you'll probly be able to get those top 10 talents for pennies on the dollar throughout most of the summer.

51 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This will be a team to watch closely in the offseason for fantasy purposes.  They have the talent to have top 10 performers at QB, RB, TE, WR1 and WR2--if they can hire a coordinator who can use them all properly, and if they do a Chiefs job on the O-line in the draft and free agency--and you'll probly be able to get those top 10 talents for pennies on the dollar throughout most of the summer.

This will be you’re same post about this team in 2023 also.  

18 hours ago, NAn said:

I was able to get Barkley in a buy low deal while he was hurt, Phill11/other Giants fans...sounds like I should be encouraged by this move away from Garrett yes?

Last night was first game I really watched of G-Men/Barkley since early in season and offense did look bad, but curious on takes from fans who watch team regularly,

I would be happy with the move, the Giants still have O-line issues so not expecting great things but hoping for less foolish mistakes. 

• Like 1

Move helps , doesn’t make them a lot better.  

4 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I would be happy with the move, the Giants still have O-line issues so not expecting great things but hoping for less foolish mistakes. 

on paper they should have been good.  and for a while it was looking like the line was going to be good.

then it just wasnt.   I am not sure if thats a coaching problem or a player/talent problem.

I am leaning towards coaching/player development.

it is possible with a new OC maybe a better system could be put into place that would make these guys perform better than they have.

no guarantees of course.   its also possible that the young players drafted could have already been ruined.   Hopefully not. 

we wont know until the new guy is hired.  I find it hard to believe the team could do worse than it has already so I am hopeful things improve.

• Like 1

GOOD RIDDANCE!

FREE KADARIUS TONEY!

The Giants have the next Tyreek Hill in their fold and what do they do after his breakout game?

1 hour ago, IN$TANT REPAY said:

GOOD RIDDANCE!

FREE KADARIUS TONEY!

The Giants have the next Tyreek Hill in their fold and what do they do after his breakout game?

When did thy pick up Mahomes?

Happy Thanksgiving