himmystyles

Pitts

Having Ridley out is killing his production!

Matt Ryan being trash isn't helping either

2 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Having Ridley out is killing his production!

Matt Ryan being trash isn't helping either

Agreed. Likely a classic case of once u bench him he will go off hahah. 

Just now, himmystyles said:

Agreed. Likely a classic case of once u bench him he will go off hahah. 

I have Dawson Knox on the bench.

I'm gonna have to do some real mental gymnastics to not start him and put Kyle on the bench

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I'm gonna have to do some real mental gymnastics to not start him and put Kyle on the bench

Same here lmao! I’ll prob go knox till proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

I wouldn’t think twice about starting Knox over Pitts.  

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

Winning move imo. 

11 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Is every team double teaming him now? Like come on this is brutal. 

if you were a defensive co-ordinator for any team playing his team, ask yourself this:

Who else on the team can hurt you?

the answer is nobody.

so yes, I'd double team him.  Triple team him if necessary.

force the team to beat you in some other way.  Because they cant do it.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if you were a defensive co-ordinator for any team playing his team, ask yourself this:

the answer is nobody.

Oh I agree. Doesn’t help my fantasy team tho hahah

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Winning move imo. 

I hope so

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the answer is nobody.

Cordarelle Patterson has been a godsend for me at RB, 

Still having trouble believing that one...

he is killing me as well.. i have nothing on the bench for help at TE

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the answer is nobody.

Patterson.....killing it this year.

yeah pitts is going to my bench i think till otherwise....i have lamb, pittman, aiyuk, van jefferson, gronk, corey davis and toney....and can start up to 5 of them..i think its time to put pitts back on my bench and stop hoping....the falcons offense is just a wreck and its amazing that patterson keeps churning out production

i cant say ive watched a ton of falcons games this year....but i will say this.....i think part of the problem is that they are treating pitts like a wr and not an in line tight end....pitts is what? 6-5/6-6? 245-250lbs? im sorry but you need him working in line ...i know hes fast and freakish for his size....and weve seen him make plays already....but you need the threat of him being in line and doing stuff there like blocking .....it will make him much more dangerous and hard to predict.....putting him out wide and them putting a big corner on him with help is going to be tough to consistently beat and get big production.....especially with ridley out....maybe with ridley things open up more....but i think pitts needs to work/act like a traditional TE more in the offense to truly be a huge threat....hes not a WR

Pitts is 8th in avg 1/2 ppr.  

Im not sure what ff owners expected from a rookie te, who’s on a bad team, and is being used at te and wr in his rookie season. 

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

I hope so

Knox is producing. 

38 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Knox is producing. 

Yes he is 

He's having a Julius Thomas type season

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Pitts is 8th in avg 1/2 ppr.  

Im not sure what ff owners expected from a rookie te, who’s on a bad team, and is being used at te and wr in his rookie season. 

Freamuth is a rookie who barely played to start the season. Being a rookie has nothing to do with it. It’s where you picked him that is the issue. I have an issue. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Freamuth is a rookie who barely played to start the season. Being a rookie has nothing to do with it. It’s where you picked him that is the issue. I have an issue. 

We agree, you’re issue started draft day, unless one was drafting in a keeper league, in a redraft league Pitts was being valued way to high for a rookie te.  

Freamuth as a rookie was in a much better position to have rookie success based on the team he went to and surrounding talent. N

2 hours ago, himmystyles said:

JT fantasy legend! 

He played a big part on a championship team of mine

Thomas has a very good matchup.  

I have Pitts & Knox not sure why Pitts is rated so high and Knox lower but until Pitts can prove himself i'll be starting Knox regardless of matchup

On 12/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Tuxedosam said:

I have Pitts & Knox not sure why Pitts is rated so high and Knox lower but until Pitts can prove himself i'll be starting Knox regardless of matchup

I was tempted to still go Pitts with them likely chasing points in a good matchup, but even against NE I think I’m going Knox as well. Can’t be taking 5 points again in playoff races. 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Tuxedosam said:

It's the match up, the Patriots are brutal against TEs this season

would anyone else consider starting pitts over jefferson in this situation? im kind contemplating it

i have javonte and mixon as my backs

so ill be starting 5 receivers.....lamb(already played) pittman, gronk and aiyuk...i have jefferson(toney, c davis and pitts on bench) in there now but am considering swapping him for pitts.......i know the rams are one of those teams that will still throw when they have a lead....just wondering...i mean jefferson is struggling with drops....obj is gonna play and is a presence.....i know gb is no cake walk but jefferson had like 10 targets and only 3 catches last week...stafford is banged up.......its a tough call....ATL offense is brutal though and its been hard to watch and trust pitts...hes earned a spot on my bench but im at least considering it

17 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

would anyone else consider starting pitts over jefferson in this situation? im kind contemplating it

so ill be starting 5 receivers.....lamb(already played) pittman, gronk and aiyuk...i have jefferson(toney, c davis and pitts on bench) in there now but am considering swapping him for pitts.......i know the rams are one of those teams that will still throw when they have a lead....just wondering...i mean jefferson is struggling with drops....obj is gonna play and is a presence.....i know gb is no cake walk but jefferson had like 10 targets and only 3 catches last week...stafford is banged up.......its a tough call....ATL offense is brutal though and its been hard to watch and trust pitts...hes earned a spot on my bench but im at least considering it

Van Jefferson, I thought at first you were talking about Justin, lol

I would probably play him over Pitts at this point. He seems to catch some long balls, and can have a pretty big game.

It's kind of random, but I think he has a better shot at it than Pitts right now

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

Van Jefferson, I thought at first you were talking about Justin, lol

I would probably play him over Pitts at this point. He seems to catch some long balls, and can have a pretty big game.

It's kind of random, but I think he has a better shot at it than Pitts right now

thanks for the input! and yes i should have specified but if it was justin? hahaha you know i wouldnt be asking! i wish! 

yeah its true...jefferson has big play potential...and he could have had another TD last week if not for a drop....he def has a better shot at exploding and having a big game....i think youre right and i prob should leave it as is

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

It's the match up, the Patriots are brutal against TEs this season

Would you still go Knox over Pitts this weekend? 

2 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Would you still go Knox over Pitts this weekend? 

I'm still going back and forth on that one

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I'm still going back and forth on that one

Same. Stinking suspicion it might be a case of bench him and he goes off lol. Knox likely has a safer floor but a more limited ceiling based on matchup. 

48 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Same. Stinking suspicion it might be a case of bench him and he goes off lol. Knox likely has a safer floor but a more limited ceiling based on matchup. 

I'm looking at the weather reports for the game in Buffalo.

Doesn't look so good for passing. Supposed to be cold, wet, and very windy. As to where Atlanta, playing in a dome.

Looking more and more like Pitts, again...

37 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Doesn't look so good for passing. Supposed to be cold, wet, and very windy. As to where Atlanta, playing in a dome.

Thanks for the info! Lmk what your final decision is but I’m now leaning Pitts after being dead set against it lmao

9 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Thanks for the info! Lmk what your final decision is but I’m now leaning Pitts after being dead set against it lmao

I have Pitts in my starting line up right now. They play at 1 pm Sunday.

If I change between now and then, I'll post, otherwise, that's it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

🏈☔️ Quick update to the NFL Weather forecast:
- Pulled rain chances from SEA w/ game being flexed to the afternoon.
- Chicago the most likely game to see rain.
- BUF windiest pre-game, but still gusty (especially the first half), winding down. https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl 

11 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

🏈☔️ Quick update to the NFL Weather forecast:
- Pulled rain chances from SEA w/ game being flexed to the afternoon.
- Chicago the most likely game to see rain.
- BUF windiest pre-game, but still gusty (especially the first half), winding down. https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl 

👍

It's the time of year where you have to start looking at stuff like that.

Games in cold, windy, possibly icy, open stadium games up North, vs domes and Sunny, 60 degree weather in the Southern states, have to factor that in

10 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

I would go with Pitts 

Tough one , good luck.