Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Annual Dalvin Cook injury thread

Cook twisted awkwardly and fumbled while being tackled.  Screamed in pain, grabbed toward his left upper chest area.  All players on field taking a knee.  Carted off field.

Shoulder injury - per NFL Redzone.

Darn it, and Mccaffery on another team was in a boot.  

Life as a ff owner.  

Almost like deja vu...

"2.08 Dalvin Cook
Æ™ Rating: Overrated
With a 17 game season this year, Cook owners will be without him for an extra week, once he makes his perennial early exit, stiffing his owners for their playoff run.  For as long as he's healthy, he's an advantage--but you can't count on him to be around at the end of the year."

I'd almost rather he get it fixed now and end his season, so I don't have to hold onto him another 5 weeks just to make he doesn't score 20 against me in the fantasy playoffs. :bench:

Fortunately hand-cuffed Mattison in the one $ league I have Cook.

So with the CMC news, would folks rather have Hubbard or Mattison?  In the games I’ve used Mattison there hasn’t been that much drop off from Cook honestly.

Mattison 

• Like 1

So now it's not a tear/separation and he's only day-to-day, per the Vikings coach?  How could the initial diagnosis be so far off?  I know my reaction to seeing the play was that it looked like nothing.  Why is there so much weirdness surrounding Cook this year?

A labrum tear means you can't lift your arm above your head such as lifting a non-automatic garage door.  I don't really see if affecting him once the swelling goes down.  Baker Mayfield dislocated his shoulder and has a completely torn labrum and missed one game. 

When will Zimmer be fired? In year 8 with 3 good seasons on his record and an endless barrage of poor decisions and reckless team management. And yes, it's reckless to have Cook come back from a dislocated shoulder this quickly. Cook has proven to be injury-prone. You have a great backup (who is the organization is not as heavily invested in). Play him.

And yes, I have Mattison, but I have other players I can use. The point is this is irresponsible. 

Not sure this is good news for people owning Cook & Mattison, at least not for this week. I’d rather Mattison get the full workload instead of starting Cooks and he gets pulled early. 

It’s good news for Cook owners next week and beyond at least, as long as he doesn’t aggravate the injury this week. Hope he sits this one out and is back next Sunday 

I don't believe Cook was really injured.  That was my reaction when I saw the play originally, and that's what I think even more so now that he's returning from an allegedly separated shoulder after missing 1 week.  Who knows what's going on with this guy mentally.

• Confused 1

Oh my soul 195 yards two tds.  

22 hours ago, WR Guru said:

I don't believe Cook was really injured.  That was my reaction when I saw the play originally, and that's what I think even more so now that he's returning from an allegedly separated shoulder after missing 1 week.  Who knows what's going on with this guy mentally.

I think he was injured, but I suspect the team exaggerated the severity to gain an advantage (as is the way with most players on the injury list)

As a fantasy owner, if hes not right mentally,  and it results in the 205 yards rushing and 2 TDs on 27 carries I'm honestly ok with it.

but seriously I have found often when a player gets hurt, its not always the play you think it is that caused the injury.  sometimes it happend a few plays earlier and then the player starts to feel it a few minutes after and realizes they better take themselves out.

hard to say for sure.

Either way, Cook put up a Monster game.   I started him in one of my leagues and I'm not complaining.