Sign in to follow this  
Let Da Big Dog Eat

It May Be Time For An Anti-Tanking Rule

Vudu Balls and Neckbeards played lineups this week that were either ignoring lineup setting (hopefully) or Tanking for draft position.  To get the discussion going, I would suggest that a league vote be instituted when Tanking AFFECTS the outcome of a game.  The Tanker would be penalized for the next draft as if they had won the game by league vote.

Hopefully, the discussion alone is enough to stop anyone from any thought of Tanking.  At least to me, to even be the subject of such a discussion would be horrendously  embarrassing.

Are you sure you're not confusing tanking with having a really crappy team?

how many games were impacted (plus the carryover for teams competing for PO spots)?

On 11/29/2021 at 1:18 PM, cbfalcon said:

I endorse any and all rule changes to dissuade tanking. 

Spoken like a true tanker.

:banana:

Sorry, late to this topic.  I assume this was my Thanksgiving lineup.  I did have an inactive CeeDee Lamb in my lineup and I apologize for that.  I thought he was going to be able to play when I set the lineup and I was not able to change it due to the holidays.  Not an excuse, but it is what happened.  I think that is the only instance of a player being inactive that has been in my lineup this year.  And I dont think it impacted the outcome of the game.  I have been making my best lineup each week with the roster and information I have, and I am all for any anti-tanking rules.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:24 PM, Bigtraine said:

Sorry, late to this topic.  I assume this was my Thanksgiving lineup.  I did have an inactive CeeDee Lamb in my lineup and I apologize for that.  I thought he was going to be able to play when I set the lineup and I was not able to change it due to the holidays.  Not an excuse, but it is what happened.  I think that is the only instance of a player being inactive that has been in my lineup this year.  And I dont think it impacted the outcome of the game.  I have been making my best lineup each week with the roster and information I have, and I am all for any anti-tanking rules.

Nicely said and totally understood. Appreciate it :thumbsup:

On 11/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

Vudu Balls and Neckbeards played lineups this week that were either ignoring lineup setting (hopefully) or Tanking for draft position.  To get the discussion going, I would suggest that a league vote be instituted when Tanking AFFECTS the outcome of a game.  The Tanker would be penalized for the next draft as if they had won the game by league vote.

Hopefully, the discussion alone is enough to stop anyone from any thought of Tanking.  At least to me, to even be the subject of such a discussion would be horrendously  embarrassing.

I agree with most of this,  but discussion is obviously first and foremost.