Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Christian McCaffrey out for the year

I held onto Chuba for a reason

Staying healthy is a talent in itself, and CMC just doesn't have it. Though plenty of blame can be put on the Panthers for overusing him massively in 2018 and 2019.

2 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

Staying healthy is a talent in itself, and CMC just doesn't have it. Though plenty of blame can be put on the Panthers for overusing him massively in 2018 and 2019.

Emmitt has said as much, many times, he would certainly know.

Of course that was back when they were RBs.

Today I think a lot of them are just track stars who carry the ball.

Chuba Chuba….I got Chuba!

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe now Robby Anderson can finally start to shine.

Let's not go crazy

One minute he’s going to be good to go after their bye week, now not so much.  

Life as a ff owner. 

45 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

He’ll join Saquon on my DND list for 2022 unless they drop to like the 3rd round.

I'm not sure I'd even take them in the 3rd.  That's still a valuable round.  I'd say no earlier than 6th, maybe 7th before I felt comfortable. 

In fact, I don't like to risk ANY of my top 10 picks, TBH.  They're all valuable to me.

I would take them in the third round. 

This is why, after my byes, I try to add high-end RB backups. I don't consider Hubbard that, but he's not bad. Last week, I was able to add Mattison in two leagues. That's turned out very well! And before you chime in with "what kind of league has Mattison available? Is it a bunch of idiots? A 4-teamer?" No. I just play in leagues that don't have an endless bench. Teams can't afford a bench spot for a player who can't be used to cover byes or injuries. 

Pollard is already gone. He plays. This week I'm gonna try for Herbert. Maybe Michel. 

Never again.  I've had him in a keeper since his rookie year.  Next year I'll be looking to deal him for a pick before the draft.  Hope to get a 1st or 2nd to an idiot owner.  This guy is, BY FAR, the most fragile superstar I've ever seen.  He makes Mostert and Fred Taylor look like absolute ironmen.  FU Christian.  Next year when you miss 8 weeks due to a strained ovary, I'll be laughing my ass off

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe now Robby Anderson can finally start to shine.

He didn’t when MCM was on IR weeks 4-8.  He scored a whopping 22.9 total in my 1/2 ppr league in that span.

So, tell me how that picking a running back in the first five picks of the first round is going for you.

McCaffrey

Cook

Henry

Kamara

Barkley

zeke

14 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

So, tell me how that picking a running back in the first five picks of the first round is going for you.

McCaffrey

Cook

Henry

Kamara

Barkley

zeke

So if you don't go RB, what are you doing then?  Adams has been good.  Hill has been up and down.  People were ready to kill Kelce a few weeks ago.  Mahomes has sucked.  Allen hasn't been great.  Waller has sucked.  Even the end 1st/early 2nd backs have been hit or miss (Chubb, Jones, Gibson, etc).  Christ I may trade my first rd picks next year for a 3rd and a 4th or something.

Regardless, if CMC ever does come back, he needs to be used like Deebo, CPat, etc.  Quit running him up the middle every play, because he's not built for it.  Play him in the slot, give him 8-10 carries a game and 8-10 targets a game.  

Still looking rb early first round , mid to late first round I’ll look at rb/wr.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

And look for Henry to be hurt more and more, too many carries = a short career.

Henry is in his sixth year. The average nfl career is 3.3 years. And Frank Gore and AP say hi. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Henry is in his sixth year. The average nfl career is 3.3 years. And Frank Gore and AP say hi. 

Now WTH was that punk, $mart@SS response for? Drop the man-crush, .

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The average career of a RB is reportedly 2.6 years, although I wonder if that's limited to RB's who were actually drafted in the NFL draft.  Otherwise, aren't they including undrafted players who not surprisingly get cut quickly?

My guess is if they limited it to RBs from the first 4 rounds, the average career would be slightly over 4 years, which is the end of a standard rookie contract.

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Now WTH was that punk, $mart@SS response for? Drop the man-crush, .

Henry's career carries from rookie-on are 110, 176, 215, 303, 378, 299, 384. When RBs start logging 300 carries a year they start to get hurt/banged up/retired. If you'd stop dreaming about men maybe you'd catch onto things like this. Once again, really enjoyed Red Sox ending your season, HAHAHAHA. Now please stop responding on my posts, let us normies talk about football, maybe you can join a gay site, look up some guys there and chase their posts. Please drop the obsession with me, okay? Have a good day.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Still looking rb early first round , mid to late first round I’ll look at rb/wr.  

I would draft Johnathan Taylor top 5 and that's about it.

Maybe Ekeler or Mixon, maybe...

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

The average career of a RB is reportedly 2.6 years, although I wonder if that's limited to RB's who were actually drafted in the NFL draft.  Otherwise, aren't they including undrafted players who not surprisingly get cut quickly?

My guess is if they limited it to RBs from the first 4 rounds, the average career would be slightly over 4 years, which is the end of a standard rookie contract.

Now that sounds more realistic, I don't know where he got his "facts". 

21 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I would draft Johnathan Taylor top 5 and that's about it.

Maybe Ekeler or Mixon, maybe...

It’s a long time until my next draft, I’m sure things will be more clear for me by than, if anyone recalls I said I only liked Four Rbs in the first round going into this season, next probably about the same amount, so early yea I’ll go rb.  

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s a long time until my next draft, I’m sure things will be more clear for me by than, if anyone recalls I said I only liked Four Rbs in the first round going into this season, next probably about the same amount, so early yea I’ll go rb.  

This is about the thinnest I've ever seen RBs.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of potential, but practically no reliability

4 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

So if you don't go RB, what are you doing then?  Adams has been good.  Hill has been up and down.  People were ready to kill Kelce a few weeks ago.  Mahomes has sucked.  Allen hasn't been great.  Waller has sucked.  Even the end 1st/early 2nd backs have been hit or miss (Chubb, Jones, Gibson, etc).  Christ I may trade my first rd picks next year for a 3rd and a 4th or something.

You hope and pray for the last pick in your draft.  In a 12 teamer....Getting Kelce & Taylor looks pretty good.  Or T.Hill & Mixon.  

I think with injuries so prevalent, Having the 12/13 picks are more valuable than being one of the first 5 picks.  I got Adams at 6 and happy with it.  But would have liked to be the last pick....always has been my favorite draft position.

5 hours ago, Law said:

This is why, after my byes, I try to add high-end RB backups. I don't consider Hubbard that, but he's not bad. Last week, I was able to add Mattison in two leagues. That's turned out very well! And before you chime in with "what kind of league has Mattison available? Is it a bunch of idiots? A 4-teamer?" No. I just play in leagues that have an endless bench. Teams can't afford a bench spot for a player who can't be used to cover byes or injuries. 

Pollard is already gone. He plays. This week I'm gonna try for Herbert. Maybe Michel. 

Nice work ! Law 

I had Chubba 

unfortunately I dropped Chubba a week ago for a QB to cover Mahomes bye 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, justforbeer said:

McCaffrey

Cook

Henry

Kamara

Barkley

zeke

Zeke is in the area of 6th/7th total RB points, and top 10 in RB PPG. Nothing outstanding, but he's chugging along, fairly consistently.

I drafted from the 7 hole in a 10 team.

7. A.JONES 

14. ECKLER 

27. j.jefferson

34. mclaurin

47. lockett

54. hockenson

67. cooks

74. hurts

87. HENDERSON

Picked up Patterson week 3 & traded for Gibson 2 weeks ago. 

Barring injury,  running backs win championships......depth is key.

Agreed. and no need to draft a te in the 6th.  

If somehow you have two of the top three running back’s than sure you could probably win the championship but that’s not always the case.

In fact last year I lost because Derek henry sucked in the final week of our championship and I ended up in second place.

I actually am a firm believer in the quarterback wide receiver combo winning championships. Brady to Moss was lethal. Manning and Harrison/Wayne what is a killer. Culpepper to Moss, Brees to Thomas, And this year could be Mahomes to hill.  If you have that combo that will win you a championship.  I have seen it time and time again. 

The running back wins championships is a Mirage. You have to be lucky with that game plan as most teams try to do that. Most fail..

Rb and WRs wins championships.  Worked back in 1988, and works today.  

Thanks. 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, weepaws said:

Rb and WRs wins championships.  Worked back in 1988, and works today.  

Thanks. 

RB's for sure.

As for WR's it depends on your format.   all my leagues start 3.  I have found because of the depth of talent at WR, its not necessary to load up on WR early. 

you only really need one Stud WR.

if you draft well, you can get decent WR later in your draft without a problem.

What you cant get late in your draft is a Good RB (not usually) 

So considering how hard it is to find a RB or replace one during the season if you have an injury, the smart move is to load up on RB early if you are able.

of course this strategy may vary depending on the rules of your league but I think its still good general advice overall.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, justforbeer said:

If somehow you have two of the top three running back’s than sure you could probably win the championship but that’s not always the case.

In fact last year I lost because Derek henry sucked in the final week of our championship and I ended up in second place.

I actually am a firm believer in the quarterback wide receiver combo winning championships. Brady to Moss was lethal. Manning and Harrison/Wayne what is a killer. Culpepper to Moss, Brees to Thomas, And this year could be Mahomes to hill.  If you have that combo that will win you a championship.  I have seen it time and time again. 

The running back wins championships is a Mirage. You have to be lucky with that game plan as most teams try to do that. Most fail..

you need balance on your team.

the only problem with taking a QB-WR combo is that you are tying your fate to that of the team.

and if your QB gets hurt, likely you lose 2 players.   The QB (who is out) and the WR who now has a scrub throwing him the ball.

so there is higher risk there, but also higher potential rewards.

thats a scenario I'd consider if the team plays weaker Defenses during the playoff weeks and if neither player has a history of getting injured.

but you need talent throughout the lineup and good health to win and usually one or two astute Free agent/waiver wire pickups.