Sign in to follow this  
Wargod

Are you playoff bound? Why or why not?

Sadly no for me, too many points allowed against me. It just didn't click this year. Still a love/hate relationship though. 

Maybe next year I can find that hidden gem to push me over the top. But good luck to those who are gonna make it!

• Thanks 2

Mathematically yes...9-3. Currently 1st place. Good shot at #1 seed. Running back depth got me here.

Yep

In two leagues I own the best win lost record plus number one in total points , in my third leagues I’m fifth in win lost record and in total points.  All four leagues only four teams make the playoffs. 

Thank you Jesus.  

I'm sitting pretty in 3rd right now, the league standings say I have a 99% chance to make the playoffs.

Pretty good considering the league power rankings had me ranked dead last at the start of the season, and the rate my team thing on another fantasy site said my team was bad and had something like a 15% chance to make the playoffs.

It's a dynasty team, and I'm in the 2nd year of a rebuilding process that's going along about as well as I could have hoped for.

I've gotten my team in contention with several good waiver wire pick ups, like Cordarelle Patterson, and a couple of good trades, getting Cooper Kupp has been the single most important thing. I went into the season with practically nothing at RB but Antonio Gibson and now I have 4-5 solid RBs.

It's a team that doesn't necessarily stand out on paper with a bunch of big names, but the team is deep, and if match ups are played correctly, can put up a lot of points.

Reminds me a whole lot of the team I had when I won an improbable championship back in 2017. Knock on wood...

12-2 currently 1st place in a 14 team league I grabbed kelce couple good qb's early on ...my goal was to stock my bench with wr's & rb's nothing worse then clogging your bench with shitty te's & qb's 

Out of the top 10 rb's this week 3 came from the waivers 

Pretty sure same could be said for wr's (haven't looked)

Started out as top scoring team in our league for the first 6 weeks. Since then, Mahomes has become erratic, lost D. Henry, Logan Thomas, and now D. Cook. Will be holding on for my life to make the playoffs now but still have a chance.

Not likely sitting at 5-7.  Lost twice to the highest scoring team with the second highest score.  Injuries and inconsistent play from my # 1 metcalf and number 2 scary Terry WRs in a full PPR didn’t help  

my 2 QB league I am sitting in 2nd with a 9-3 record.   my work league I'm tied for 3rd with an 8-4 record.  barring something unforseen both should make the playoffs.  as it is my last year in the work league I'm hoping to leave a champion.

Three $ leagues, and will make the playoffs in all 3.  Looking like I’ll be the 3rd-4th seeded team in all 3…one league has a dominant team, the other two don’t, so solid chance of winning 2/3.

My teams are a mix.  One is RB heavy (Ekeler, Patterson, Gibson, Jacobs), one is WR heavy (Hill, Chase, Pittman), the third is more balanced.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, Wargod said:

Sadly no for me, too many points allowed against me. It just didn't click this year. Still a love/hate relationship though. 

Maybe next year I can find that hidden gem to push me over the top. But good luck to those who are gonna make it!

I’m similar. I have the most points scored against me, and have 4th most points scored in the league, but am 9-15 (play two teams each week). Every week when CBS does their matchup preview email, I grate at the stat I always see: this week it’s “Rushin’ Collusion would be 17-7 had they played such-and-such’s schedule”. Bad luck throughout year. Two weeks ago, face Taylor’s 5 TD. Last week, got Fournette’s 4 TDs. Had QB slot left blank after Dak didn’t play when I expected him to. Lost Waller twice during games. Lost Woods for the year. Started favored D/ST that crapped the bed, while my other D/ST explodes. Crap like that.

Sometimes you’re the hammer, other times the nail. This year was all nails.

I suffered from "points against". Teams scored an average of 30 more points per week against me than anybody else in the league, I was boat-raced every week! AND I believed the glowing ratings weekly too much on Lamar-actually dropped his sorry butt, I'll play Cousins instead, he actually cares about his teammates and winning while Lamar is more worried about how his hair looks. Playoff hopes? Hanging by a thread, probably won't though.

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

I suffered from "points against". Teams scored an average of 30 more points per week against me than anybody else in the league, I was boat-raced every week! AND I believed the glowing ratings weekly too much on Lamar-actually dropped his sorry butt, I'll play Cousins instead, he actually cares about his teammates and winning while Lamar is more worried about how his hair looks. Playoff hopes? Hanging by a thread, probably won't though.

Sure you did. No waivers in your league? 

In my League I have the last playoff slot by percentage points.  A few stupid losses where I had a few players not produce while lesser teams just had some guy go off crazy.   I’m only 7-5 but am the highest scoring team in the league.  Injuries haven’t helped either but my squad can be boom or bust at times.

The largest money league I am in I am likely going to end up with a BYE for week 15. 

Would really help if by week 16 Kamara and Antonio are back. 

1) C McCaffery 2) A Robinson 3) J Jefferson 4) R Mostert 5) K Hunt 6) R Jones 7) A Thielen -8) C Davis 9) A Brown

Started 0-4 and lowest points. Now I'm happy to just be 5-7 and middle of the pack in points (good waiver moves). Also sort of made the playoffs if you count the playoffs as starting this week. Gotta Gonna win out!

11 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Very courageous of you to play Cousins against Detroit.  Good luck! 

2nd place in a 10 team pts only league. 60 points behind because the 1st place guy had one of those weeks we only experience 2 or 3 times a decade.

Week 5 Brady 400+ yds & 5 TD's, etc

Reasons I'm 'only' 60 down: Deebo Samuel - Justin Jefferson - Cordarrelle Patterson - Austin Ekeler

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Very courageous of you to play Cousins against Detroit.  Good luck! 

Ha Ha!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

2nd place in a 10 team pts only league. 60 points behind because the 1st place guy had one of those weeks we only experience 2 or 3 times a decade.

Week 5 Brady 400+ yds & 5 TD's, etc

Reasons I'm 'only' 60 down: Deebo Samuel - Justin Jefferson - Cordarrelle Patterson - Austin Ekeler

I remember, about the best week I've ever had, was when I finished first place and had a bye the first round of the playoffs.

My team went off and scored 244 pts, when it didn't count, they were the top scoring team at about 125 per game.

The next week, of course, completely sh!t the bed and I lost 90-82!  :wall:

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I remember, about the best week I've ever had, was when I finished first place and had a bye the first round of the playoffs.

My team went off and scored 244 pts, when it didn't count, they were the top scoring team at about 125 per game.

The next week, of course, completely sh!t the bed and I lost 90-82!  :wall:

244 pts WOW!

5 leagues-

1st place- waited a long time on quarterback and ended up taking Jalen Hurts in the 9th round. That and Jonathan Taylor as my first round pick have carried me.

1st  place- Chubb and Ekeler as my first two picks and just riding it out waiver wire wise for the rest of the team. 

1st place- my team was pretty good coming off the draft. Grabbed Patterson off the waiver wire early. And Dalvin Cook being out didn't hurt as I grabbed Mattison and just plugged him in where necessary.

5th place- team is loaded coming out of the draft and I've had the most points scored against me.

9th place- just bad luck up and down. Had depth out of the draft but we have short benches and everyone got injured on my team and I couldn't keep up cycling people out. Plus a ton of points scored against me in that league on top of it. 

244 pts WOW!

Yep, if I remember correctly, my lowest scorer, Patriots D/ST got me 16 pts, which was 1 pt more than my highest scorer the next week when it counted

Just now, polecatt said:

Yep, if I remember correctly, my lowest scorer, Patriots D/ST got me 16 pts, which was 1 pt more than my highest scorer the next week when it counted

That's just plain brutal!

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

That's just plain brutal!

Yes it is! 🤣

We've all got our fantasy football battle scars...

5 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Ha Ha!

Yo Ms. S O B, when you go 15-0 in your league, set 4 all time untouchable records while your first pick (Jamal Charles) got knocked out for the season, then you can come back and spew your BS- until then shut up. Go hug your BF, that trumpadour phag. 

22 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

You should probably just stick to your candy crush games

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

You should probably just stick to your candy crush games

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is that something you play with your simpleton's? Never heard of it, sorry-is it a gay thing?

16 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Queers love Queers.................carry on PHAGS......................

Wow, you have some serious issues. 

• Haha 1

Me? Issues? You and your butt-buddies are the ones that dogpile my posts out of jealousy...........you're just like those flies that hover around the cow pies out in the field-annoying, always there, and you stink.

20 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Me? Issues? You and your butt-buddies are the ones that dogpile my posts out of jealousy...........you're just like those flies that hover around the cow pies out in the field-annoying, always there, and you stink.

I'm a staunch heterosexual thank you. I also voted for Trump.......twice. See how irrational that makes you ?

Studies have shown that people who accuse others of being homosexual, are in fact homosexuals themselves.

PS: Thanks for explaining to all of us why doctors sometimes slap the mother when a child is born.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently 6-6 in 7th place 

12 team league 

top 8 to the playoffs 

funny how I’m actually amazed at  my spot currently drafting Mahomes pick 1

i had not known at the time he had become a new father proud papa of a brand new child ❤️
congrats to him however yeah that can be a head spinner for sure .

looks like 72 % chance of making playoffs 

I’m currently the back to back champion of the league and it feels unreal possibility of making playoffs again 

1 hour ago, SF Forty Niners said:

Currently 6-6 in 7th place 

12 team league 

top 8 to the playoffs 

funny how I’m actually amazed at  my spot currently drafting Mahomes pick 1

i had not known at the time he had become a new father proud papa of a brand new child ❤️
congrats to him however yeah that can be a head spinner for sure .

looks like 72 % chance of making playoffs 

I’m currently the back to back champion of the league and it feels unreal possibility of making playoffs again 

Just make the playoffs, you never know what's gonna happen, good luck. I hope your 49ers (Aiyuk, Mitchell) come through for me this week.

• Thanks 1

I'm a staunch heterosexual thank you. I also voted for Trump.......twice. See how irrational that makes you ?

Studies have shown that people who accuse others of being homosexual, are in fact homosexuals themselves.

PS: Thanks for explaining to all of us why doctors sometimes slap the mother when a child is born.

Wow, you're SO defensive that it makes it look like I tell the truth! Carry on, Brokeback Mtn boy.

my main keeper this is the 1st time in a long time I'm not in the playoff. Started rebuilding last year and now my team sucks.

League #2 I'm in the hunt because karma is a . . . . . . . . . you know.  Couple owners did what I consider shady stuff at the draft and through out the season.  You reap what you sow.

Made it in 2 out of 3. High stakes auction and low stakes dynasty both have a shot at the bye week still.  Didn't make it in my redraft league with my high school friends, battled to the end but ended up on the outside looking in