Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

2022 stash

dynasty and keepers who are you stashing now hoping they will breakout in 2022?

Travis Etienne, Deshaun Watson

I've been stashing Trey Lance on the bench all season.

Chuba Hubbard too, but I started him a few weeks earlier when CMC was out.

I have Tony Pollard on the bench too, for the same sort of reason. I'll have to wait that one out over the offseason though, see how Zeke is going into next season

Holding onto Kadarius Toney in my keeper leagues.  Weeks 4 & 5 showed his potential but he’s been inconsistent/injured since.  Worth keeping going into 2022.

If I was in a keeper league I would hang unto Pitts.  

And even with Rodgers leaving the Packers this offseason, I think that’s going to happen , I would keep Dillon.  

Also R Moore Zona I would keep  

J Williams is another I would keep if you have him on your roster   

Dobbins is going to be an interesting one next season , coming back from his major injury. 

42 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Dobbins is going to be an interesting one next season , coming back from his major injury. 

He was my last draft choice. Was either him or Akers and Akers Achilles scares me more than Dobbins ACL. 

Yea Akers is going to be another interesting one, never know how they might rebound or how quickly. 

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

I've been stashing Trey Lance on the bench all season.

Chuba Hubbard too, but I started him a few weeks earlier when CMC was out.

I have Tony Pollard on the bench too, for the same sort of reason. I'll have to wait that one out over the offseason though, see how Zeke is going into next season

Not sure about Lance.  I dont think hes good enough to unseat Garoppolo.   His game truly reminds me of Teebow (both the good and the bad).  

Shanny can make it work if he has to but I'm not sure hes ready.  if he was, hed have unseated Jimmy G by now.

but if the team trades Garoppolo I guess he will play no matter what.

Either way, hes as good a lotto ticket as any here.  Running QB's can be a gold mine, so the potential reward makes the risk worthwhile.

I have mixed feelings about Chubba too.  In exhibition he looked horrible when I watched him.  at that point I figured the only thing he had going for him was a cool name. 

I admit  I never got the chance to watch him play when he was starting those couple of games, and I heard good things so maybe my sample size was too small in terms of watching the guy.  but if he truly can play, once again, a worthwhile player to stash.

Pollard has the upside for sure. Potentially the most upside of anyone here.  I'd be surprised if a team didnt offer Dallas a good player for him (and maybe a draft pick)  but if hes on the same roster as Zeke, his upside will always be limited.  I think hes good enough to start somewhere.  Question is... what plans does Dallas have?

Dallas certainly has needs elsewhere on their roster, so I would hope they'd unload him (Or Zeke) to get players and/or picks that can help them elsewhere.

either way,  all nice lotto tickets.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Not sure about Lance.  I dont think hes good enough to unseat Garoppolo.   His game truly reminds me of Teebow (both the good and the bad).  

Shanny can make it work if he has to but I'm not sure hes ready.  if he was, hed have unseated Jimmy G by now.

but if the team trades Garoppolo I guess he will play no matter what.

Either way, hes as good a lotto ticket as any here.  Running QB's can be a gold mine, so the potential reward makes the risk worthwhile.

I have mixed feelings about Chubba too.  In exhibition he looked horrible when I watched him.  at that point I figured the only thing he had going for him was a cool name. 

I admit  I never got the chance to watch him play when he was starting those couple of games, and I heard good things so maybe my sample size was too small in terms of watching the guy.  but if he truly can play, once again, a worthwhile player to stash.

Pollard has the upside for sure. Potentially the most upside of anyone here.  I'd be surprised if a team didnt offer Dallas a good player for him (and maybe a draft pick)  but if hes on the same roster as Zeke, his upside will always be limited.  I think hes good enough to start somewhere.  Question is... what plans does Dallas have?

Dallas certainly has needs elsewhere on their roster, so I would hope they'd unload him (Or Zeke) to get players and/or picks that can help them elsewhere.

either way,  all nice lotto tickets.

I'm not as high on Lance as I was starting the season. My lotto ticker from last season, Justin Herbert, turned to be the powerball jackpot of lotto tickets. I was planning on keeping him on the bench all season the same way, and he ended up by my starter by week 3. If Lance can turn into a decent running QB, I have the best of both worlds and a hell of a streaming combo for years to come.

The thing about Chuba, he's in a very unique but potentially valuable position. His role next season will be the same as it this season, CMC's back up.I don't think CMC has a season left in him where he plays more than 8 games. So Chuba should get plenty of starts. When he does, he's their unchallenged RB1. So he's gonna get plenty of touches in those games. Is on CMC's level of talent? Not within a country mile! He is a pretty decent between the tackles guy, can bust one outside occasionally, catch a few passes too. That's very nice for RB depth. For half the season or so, it's like having an extra RB2. It could be this way for another two seasons even.

Pollard, see what I said above about Chuba, except with Pollard, he's not an RB2 if he's starting, he's an RB1. If I was really in a bind one week at RB, I could even see starting him when Zeke is healthy. He still gets some touches, and potentially even a kickoff TD like last week.

They could all three be pretty good trade bait too. If I want to make a deal in the offseason, I could throw any of them in a mix of players for nice return

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

I'm not as high on Lance as I was starting the season. My lotto ticker from last season, Justin Herbert, turned to be the powerball jackpot of lotto tickets. I was planning on keeping him on the bench all season the same way, and he ended up by my starter by week 3. If Lance can turn into a decent running QB, I have the best of both worlds and a hell of a streaming combo for years to come.

The thing about Chuba, he's in a very unique but potentially valuable position. His role next season will be the same as it this season, CMC's back up.I don't think CMC has a season left in him where he plays more than 8 games. So Chuba should get plenty of starts. When he does, he's their unchallenged RB1. So he's gonna get plenty of touches in those games. Is on CMC's level of talent? Not within a country mile! He is a pretty decent between the tackles guy, can bust one outside occasionally, catch a few passes too. That's very nice for RB depth. For half the season or so, it's like having an extra RB2. It could be this way for another two seasons even.

Pollard, see what I said above about Chuba, except with Pollard, he's not an RB2 if he's starting, he's an RB1. If I was really in a bind one week at RB, I could even see starting him when Zeke is healthy. He still gets some touches, and potentially even a kickoff TD like last week.

They could all three be pretty good trade bait too. If I want to make a deal in the offseason, I could throw any of them in a mix of players for nice return

fair comments across the board.   cant say I find fault with anything you have said.

I got pretty lucky in my big money league in getting Herbert for only $2 at the auction table.   and so far, hes by far been the best steal I've had at the draft in some years.

him and cousins have made for a nice 1-2 punch in my 2 QB league.

Lance may come around.   hes got a really good coach and San Fran was quite vocal in saying he wasnt ready to start Day 1. 

When he did play when Jimmy G got hurt, it was clear why.

but the team will be patient with him.   what I dont know is whether they will give Jimmy G one more year or if they will trade him away and Live or die with Trey.

based on what I saw, I kinda hope they give Jimmy G one more year.

we shall see.   when hes the backup, only the coaching staff and the GM will see how he progresses. 

we wont.   at least... not until he plays.

Either way... good luck.

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

fair comments across the board.   cant say I find fault with anything you have said.

I got pretty lucky in my big money league in getting Herbert for only $2 at the auction table.   and so far, hes by far been the best steal I've had at the draft in some years.

him and cousins have made for a nice 1-2 punch in my 2 QB league.

Lance may come around.   hes got a really good coach and San Fran was quite vocal in saying he wasnt ready to start Day 1. 

When he did play when Jimmy G got hurt, it was clear why.

but the team will be patient with him.   what I dont know is whether they will give Jimmy G one more year or if they will trade him away and Live or die with Trey.

based on what I saw, I kinda hope they give Jimmy G one more year.

we shall see.   when hes the backup, only the coaching staff and the GM will see how he progresses. 

we wont.   at least... not until he plays.

Either way... good luck.

Thanks, same to you!

We'll see how it goes with Trey Lance. Jimmy G is the better bet in the short term, but he's still not great. He's not gonna get better. They may try to ride out another season with him, and if they do that, I don't know that I will keep Lance on the bench another year.

Tony Pollard is becoming a real flex or even RB2 currently, and I think he will have as much value as Zeke going forward this season even. In my league last night, Pollard had 19 pts, on my bench, 🤬  while Zeke, who my opponent started, 😁 only got 3. I think next season, it's gonna be very close to a 50/50 RBBC, with Pollard even potentially being the better play. I think Zeke's saving grace will be at the goal line.

24 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think next season, it's gonna be very close to a 50/50 RBBC, with Pollard even potentially being the better play. I think Zeke's saving grace will be at the goal line.

This is the 3rd year in a row I've heard this... maybe next year it'll come true.

39 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Thanks, same to you!

We'll see how it goes with Trey Lance. Jimmy G is the better bet in the short term, but he's still not great. He's not gonna get better. They may try to ride out another season with him, and if they do that, I don't know that I will keep Lance on the bench another year.

Tony Pollard is becoming a real flex or even RB2 currently, and I think he will have as much value as Zeke going forward this season even. In my league last night, Pollard had 19 pts, on my bench, 🤬  while Zeke, who my opponent started, 😁 only got 3. I think next season, it's gonna be very close to a 50/50 RBBC, with Pollard even potentially being the better play. I think Zeke's saving grace will be at the goal line.

Agreed

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is the 3rd year in a row I've heard this... maybe next year it'll come true.

Last 4 games Zeke 45 rushing attempts, Pollard 35. Maybe not 50/50 but not too far off. If you want to blame injuries, be my guest. Anyone who has actually been watching the games can clearly see who the better RB is, and it's not particularly close.

38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not the third year in a row you've heard it from me, lol

It's hard to believe you heard it 3 years ago when Pollard was a little known 4th round draft pick and Zeke was having his best fantasy season since his rookie year

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

Not the third year in a row you've heard it from me, lol

It's hard to believe you heard it 3 years ago when Pollard was a little known 4th round draft pick and Zeke was having his best fantasy season since his rookie year

Certainly not from you, just in general.  The Zeke / Pollard situation reminds me of the Davonte Freeman / Tevan Coleman one.  People said it was just a matter of time until Coleman took Freeman's job, but it never happened.  Freeman would get hurt and Coleman would have a couple good games, but for the most part, they were "blah".  Then, when Coleman went to another team, he stunk.  I'm not going to say that Pollard stinks or will stink if he left, but I think he benefits from Elliott being there as well as teams not respecting the run game the same way when he's in.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Certainly not from you, just in general.  The Zeke / Pollard situation reminds me of the Davonte Freeman / Tevan Coleman one.  People said it was just a matter of time until Coleman took Freeman's job, but it never happened.  Freeman would get hurt and Coleman would have a couple good games, but for the most part, they were "blah".  Then, when Coleman went to another team, he stunk.  I'm not going to say that Pollard stinks or will stink if he left, but I think he benefits from Elliott being there as well as teams not respecting the run game the same way when he's in.

From?

10 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

well, there are system dependant players out there.

I think Tevin coleman was one of those guys.  drafted and  trained to play in a certain system (or type of system) and not versatile enough to play in a substantially different one.

That may be the case here.  I honestly havnt seen enough of Pollard to say hes that type but he did look good on that TD run thursday.

We got a owner going rookie crazy this weekend. Basically dropping his bench for rookies.  He out of the playoffs so I guess he's hoping to hit on something. 

Fields,  Sermon, Nico Collins, Terrence Marshall, Amari Rogers.  

On 12/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, John Fox said:

He was my last draft choice. Was either him or Akers and Akers Achilles scares me more than Dobbins ACL. 

Yeah, I had a note at the beginning of the season to pickup Akers before the end of the season for our keeper league.  I came across an article about his specific injury since then, and it went into depth about the top notch RBs who have had this exact injury.  None have come back to their previous form.  I wish I had kept a link to the article, but either way it has me looking at someone like Etienne instead. 

Michel had a very good game today, I think he’s going to start taking over, he’s the Rams starter next season if he can stay healthy 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Michel had a very good game today, I think he’s going to start taking over, he’s the Rams starter next season if he can stay healthy 

it is certainly possible.

Though Akers was looking good going into the season.  but I guess it really depends on whether he can regain that form.  Achilles is a bad injury for a RB

I don’t think Akers can return that quickly. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think Akers can return that quickly. 

yeah, that was sort of what I was questioning.

That said..... never say never.   ADP recovered from ACL surgery in a time that made me think he may not be human and had a monster year upon his return.

I said it couldnt be done.   clearly I was wrong.    Though it is worth mentioning, nobody has recovered from that surgery as quick since.

If Michel ends up being the guy down the stretch, I’d expect the Rams to trade one of their RB’s (probably Henderson) over the summer.

Why, Henderson  is a good back up, I mean thy could , but I doubt that Akers is going to be ready for the start of next season. 

Definitely stashing Javonte Williams and definitely stashing QB Trey Lance. Jimmy G's been serviceable but he's not gonna take them to a championship, Lance will. By the end of the 2022 season Lance will prove why he was taken at #3 overall.

Lance as a lot to prove imo