Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Handcuff Question

Is it better to handcuff your own stud i.e. Cook with Mattison, Kamara with Ingram or grab the handcuff of another elite back that you may like better than the option you have on your roster or to keep that player away from the RB1 owner. So for example, one owner has Henderson or McCaffrey and you grab Michel or Hubbard? I've never thought it was vital that you handcuff your own stud, just get a high end handcuff from a top rushing offense. Thoughts...

I tried everything to get Dillon from the guy that has Kamara...I have jones. Got wind of Kamara maybe being hurt & picked Ingram up off the wire. Offered a trade.....he got cute.....figured that Jones was hurt bad & Kamara was fine....declined the trade at our deadline. How did that work out🤣😅

Ingram sits on my bench😎

Most handcuffs won’t put up the same numbers of the guy they are replacing. Mattison seems to be an exception to that. So it would depend on the handcuff. I would want Mattison or Polard if I had Cook or Elliott, other than that wouldn’t make any other handcuff a priority. 

Most "handcuffs" don't produce like the starter would if healthy.

The exceptions are: Mattison, Herbert, De Johnson

Lessor versions (less effective but good) are: Dillon, Hubbard, Pollard, Jam Williams, Dar Williams, D Booker

Poor versions are: Perine, Michel, Hyde

I don't know why you would have to have the starter to own a "handcuff"

I was thin at RB to start the season, so one of the things I did was pick up some back ups.

I have Chuba and Tony Pollard both on my bench. I started Chuba for the games CMC was out, and looks like I'm gonna have that option again.

Chuba I figured had an excellent chance of starting some games, and I was right.

Tony Pollard is a flex option even when Zeke plays, and if he misses a game, he's a RB1.

It's not always easy to have great depth at RB, have to do what you can sometimes to make ends meet

I don’t look for handcuffs when I’m drafting, but when the season goes forward they start to become valuable. 

• Like 1