Sign in to follow this  
edjr

MI school shooter parents, both charged w 4 counts manslaughter

Seems like they didn't take care of their weapons. I'm okay with this.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Seems like they didn't take care of their weapons. I'm okay with this.

Maybe going forward, more parents should be charged.

So how do you think this went the other day...

<Ring Ring> Hello, Mrs. Crumbley, I'm calling you in regards to the school shooting.  I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is your son is just fine, and, well, the bad news is...

Good.  Now they should post bail and slit their wrists. 

The wrong Baldwin died in this tragedy.

Too Soon?  

The high school sophomore is accused of killing four students — Hana St. Juliana, 14; Tate Myre, 16; Madisyn Baldwin, 17, and Justin Shilling, 17 — and injuring seven others during the mass shooting.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good.  Now they should post bail and slit their wrists. 

This is very odd for today. I don't think these parents have anyone on their side. This is not political at all. These people are terrible parents

And they are running!

US Marshals and FBI are involved in search for Ethan Crumbley’s parents, sheriff says

From CNN's Melanie Schuman

When asked if Ethan Crumbley’s parents are missing, Oakland County, Michigan, Sheriff Michael Bouchard told CNN that is “correct.”

“If they think they are going to get away, they are not,” Bouchard told CNN's Victor Blackwell Friday.

Bouchard said officers are working with FBI partners and the US Marshal Service. CNN has reached out to both for comment.

The Crumbleys’ attorney was working with law enforcement to make themselves available for arrest once charges were announced, according to the sheriff, who added that the couple is no longer communicating with the attorney.

“It’s indicative their intent to flee,” Bouchard said.

When asked if Bouchard is concerned the couple may be armed, he acknowledged “anything is possible,” and he cautioned people should not approach the couple.

Every available resource is dedicated to locating them, the sheriff said.

The couple were not under surveillance until “it got closer to last night,” when charges were pending and detectives began the process of monitoring them. There was no early surveillance on them prior because no charges were pending.

Bouchard could not answer if the couple was in Michigan when they appeared by video during their son's arraignment earlier this week.

When asked about the exact time his department last knew the location of the Crumbleys, the sheriff said, "I'd have to actually talk to the detectives to find out where they last communicated with them or where they last had them. I mean, this obviously just recently happened."

this is a lot like the Adam lanza case. Remember, his mom bought his lunatic son a gun too. Sounds like these parents knew this kid was a loon. And bought him the gun just a few days ago.

The key differenc is, the parents didnt

Get shot first

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is very odd for today. I don't think these parents have anyone on their side. This is not political at all. These people are terrible parents

Wait…who did they vote for?

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Wait…who did they vote for?

:gyf:

11 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

this is a lot like the Adam lanza case. Remember, his mom bought his lunatic son a gun too. Sounds like these parents knew this kid was a loon. And bought him the gun just a few days ago.

The key differenc is, the parents didnt

Get shot first

Adam Lanza did it right. He blews his mother's haid off before leaving the house. He just should have shot himself in the face next.

They're returning for arraignment....

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/12/03/parents-of-suspected-oxford-high-school-shooter-returning-to-face-arraignment-lawyer-says/

“On Thursday night we contacted the Oakland County prosecutor to discuss this matter and to advise her that James and Jennifer Crumbley would be turning themselves in to be arraigned. Instead of communicating with us, the prosecutor held a press conference to announce charges. The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement despite recent comments in media reports.”

I have no issue with this whatsoever, I would say in cases like this I would encourage it.    Just from a quick review of the info out there I think it's clear that the parents were criminally negligent in their handling of both the gun and the child.      Lock them up with their kid for the rest of their lives.   

Goes back to a point I've made in the past, society ills could be solved by having to pass a parenting test before you are allowed to have kids.     

While I have no issue with this in general, is this the best way in this case?  I ask that because when we see instances like this, the shooter either is over 18 or ends up dead... so, fine by me to charge the parents when the shooter is under 18.  In this circumstance, if the DA is charging the parents... wouldn't that lead the kids defense to try and be charged as a minor?  I mean, if the state is holding the parents partly responsible, then how could you charge the kid as an adult?  If you charge the kid as an adult, you're saying that he was old enough to understand what he was doing, and hence, the parents shouldn't be held accountable.  Just on the surface, it seems like you can either charge the kid as an adult and not charge the parents or you can charge the parents, but charge the kid as a minor.

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

I have no issue with this whatsoever, I would say in cases like this I would encourage it.    Just from a quick review of the info out there I think it's clear that the parents were criminally negligent in their handling of both the gun and the child.      Lock them up with their kid for the rest of their lives.   

Goes back to a point I've made in the past, society ills could be solved by having to pass a parenting test before you are allowed to have kids.     

I just want to point out that, 75 years ago, kids would ride bicycles with shotguns on their handlebars to go hunting, and no one cared.  in fact, if they rode past a cop, the cop would say "good luck hunting!"  also, school shootings werent an issue.  so before you jump to the idea that guns need to be locked away and strict controls on firearms are warranted, probably not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I just want to point out that, 75 years ago, kids would ride bicycles with shotguns on their handlebars to go hunting, and no one cared.  in fact, if they rode past a cop, the cop would say "good luck hunting!"  also, school shootings werent an issue.  so before you jump to the idea that guns need to be locked away and strict controls on firearms are warranted, probably not.

All valid but my point was that in my belief the parents were negligent in securing the gun and how they handled their child.     You don't go deer hunting with a sig-sauer 9mm.   Parents should have had that gun secured.   No way that kid should have been able to get to it without their permission. 

I’m all for charging the parents if there is any evidence that they were negligent. However, I do have a problem with the DA holding a press conference alluding to the parents fleeing when they were actually in hiding and responsive. 

20 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’m all for charging the parents if there is any evidence that they were negligent. However, I do have a problem with the DA holding a press conference alluding to the parents fleeing when they were actually in hiding and responsive. 

Agreed, generally. Seeing as their community is full of fuming residents who hate them, getting the fock out for their own safety seems reasonable so long as they aren't in hiding. I can't tell if the Oakland County sheriff/DA jumped the gun calling them 'fugitives' or not.

Guys, all I am asking is this and I am asking it early

What the fock?

Who cares?

Why for page after page do you want to argue about one more thing with the exact same information like you you are smarter somehow than than the other guy.

s

h

u

t

f

u

c

k

u

p

• Like 1

Dumb monkey checking in.

The Crumbleys really are fugitives as they skipped an arraignment hearing their attorney promised they would attend. It seems this is on the DA's office according to the county sheriff's office. The DA broke longstanding normal protocol/ precedent by announcing charges against the couple in the media first before getting a judge's order and having the sheriff's office get them into first as these issues are normally done.

The DA is cute when she's angry though, so that much is appreciated.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Masshole said:

That's racist.   :nono:

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Stop being dumb monkeys

That's racist.   :nono:

They need to do some time and freak parents! Lets go get our weirdo insane son a handgun for a early Christmas present even though he us under 18. He said he might not be here for Christmas if he doesn't get this early.  Fock Them!

Mom texting to her Demon kid looking up ammo on his cell in school. I'm not mad just be better at not getting caught next time. Scum parents and again Fock Them!

The mom hasn’t aged well at all. Recent photos make me throw up in my mouf a little. Older photos show a woman that might be decent fun after a 12-pack. 

58 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The mom hasn’t aged well at all. Recent photos make me throw up in my mouf a little. Older photos show a woman that might be decent fun after a 12-pack. 

She would make sure her nerd husband would watch even back then in a closet or whatever. Would you been down for that ? Also bet Mommy wore the pants in that family.

9 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

She would make sure her nerd husband would watch even back then in a closet or whatever. Would you been down for that ? Also bet Mommy wore the pants in that family.

He can watch as long as he stays behind the ropes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is why it will work for you all.

What will work for who all?

6 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks for the laughs again and you have a great day ahead sir.

nothin.  .