Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

The Abortion Thread we never had

So last week, there was a lot of hyperventilating about this Mississippi case and it's propensity for overturning Roe v Wade. Congrats to the Geek Club for not bothering to make a post. I kept waiting to see one and it never came.

Abortion is the major issue that is a big rat's ass for me. It use to be that I would wind up agreeing with whomever I talk to last on the topic. Then after bouncing back and forth a few times, it dawned on me that it was something everybody but me really cared about, I saw valid points on both sides and I kinda withdrew from it.

If abortion stays or goes doesn't matter too much to me. The upside to seeing Roe v Wade is overturned would not be for moral reasons or on the merit of the law or action. I would aplaud only because I like seeing the leftoid media losing, wailing, and throwing tantrums. I despise them for cultural reasons and drink their tears, but those cultural reasons are not abortion. I fell in with some Raiders fans at a Sports Bar once, but not because I liked the Raiders, only because I had Napoleon Kaufmann and Tim Brown on my fantasy team. So like, Rich Gannon to James Jett Touchdown! All around me: Yay! Whoopdie Do! But I didn't give a fock, if anything, I was miffed the TD wasn't Kaufmann's or Brown's. That's what this abortion argument feels like.

The downside to Roe v Wade getting overturned is that these leftoid fockers are disillusioned and unenthused for midterms, which is great, stay there mopey and depressed, but this focking issue could light a spark in their butts and I want to avoid that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

So last week, there was a lot of hyperventilating about this Mississippi case and it's propensity for overturning Roe v Wade. Congrats to the Geek Club for not bothering to make a post. I kept waiting to see one and it never came.

Abortion is the major issue that is a big rat's ass for me. It use to be that I would wind up agreeing with whomever I talk to last on the topic. Then after bouncing back and forth a few times, it dawned on me that it was something everybody but me really cared about, I saw valid points on both sides and I kinda withdrew from it.

The downside to Roe v Wade getting overturned is that these leftoid fockers are disillusioned and unenthused for midterms, which is great, stay there mopey and depressed, but this focking issue could light a spark in their butts and I do not want that.

I could not agree more.   I never cared much one way or another but did not want to see something that would fire up the Dem base before an election.   The Republicans are idiots for handing them this now.   I think Pelosi, Biden and most of the "more moderate" Dem Congress people/ Senators secretly hope it is overturned.  It drives me crazy when they do this. 

It's a sad, but probably necessary option to have sometimes.  I'm mostly in the "safe, legal, and rare" boat that mid 90s Clinton supported. They lose me with the nonsense of calling birth "forced birth" and the nutjobs taking abortion pills outside SCOTUS last week.  And how the black community embraces abortion to the degree that it does...just astounding.  

I want it to be legal, but I don’t want anyone to do it.

This is a don’t care issue for me. Will be really pissed if this mobilizes the gheys on the left to vote next year. 

Women’s rights :lol:

It’s none of my business if you want to kill your baby. The majority of the time it’s one less person I contribute to supporting. 
Third trimester abortions seems a little overkill (pun intended). You couldn’t figure out in the first 6 months what to do?

Its ok to shoot heroin in a safe space and produce nothing for society but some young kids who try the pickle tickle have to accept a burden they arent prepared to handle, or worse in the case of rape or incest and it hog ties their future.

“In view of the large families of the Slav native population, it could only suit us if girls and women there had as many abortions as possible. We are not interested in seeing the non-German population multiply…We must use every means to instill in the population the idea that it is harmful to have several children, the expenses that they cause and the dangerous effect on woman's health… It will be necessary to open special institutions for abortions and doctors must be able to help out there in case there is any question of this being a breach of their professional ethics." - Adolf Hitler 1942

After World War II, the War Crimes Tribunal indicted ten Nazi leaders for "encouraging and compelling abortion," which the tribunal considered a "crime against humanity."

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Its ok to shoot heroin in a safe space and produce nothing for society but some young kids who try the pickle tickle have to accept a burden they arent prepared to handle, or worse in the case of rape or incest and it hog ties their future.

Im not sure if you know but there are these things called adoption agencies where instead of raising a baby, you can put them with people who will take over that task and you don't ever have to see the child again.  Its not like its either murder or spend 20 years raising a kid you don't want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Im not sure if you know but there are these things called adoption agencies where instead of raising a baby, you can put them with people who will take over that task and you don't ever have to see the child again.  Its not like its either murder or spend 20 years raising a kid you don't want.

Thank You

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

It’s none of my business if you want to kill your baby. The majority of the time it’s one less person I contribute to supporting. 
Third trimester abortions seems a little overkill (pun intended). You couldn’t figure out in the first 6 months what to do?

You don’t mind if people kill babies?

If the woman wants to get an abortion, she should be able to do so, but it should be paid for by the individual...

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Supply is way greater than demand past a certain age.

29 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Baby lives matter.

Says the guy with a wire hanger in his avatar.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

You don’t mind if people kill babies?

I don’t feel like it’s any of my business if I’m not directly involved. Would I abort my baby? No. 

I thought this was going to be a thread where we could all talk about all the awesome abortions we've been a part of over the years.

I remember the ones my potential baby mamas had fondly.

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Supply is way greater than demand past a certain age.

Why do so many people in the US adopt babies from other countries? I honestly don't know.

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

But people only want to adopt a certain type of baby. 

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Says the guy with a wire hanger in his avatar.  

That is strictly to mock edjr's site.  :nono:

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I thought this was going to be a thread where we could all talk about all the awesome abortions we've been a part of over the years.

I remember the ones my potential baby mamas had fondly.

Gross

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I don’t feel like it’s any of my business if I’m not directly involved. Would I abort my baby? No. 

Is it your business when anyone kills anyone?  If yes, what makes it any less your business when anyone kills a baby?

As I said above, I favor legal access.  I just find your answer perplexing.  You acknowledge it is murdering a baby but say “None of my business” like murder is benign.

16 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

This. In the last year I’ve spoken with my birth mother, birth father (unheard of in adoption circles). Two younger sisters on both sides and one brother out of two so far. Crazy what ancestry can find spitting in a test tube. They contacted me and I enjoyed them and I finding each other. Has changed all of our lives in a positive way. Very interesting in many ways. I WOULD Not fawking be here if she had chooses abortion. Adopted me to another couple was easier than killing me. Took us fifty two years to find each other, but we did. Glad she did and she says most of her family pushed for abortion opportunities as it was the easiest way out of it. I sent her photos of my daughter, her granddaughter, and knows she made the right but difficult choice. 

Saying that, I understand those that choose to terminate and not go the adoption route. Selfish but understand. But the government should not keep this devicsness even argument on both sides that don’t address the pressing issues. 

18 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

19 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

you can make guns illegal but you cant get rid of guns.  same with abortion.

Both solid points made above.   I don't think it should be illegal.    I'll even own the fact that my wife and I had one.     Somehow I slipped one past the goal-tender (pro-tip;  if you use the "we don't have to use a condom in the couple of days after your period" program, you are going to have some regrets).    After we had our second child my wife didn't want to go back on the pill and I hadn't had a chance to get the snip yet.   

My wife's 2nd pregnancy, my youngest child, had been a nightmare.    At least 3 times where we thought we lost the baby, including one time where the doctor flat-out told us we did, before saying "never mind" a couple of hours later.    Several trips to the hospital during the pregnancy.    My wife was on full bed-rest for the last 2 months of the pregnancy.  We were in our late thirties when we had #2 and my wife was getting a little old to be having kids.     We would have happily added a 3rd child to our family but had serious and legitimate concerns about the child's health and my wife's health because of how the last pregnancy went.    We decided to abort.    Tough decision but I still think it was the right one for us.    I just can't see denying someone else the ability to make that decision for themselves.  

On the rare times that the subject (abortion in general, not ours specifically) comes up and I discuss it my position is I don't think it should be outlawed but I always acknowledge the moral issue.  I don't know the answer to the moral question and acknowledge that I may be wrong.   The whole "when does life begin" question is a very thorny one.    My Libertarian side is really uncomfortable with the gov't making that decision.    Libertarian Masshole would probably be more comfortable with the gov't staying the heck out of that and just saying once you confirm you are pregnant - that's a person inside you.     Gov't rarely makes the right choice especially on stuff like this.  In a policy position approach - life starts at conception is a "cleaner" approach to take that does address/solve those moral questions.     I just can't reconcile my 2 contradictory feelings on the subject and my default is "let people make their own choices".     I feel sorry for the people who have to figure this out as I don't see that there is any solution that will make both sides happy.  

• Thanks 1

I think every decent human can agree that the later term abortions are inhumane.  If you can’t say that then the debate is over. 

8 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Is it your business when anyone kills anyone?  If yes, what makes it any less your business when anyone kills a baby?

As I said above, I favor legal access.  I just find your answer perplexing.  You acknowledge it is murdering a baby but say “None of my business” like murder is benign.

Sorry, just don’t care enough. Argue with someone else. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think every decent human can agree that the later term abortions are inhumane.  If you can’t say that then the debate is over. 

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

He should be lynched. 

20 weeks was a reasonable timeline as it is exactly halfway through the pregnancy. 15-16 (like I believe Roberts is kind of proposing) I think works okay too. The timeline is a little tight but it should still be okay. Problem is going to be once it retreats some weeks wise- states will try and pull it back further. Like 6 weeks is absurd. Most women might not even know they are pregnant yet in 6 weeks. 

There should always be exceptions though- like if an issue arises late in the pregnancy it maybe should put abortion back on the table. But it definitely shouldn't be a regular thing. As it is though- abortion is a complicated issue- politically and morally- that politicians and people have turned into a wedge issue and an "either/or" thing.

As someone mentioned above though- this is possibly going to be a pyrrhic victory for the GOP if it gets overturned. There is no reason to embolden a large section of the Dem base and Americans in general. You are playing with fire to get this overturned. 

10 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Why do so many people in the US adopt babies from other countries? I honestly don't know.

It has to do with economics.  Poor people don't adopt.  People of means adopt and some of them treat them like accesories.  Race perceptions play a big part, sad to say.

“But Planned Parenthood does Pap smears, and mammograms “ And that’s the problem with the left. They just can’t be trusted. Abortion was made legal, but the Hyde amendment states tax payer dollars shall not fund them. Of course they couldn’t make any money legitimately, so they play a little game and rake in the loot as the taxpayer actually does fund it. 

Considering all the costs of unwanted children we should have free abortion kiosks in every neighborhood in America. We’d make our $ back tenfold.

11 hours ago, MDC said:

Considering all the costs of unwanted children we should have free abortion kiosks in every neighborhood in America. We’d make our $ back tenfold.

Our money?😀😀😀

9 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Our money?😀😀😀

Public schools, welfare, food stamps, court dates, etc.