Sign in to follow this  
81st Anniversary: Attack on Pearl Harbor…

God bless Ben Affleck for saving the USA

• Haha 2

One of Gorilla Monsoon's best lines

4 minutes ago, posty said:

81st anniversary...

GB them...

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen much about this on the web so far today. Sometimes I wonder how things would have played out had Germany not attacked Russia and Japan didn't attack Pearl Harbor. 

Japan seriously underestimated the United States, which seems to happen frequently. 

They don't understand our culture and see us as soft and divided.

Then they fock around and find out.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen much about this on the web so far today. Sometimes I wonder how things would have played out had Germany not attacked Russia and Japan didn't attack Pearl Harbor. 

Japan seriously underestimated the United States, which seems to happen frequently. 

No Japan attack means it takes longer for US/Roosevelt to find reason to get into the war, but eventually they do.  With no Eastern front and the assumption that Stalin doesn't become involved it takes much longer to push Germany out of France(if ever, with all their forces there in a defensive posture???). Eventually I'm guessing that fuel shortages would paralyze them, they come to the table for peace and Eastern Europe looks drastically different today, or perhaps, Berlin is the first city to be nuked. 

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

People in the US can become extremely divided but there is one thing we all have in common, we love our country.  Regardless of what happens, if another country messes with us, we're going to come together and fight back.

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Read up on this year's ago. When Japan occupied French Indonesia in 1941, the US froze all their assets. This handicapped about 96% of their oil purchasing ability. They decided they needed to take the oil by force. They knew attacking the Dutch East Indies would most likely would generate an armed response from the US.....so they gambled. They took the chance that, the US still being isolationist, would sue for peace after an all out attack on Pearl. They figured that if they damaged the pacific fleet bad enough,  we would have no recourse. It went the other way. The US response was not what was expected & the dice were cast.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People in the US can become extremely divided but there is one thing we all have in common, we love our country.  Regardless of what happens, if another country messes with us, we're going to come together and fight back.

I have always wondered about that now...

If 9/11 happened today, and it was the first time ever,  I wonder if this statement would still be true?  I hope it would be, but as divided as this country is now, I am not convinced...

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No Japan attack means it takes longer for US/Roosevelt to find reason to get into the war, but eventually they do.  With no Eastern front and the assumption that Stalin doesn't become involved it takes much longer to push Germany out of France(if ever, with all their forces there in a defensive posture???). Eventually I'm guessing that fuel shortages would paralyze them, they come to the table for peace and Eastern Europe looks drastically different today, or perhaps, Berlin is the first city to be nuked. 

Outside of the atomic bomb, which the Germans were working on, they just had better stuff than we did. Better machine guns. Better tanks. Not so much better aircraft. If they'd focused on beating England, left Russia alone, fortified Europe, continued to develop their military and its equipment, it would have been tough to beat them. They were too ambitious.

Just now, posty said:

I have always wondered about that now...

If 9/11 happened today, and it was the first time ever,  I wonder if this statement would still be true?  I hope it would be, but as divided as this country is now, I am not convinced...

I still think it would.  Maybe not to the same level but I still think it happens.  I think the majority of Americans care a lot about our country, we just disagree on how to make it better.

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I still think it would.  Maybe not to the same level but I still think it happens.  I think the majority of Americans care a lot about our country, we just disagree on how to make it better.

This is probably what would happen...  I hope we never have to find out though as it is still scary to think that it might not unite us for a little bit...

I need to dig and find more details to give them justice, but there were three guys who were ordered to seal a door below decks. Something like that. They were on one of the ships that's still in Pearl harbor. Doing so allowed hundreds of guys to get free , get saved, but they knew from the jump that doing so would kill these guys. Seal them in at least.

They did so anyway.

When everything settled down, rescue workers began hearing three distinct taps over and over and over again. But for whatever reason they couldn't do anything at the time. The three guys inside had a calendar. They started marking an X on each day starting w Pearl harbor. Somehow those guys managed to survive for like a couple of weeks before rescue workers could make a concerted effort. By then, it was strictly a recovery effort.

I hope I can find that story for you guys. Anybody else knows better, I'd appreciate it.

I'd be the first guy diving off the friggin  boat. But so many of these guys that passed away instead ran to their battle stations. Ran into danger. And for every man that died, 100 more rose up to take their place.

To Avenge them. To honor them.

To Defend us.

To Conquer unmitigated Evil.

And mobilized the greatest industrial and fighting effort ever known to man.

And in so doing, created a superpower.

Become trendy these days for millennials and others to s*** on the Greatest Generation.

F*** that. They really were.

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Outside of the atomic bomb, which the Germans were working on, they just had better stuff than we did. Better machine guns. Better tanks. Not so much better aircraft. If they'd focused on beating England, left Russia alone, fortified Europe, continued to develop their military and its equipment, it would have been tough to beat them. They were too ambitious.

if they were a little less ambitious, Hitler might not even start WW2 tho.  Its a common flaw with regards to empire.  you need extreme ambition to begin to conquer others, but that same extreme ambition leads them to overextend themselves.  Napoleon.  Alexander the Great.  Hitler. 

Its amazing how quickly everyone stops caring about a war once all the participants die off.  Not even WW2 is immune.  Now that most Americans who died in WW2 are dead, it becomes ancient history that is foreign to Americans today. 

We had a strange link between major wars. 

The people who fought in the American Revolution had almost entirely died off when the civil war started.  The people who fought in the civil war had almost entirely died off when World War 2 started.  Now almost everyone who fought in WW2 has died off.

Sometimes I wonder if it takes the last war generation to completely die off before large-scale bloodlust returns to men's hearts.  Even now, we see whackjob liberals cheering this war in Ukraine on, demanding we bomb Russia, and there is no sober backlash to that.  We seem to want war again really badly as a society, particularly on the left.

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Its amazing how quickly everyone stops caring about a war once all the participants die off.  Not even WW2 is immune.  Now that most Americans who died in WW2 are dead, it becomes ancient history that is foreign to Americans today. 

I wonder if there will be anyone around in 50 years to remember the nuclear war that you've guaranteed will happen by the end of this month.

My dad told me that half of the guys that worked at the same factory as he did enlisted within a week of the attack, including him. Never happen today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

My dad told me that half of the guys that worked at the same factory as he did enlisted within a week of the attack, including him. Never happen today.

I used to think that, but I think we're underestimating the power of this young generation. 

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I wonder if there will be anyone around in 50 years to remember the nuclear war that you've guaranteed will happen by the end of this month.

You seriously can't help yourself can you? It is like a child.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You seriously can't help yourself can you? It is like a child.  

Oh please. He'd nuke up the Aaron Judge thread within three or four posts if he could find a way to do it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulinstl said:

Well, in fairness, your dad worked at an 8-track factory. So he's absolutely correct.

The only people who work in factories anymore? Are 8-year-old Chinese kids making crappy phones.

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I used to think that, but I think we're underestimating the power of this young generation. 

You're absolutely right.

Some a****** would create an app where you didn't actually have to go to the office. You could apply online.

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Well duh, no. They're going to die from the newcleer war.

So just bit of education you kids. And I swear to God I'm not being condescending. Because I didn't know this years ago. For all those f**** who think oh my God we shouldn't have nuked japan! Here's a few points:

Our fire bombing of Japan and Dresden for that matter? Makes fat man and little boy look like a firework show.

And while we as Americans have been raised to think that Japan is one landmass? They're actually over 7,000 islands. Over 400 in current times are still occupied. If you think Iso Jima was a s*** show? Imagine that times 400. Or times 1,000. Or times 5,000.

F***, we'd probably still be fighting clear & hold to this day. 

Those guys were literally insane. More so than the muslims. They literally believed that their emperor was a god. Not a president not an elected official, but a freaking god. 

Check out the footage. This freak was so brainwashed, that there's video to this day of Japanese women holding their children and jumping off of cliffs as opposed to being defeated by The Americans.

I've posted this before. The yamoto? Was sent with all its sailors to die. To park off the coast and die.  Literally, without enough fuel to return. It was a one-way trip.  All of the sailors knew that. All of its sailors were given the option to walk away. And none of them did. Because of their great leader they're great emperor, their God.

We act like we're the aggressor. And the Japs? They eat that s*** up. But they're not victims. They are willing participants in one of the worst terrorist attacks in human history.

And f*** those guys.

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well duh, no. They're going to die from the newcleer war.

I would like to make love with you one more time before this happens.

And by the way? The Japanese didn't even recognize the Red Cross or medics. Contrary to literally global rules of war.

And if you think they were brutal to us? They took us relatively easy compared to their neighbors in China and North Korea and elsewhere. To this day, mirror the most racist m************ on the planet.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

And by the way? The Japanese didn't even recognize the Red Cross or medics. Contrary to literally global rules of war.

And if you think they were brutal to us? They took us relatively easy compared to their neighbors in China and North Korea and elsewhere. To this day, mirror the most racist m************ on the planet.

Yeah, the video of the Japanese throwing Chinese babies in the air and impaling them on bayonets on the way down is pretty focked up.

Of course, if there were MAGAtards at the time, they would have defended the Japanese, soiled their panties and called for our non-involvement in this worldwide sh!t.

Stra

10 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen much about this on the web so far today. Sometimes I wonder how things would have played out had Germany not attacked Russia and Japan didn't attack Pearl Harbor

I wouldn't be here, that's for sure, if that was the case.  My grandmother fought in the French/Belgian underground, and if we didn't bust through in Normandy when we did, the chances of her still alive to meet my grandfather would have been very slim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Stra

I wouldn't be here, that's for sure, if that was the case.  My grandmother fought in the French/Belgian underground, and if we didn't bust through in Normandy when we did, the chances of her still alive to meet my grandfather would have been very slim.

That's an amazing story. My dad was a B-29 navigator during World War II and wouldn't tell me what he did. As a kid, I asked him whether he had killed anyone with bombs, and he said, "I hope not." This meant he was bombing factories and stuff and hoped no on had gotten killed. 

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, the video of the Japanese throwing Chinese babies in the air and impaling them on bayonets on the way down is pretty focked up.

Of course, if there were MAGAtards at the time, they would have defended the Japanese, soiled their panties and called for our non-involvement in this worldwide sh!t.

"Why are we sending billions of dollars to Europe, (Ukraine) when we could be using that money to defend our borders at home!

Honestly. Can you not imagine that happening? 

Read: https://accountability.gop/ukraine-quotes/

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

"Why are we sending billions of dollars to Europe, (Ukraine) when we could be using that money to defend our borders at home!

Honestly. Can you not imagine that happening? 

Read: https://accountability.gop/ukraine-quotes/

The world has to stop Russia. It has no choice.

Drugs and illegals are going to find their way into this country no matter what we do.

This is a decades old issue and a major one, but Russia needs to be defeated here for the betterment of the world and our own interests.

And at this point, the Russians aren't going to win this thing. 

4 hours ago, paulinstl said:

Nope. The Gravy Seals and Meal Team Six clowns who obsess over guns and drive around in their trucks with Molon Labe, Don't Tread on Me and Punisher stickers all would be too fat and out of shape to enlist.