Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Possible Tony Pollard Replacement (NON PPR Flex)

Not looking good for him week 14.  (torn plantar fascia left foot)

(NON PPR FLEX)  *Return Yds same as rushing/receiving*

RB's Available  

Dontrell Hilliard    Ten Vs Jax  

D'Onta Foreman    Ten Vs Jax 

Alex Collins    Sea @ Hou 

Collins is supposedly fully healthy now, & this game 'should' provide positive game script as the Seahawks are 7 point favorites. The question becomes,  since he's healthy, will he return to being the lead dog, or will Rashaad Penny, and/or DeeJay Dallas make it a RBBC ?  AP has been ruled out, so that increases the chance he could fall into the end zone. 

I'm leading towards Hilliard for 2 reasons. The Titans finishing with 270 yds rushing at NE week 12, & the fact that he's returned a couple kicks in each of the last 2 games.

WR's Available

Brandon Aiyuk  SF Vs CIN      *Already have Deebo Samuel, so I may need Aiyuk + another player included in this post*

Hunter Renfrow  LV @ KC     *was surprised to see his availability. Even in non-PPR, he's been solid 4 out of the last 5 weeks*

Van Jefferson Jr.   LAR @ ARI

Renfro 

Hillard. 

Good luck with this decision 

Interesting

Offensive players are awarded special teams points ?

so both the special teams and the RB get the points ?

Im leaning Hilliard even with us only awarding scrimmage yards 

Hilliard with Foreman a close second. Both much better options than Collins. He looked ineffective and I want to see how that backfield splits before I start anyone (even then I’m not sure I would). I think they see what Penny has. 

Aiyuk too for me if Deebo is out, but if he’s out there on waivers and you have the bench space I would be picking up Van Jefferson. 

2 hours ago, plasma george said:

Interesting

Offensive players are awarded special teams points ?

so both the special teams and the RB get the points ?

Im leaning Hilliard even with us only awarding scrimmage yards 

Thanks for the input. 

Here's an example of how the scoring works. I have Pollard. Week 12 when the Cowboys hosted the Raiders, he had a 100 yard kickoff return touchdown. That was good for 16 pts. His total 4 the day was 25.7

The Cowboys defense/special teams didn't receive any points for that. The total for the Cowboys D/ST that day was minus 1 mostly because they gave up 35+ points.

That's the way it's been set since I started the league in 2006. Before the NFL moved the kick off from the 30 to the 35, a guy who played both specials teams & regular offense was invaluable. Devin Hester, Josh Cribbs, etc. 

Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo Default Value
Sack 1  
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 2  
Block Kick 2  
Points Allowed 0 points 10  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
Extra Point Returned 2

23 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Not looking good for him week 14.  (torn plantar fascia left foot)

(NON PPR FLEX)  *Return Yds same as rushing/receiving*

RB's Available  

Dontrell Hilliard    Ten Vs Jax  

D'Onta Foreman    Ten Vs Jax 

Alex Collins    Sea @ Hou 

Collins is supposedly fully healthy now, & this game 'should' provide positive game script as the Seahawks are 7 point favorites. The question becomes,  since he's healthy, will he return to being the lead dog, or will Rashaad Penny, and/or DeeJay Dallas make it a RBBC ?  AP has been ruled out, so that increases the chance he could fall into the end zone. 

I'm leading towards Hilliard for 2 reasons. The Titans finishing with 270 yds rushing at NE week 12, & the fact that he's returned a couple kicks in each of the last 2 games.

WR's Available

Brandon Aiyuk  SF Vs CIN      *Already have Deebo Samuel, so I may need Aiyuk + another player included in this post*

Hunter Renfrow  LV @ KC     *was surprised to see his availability. Even in non-PPR, he's been solid 4 out of the last 5 weeks*

Van Jefferson Jr.   LAR @ ARI

I like Aiyuk.   there is some risk with him, but I think hes finally broken out and shown he is the real deal.

Renfrow is a solid play too.   Better in PPR I think but he will get you 6-10 points most of the time.   Good enough so hes unlikely to cost you a win.  but not good enough to win a game if you are in trouble.

Aiyuk has a higher ceiling and a lower floor.   so depending on your situation, either player could be the better play as far as WR's go.

I do like Collins also.  I picked him up in one of my leagues and spent a couple Free agent dollars to get him. 

All 3 are decent plays.   Honestly at this time of year, you are lucky to have this much choice.   In my leagues all 3 are rostered.

• Thanks 1

The Good: Chose to pick up & start Foreman. Initially I was leaning towards Hilliard, but decided on Foreman because he's much more of a bruiser (6' 1"/236  Vs 5' 11"/202 )

& figured he'd get the goal line carries 12.2 pts

The 'possible' Bad: Since Deebo was active, I only needed to fill one slot. Renfro was one of those receivers I 'might' have chosen for a replacement & he went for 18.3 pts

I guess I can't complain.

Thanks for all the replies.

Congrats picking Foreman, great call.