Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Week 15 All-Out Blitz ...

In previous years, I have waited to the final Blitz to take questions from readers for use in my column. I'm thinking I'd like to expand that to all three weeks of the fantasy playoffs this year. Feel free to post them here or on Twitter (@DougOrth) before 5 pm on Wednesday and I'll get to 'em. Because the article doesn't hit until Thursday, keep the questions to start/sit or FA pickups since waivers will have run in most leagues since then.

Specify PPR vs. standard and any other specifics I might need to consider.

If you post here or on Twitter, I am assuming you are OK with me using your question for the column.

I have been fortunate this year with injuries & covid....so far. I built my team with great depth at Rb. Eckler, A.Jones, Henderson & Patterson. I have Michel on the bench & picked up Gibson a month ago. Things have played out & looks like both Hendo & Jones are going to be in more of a timeshare than earlier in the season. I will obviously start Eckler every time. Out of Hendo & Jones, who is the safer start in the playoffs? 1/2 ppr with bonus for 40+ yd run/reception & 40+ yd td. I also have 1 rb/wr flex spot & 1 wr/te flex spot. Patterson is a dual designation in my yahoo league. I also have an open bench spot....both Eckler's back-ups are available....which one is the better pick?

Thanks

For those of us with Lamar.  If he plays do we play him, or are we better to go to another option like Tua or Russell Wilson

1.  I have Conner who’s been a bigger surprise so far then I thought he would be, but now he has an injury, and his coach has now said with Edmonds returning they might limit Conners work load, so this weekend, non ppr rb2. 

Conner, Freeman, Michel, J Williams. 

2.  Ppr league, again rb2, Dillon, Gordon, Pollard.  

Thank you.  

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

1.  I have Conner who’s been a bigger surprise so far then I thought he would be, but now he has an injury, and his coach has now said with Edmonds returning they might limit Conners work load, so this weekend, non ppr rb2. 

Conner, Freeman, Michel, J Williams. 

2.  Ppr league, again rb2, Dillon, Gordon, Pollard.  

Thank you.  

It’s all luck. Just pick one. 

• Haha 1

Tampa has a good D.  I wouldnt be surprised if they shut Taysom down.   Atlanta has swiss cheese for a defense.  I think Jimmy G may be the call here.

• Like 1

I echo the importance of addressing the Lamar Jax dilemma going into the playoffs. (We ignore his Int’s and trust his upside?) this week, My replacement choices were Taysom and Tua.  I can’t bring myself to roll Taysom vs.TB hence I’m rolling Tua vs. NYJ.   
Another topic would be looking at the Aaron Jones/Dillon forecast. 
thanks much Doug for another stellar season. 

• Like 1

not a big fan of Tua, but against the Jets he is likely a good call

18 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Bump

Herbert or Murray 

This week?

Ok Guru, I summon your wisdom on these two agonizing decisions. WDIS PPR 6pt all TD's

QB- Wilson @ LAR or Cousins @ CHI 

Flex (if Mitchell's out)- Cooks @ Jax, Da. Williams @ LAC, Stevenson @ Indy,  Gage @ SF

Currently have Kamara, Patterson, D. Johnson and Allen as my locks.

Thank you Guru. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pipeman said:

Ok Guru, I summon your wisdom on these two agonizing decisions. WDIS PPR 6pt all TD's

Flex (if Mitchell's out)- Cooks @ Jax, Da. Williams @ LAC, Stevenson @ Indy,  Gage @ SF

Just got back from reffing basketball. (Yeah, I do it all.)

I would roll with Cousins over Wilson.

At flex, I would rank them Cooks, Gage, Williams and Stevenson.

Good luck!

22 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Herbert or Murray 

This week?

I would say Murray, but I'm not confident with that pick. I could see Herbert throwing the ball 50 times tonight.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:01 PM, pipeman said:

With Harris ruled out, I would definitely lean toward Stevenson over Cooks and Gage. Indy is tough against the run, but NE has one of the league's best o-lines.