Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Playoffs 2021

I did not see records updated after the games last night.

Commish, do you know the seedings?

I think there must be an issue at MFL, my auction league hosted there hasn't updated either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I think there must be an issue at MFL, my auction league hosted there hasn't updated either.

I am in two other leagues on mfl which updated last night

:dunno:  

16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yah its all screwy, this week didn't process and its not showing the playoff bracket

👍

I asked the commish in my other MFL if he had to manually update the standings this week and this is what he said:

No typically the website stops calculating standings after week 13. With the extra game all I had to do was change that in the settings from week 13 to be 14 but I didn't realize that until this morning. 

So I think a setting just has to be adjusted.

• Like 1

Bye weeks:

1 Peaces (based on total points, split the season series with sweater)

2 The Mighty Sweatermeats 

Remaining division winners...

3 DNEP 9-5

4 Putin 8-6

Then we got three more teams at 8-6, based on total points the last two would be 

5 4077

6 Kat 

I may be incorrect so please someone else see with what they come up with. Bad beat on the bubble being the professor

*Doing this stuck in traffic

playoffs will occur weeks 15, 16 and 17 of the NFL season.

2. 6 teams will make the playoffs.

3 Divisional Winners.

2 Wild Card teams (best remaining record, with total points used for any seeding tie breaker).

1 Additional Wild Card team (most points scored - the highest scoring team remaining)

3. The two teams with the best record will be awarded a first round bye (total points used for any seeding tie breaker).

4. 3rd place will play 6th place and 4th place will play 5th place.

5. Playoff match-ups will reseed after the first round (1st place will play the lowest remaining seed).

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Bye weeks:

1 Peaces (based on total points, split the season series with sweater)

2 The Mighty Sweatermeats 

Remaining division winners...

3 DNEP 9-5

4 Putin 8-6

Then we got three more teams at 8-6, based on total points the last two would be 

5 4077

6 Kat 

I may be incorrect so please someone else see with what they come up with. Bad beat on the bubble being the professor

*Doing this stuck in traffic

so, first round:

padrino vs KF

putin vs 4077

?

19 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

You can get a bye if you don’t win your division and are a wild card?

Never heard of that. 

3. The two teams with the best record will be awarded a first round bye (total points used for any seeding tie breaker)

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

3. The two teams with the best record will be awarded a first round bye (total points used for any seeding tie breaker)

I see what is written, but I am of the belief it’s written incorrectly.

My beliefs are based on my prior knowledge of sports standings, fantasy leagues, etc. But if I’m incorrect and division winners aren’t seeded higher than wild card teams…well it won’t be the first or last time I’ll be wrong about something I’m confident in. Of that, I’m sure. 

36 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

My beliefs are based on my prior knowledge of sports standings, fantasy leagues, etc. But if I’m incorrect and division winners aren’t seeded higher than wild card teams…well it won’t be the first or last time I’ll be wrong about something I’m confident in. Of that, I’m sure. 

i think this needs to be voted on in the off season.

Edit: which I agree with and vote for

4 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

This actually happened last year with Sweatermeats winning the division and Drunken Knights getting in as a wild card but being the 2nd seed.  you can look at last years to verify

So I fixed the issue about not seeing week 14 results. 

I also fixed the playoffs.  I have the following as the seeding:

1. Peaces

2. The Mighty Sweatermeats

3.  Die Nasty El Padrino

4.  Puttins Bitches

5. 4077

6. Professor Stats 

If any of this is wrong....blame the damned commissioner for not doing HIS job!!!  🚼

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gypsybrat said:

So I fixed the issue about not seeing week 14 results. 

I also fixed the playoffs.  I have the following as the seeding:

1. Peaces

2. The Mighty Sweatermeats

3.  Die Nasty El Padrino

4.  Puttins Bitches

5. 4077

6. Professor Stats 

If any of this is wrong....blame the damned commissioner for not doing HIS job!!!  🚼

Yeah that's right, I focked up

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yeah that's right, I focked up

I had no problem letting Kat Fancy into the playoffs like you said but I dont think Die Nasty El Karen wouldnt have let it fly  :ninja:

• Haha 2

So we have divisions but division winners aren’t seeded higher than wild card teams? 

All I can say is, this league is what it is. 

43 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

So we have divisions but division winners aren’t seeded higher than wild card teams? 

All I can say is, this league is what it is. 

This rule has been in place.  If we don't like it or see a need for change, we need to vote on it in the off season.  I would be voting in favor of this change if proposed.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't really care either way but it's written pretty clear. Agree about off-season being the time to discuss and vote if need be.

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

This rule has been in place.  If we don't like it or see a need for change, we need to vote on it in the off season.  I would be voting in favor of this change if proposed.

I obviously am against changing anything during a season. I’ve only always wanted fairness to the competition (an area this league has failed at historically with the tanking). 

I’m just extremely surprised and disappointed that such a major part of the league (standings) were set up so incorrectly (based on what all sports fans would agree with) and nobody cared enough to catch it before this. 

But that’s on me. Last year I was very sick and not paying much attention, so I didn’t catch it. If I had been, it would have been fixed (maybe). 

GB' Thanks for fixing it.  Yes, we should fix the issue in the off season.  I have been very busy and asleep at the switch.  But,  I did come in here tonight and would have had it fixed B4 weekend.

Foq these impacted games!

browns/raider

phily/wft 

sea/rams

On 12/31/2021 at 2:56 PM, kutulu said:

According to the site preview it's a coin flip 🙃

Good luck in the mega clash, as the dramatic race to 3 comes to a gripping and spine tingling conclusion. :cheers:

Congratulations Kutulu, as the first DNDL 2 time champion is also our first 3 time champion. 

I can’t lie. When my late substitution at WR took off his shirt off and said “f*ck this, I’m outa here” before walking off the field……that was when I felt an ill wind blowing. 

Congrats again Kutulu, it was a challenging and fun season.