Pimpadeaux

The Year's Worst Geek - Nomination Thread

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Unreal.  You're persistent, ill give you that.  Wrong but persistent.  

It's real simple- either you can answer the question or not. It's clear you cannot and are too stubborn to just admit it and move on. 

31 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Majored in journalism with minors in English and geology. I guess my geology minor qualifies me to run Exxon. 

Ok, that’s pretty funny. Kudos. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's real simple- either you can answer the question or not. It's clear you cannot and are too stubborn to just admit it and move on. 

I will tell you this again psycho, if you believe that someone must "troll" for tranny content( or any content for that matter)  on Twitter,, you DO NOT ( you like the all CAPS for emphasis? )  know how Twitter works.  

I will tell you this again psycho, if you believe that someone must "troll" for tranny content( or any content for that matter)  on Twitter,, you DO NOT ( you like the all CAPS for emphasis? )  know how Twitter works.  

And it was explained to you how it works. You said it is not how it works. So explain how it works- you have yet to do that gutless wonder.

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

And it was explained to you how it works. You said it is not how it works. So explain how it works- you have yet to do that gutless wonder.

Hold on Mooney...do you actually have a Twitter account that you use regularly?

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, that’s pretty funny. Kudos. 

I started out in petroleum engineering and gravitated to geology. I got through the engineering math requirements and the geology weed-out class with mostly C's. The oil industry went into the pooper, and graduating geology majors weren't getting jobs, so I didn't see a future in that field, particularly with my grades. It occurred to me that I'd been reading newspapers since I was a kid, so the light bulb went on and I went after that.

I'd always been horrible at English, and I bombed the proficiency exam to get into journalism school. So I went over to a used-books store, found a grammar and punctuation book and read the whole thing that night. It shifted my brain lobes, and I marched in, re-took that proficiency test and made 100. 

I evolved into an A student and only needed a couple of geology classes to get a minor. I've always wanted to go back and finish the degree, but I imagine that would involve some serious math refreshers, which I'm not motivated enough to do.

I had a wildly colorful 30-year newspaper career, about seven of it as a reporter and the rest of it as an editor. Of all the people I knew from the journalism program, only one still works in the industry. 

Newspapers became a dark and terrifying place to be starting around 2007, and they're exponentially worse now. I managed to survive another seven years before the layoff hammer fell. 

Peddling insurance is about a third of what I do now. I started with nothing but was blessed with a robust natural market, and I went into it with the mindset of having no backup plan. The washout rate in this business is about 90 percent the first three years.

I work maybe 20 to 30 hours a week, have no boss and make three times as much money as I did as a journalist. It's the fastest way to make doctor or lawyer salaries without having to go through some expensive degree program. I have north of 1,000 clients and get free leads from multiple sources, including AARP, AICPA and clients that get assigned to me after their agents leave the company. This quarter alone, I received 86 of these clients, and I've got two AARP leads I have to call today.

I enjoy all this now more than I ever did the overworked, under paid journalism world. I'll have not one but two pensions waiting for me when I retire, if I retire. I say "if" because this is more of a lifestyle for me than a job.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hold on Mooney...do you actually have a Twitter account that you use regularly?

I do and I never get tranny content on it....imagine that.

So you should be able to explain why that is.....so please do.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I bet if you followed more conservative accounts you'd see plenty of it.  Follow liberal accounts and you see tons of posts about Trump and the Capitol.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I bet if you followed more conservative accounts you'd see plenty of it.  Follow liberal accounts and you see tons of posts about Trump and the Capitol.

I see lots of sports stuff. I like myself too much to follow political accounts of any bearing.

But of course- Fireballer has said this is not how social media works anyway. He will tell us how it actually works.....any minute now. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I see lots of sports stuff. I like myself too much to follow political accounts of any bearing.

But of course- Fireballer has said this is not how social media works anyway. He will tell us how it actually works.....any minute now. 

He's only going to see the people he follows and what those people share and like.  If he follows a lot of conservative accounts then he's going to see a lot of posts about grooming and transvestites right now.  Everyone's Twitter feeds are going to look much different, but he should know that... Right?

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's only going to see the people he follows and what those people share and like.  If he follows a lot of conservative accounts then he's going to see a lot of posts about grooming and transvestites right now.  Everyone's Twitter feeds are going to look much different, but he should know that... Right?

He doesn't know that. When told this by another poster his response was "Another person who doesn't know how it works"

He was asked to explain it then and has been quiet ever since. 

Sounds like some of you are upset that the tranny movement is getting exposure.  How come? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds like some of you are upset that the tranny movement is getting exposure.  How come? 

How did you come to that conclusion?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

FB posts some tranny Twitter posts and he gets attacked. Why? Are they not real? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

FB posts some tranny Twitter posts and he gets attacked. Why? Are they not real? 

I was just talking about how Twitter works.  Seems there was some confusion.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, MDC said:

Just give the trophy to Utilit99. 

The single worst poster this forearm has ever seen. :( 

RPjr

39 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Oh OK, now we're getting somewhere.  This is nothing more than a cute little attempt to indict me as a person based on who I follow and not an actual question on how content is sent to Twitter users. Congrats, you discovered what we already knew, when you follow someone on Twitter, you see their content.  But, as usual, you're still wrong. The content I recieve has nothing to do with Twitters logarithmic algorithms.  It's delivered only through who I follow and in chronological order.  I don't get any "based on" content.  

Oh OK, now we're getting somewhere.  This is nothing more than a cute little attempt to indict me as a person based on who I follow and not an actual question on how content is sent to Twitter users. Congrats, you discovered what we already knew, when you follow someone on Twitter, you see their content.  But, as usual, you're still wrong. The content I recieve has nothing to do with Twitters logarithmic algorithms.  It's delivered only through who I follow and in chronological order.  I don't get any "based on" content.  

So you want us to believe that the properties of social media and the Internet operate differently solely for you?

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I see lots of political content from Chris Rufo to Shaun King. I try to get as many viewpoints as I can. Last night is a good example.  There was a Rep that won a seat in a historically blue Texas district.  Some idiots on the right were calling it the start of the 2022 red wave. In actuality, many liberal pundits were pointing out that it's being redrawn for another election in Nov, which will be heavy blue.  The Rep may have won solely on low turnout because voters know it will be blue again in Nov.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you want us to believe that the properties of social media and the Internet operate differently solely for you?

mooney, the human punching bag coming back for more.

Oh no!!!! I didn't capitalize the 'm'. I'm in trouble now. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Ok Mooney, what content do I recieve if I click on a TikTokTeacher video?

exactly.... algorithms.  I am not on twitter, but for my other social media.... shocker, i get food, wine, beverage, restaurants,  travel, europe, alps, tropics, skiing, diving.

You spend a lot of time on twit?

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I started out in petroleum engineering and gravitated to geology. I got through the engineering math requirements and the geology weed-out class with mostly C's. The oil industry went into the pooper, and graduating geology majors weren't getting jobs, so I didn't see a future in that field, particularly with my grades. It occurred to me that I'd been reading newspapers since I was a kid, so the light bulb went on and I went after that.

I'd always been horrible at English, and I bombed the proficiency exam to get into journalism school. So I went over to a used-books store, found a grammar and punctuation book and read the whole thing that night. It shifted my brain lobes, and I marched in, re-took that proficiency test and made 100. 

I evolved into an A student and only needed a couple of geology classes to get a minor. I've always wanted to go back and finish the degree, but I imagine that would involve some serious math refreshers, which I'm not motivated enough to do.

I had a wildly colorful 30-year newspaper career, about seven of it as a reporter and the rest of it as an editor. Of all the people I knew from the journalism program, only one still works in the industry. 

Newspapers became a dark and terrifying place to be starting around 2007, and they're exponentially worse now. I managed to survive another seven years before the layoff hammer fell. 

Peddling insurance is about a third of what I do now. I started with nothing but was blessed with a robust natural market, and I went into it with the mindset of having no backup plan. The washout rate in this business is about 90 percent the first three years.

I work maybe 20 to 30 hours a week, have no boss and make three times as much money as I did as a journalist. It's the fastest way to make doctor or lawyer salaries without having to go through some expensive degree program. I have north of 1,000 clients and get free leads from multiple sources, including AARP, AICPA and clients that get assigned to me after their agents leave the company. This quarter alone, I received 86 of these clients, and I've got two AARP leads I have to call today.

I enjoy all this now more than I ever did the overworked, under paid journalism world. I'll have not one but two pensions waiting for me when I retire, if I retire. I say "if" because this is more of a lifestyle for me than a job.

no one cares, shut up.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

exactly.... algorithms.  I am not on twitter, but for my other social media.... shocker, i get food, wine, beverage, restaurants,  travel, europe, alps, tropics, skiing, diving.

That's not what I'm talking about.  You're talking more about what you see on Facebook.  On Twitter, all I see are the people I follow and what they retweet or liked.  There are some promoted ads that may show up but it's nothing near the content that shows up on Facebook.  Unless, somehow, my Twitter feed is different from everyone else.

34 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You spend a lot of time on twit?

Depends on the time of year.  I spend a lot of time on Twitter during football season.  Not near as much now.  I like to get sports betting info from there.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Depends on the time of year.  I spend a lot of time on Twitter during football season.  Not near as much now.  I like to get sports betting info from there.

I can see that. Facebook and twit never really caught my interest. I only really see links when I read news articles or here even. 

I guess twitter is just kind of depressing from the few times I've seen some of it. In this site people give each other grief but you kind of get to know the different characters here to a small degree. On twit when I've seen some comments it was just stomach turning. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I can see that. Facebook and twit never really caught my interest. I only really see links when I read news articles or here even. 

I guess twitter is just kind of depressing from the few times I've seen some of it. In this site people give each other grief but you kind of get to know the different characters here to a small degree. On twit when I've seen some comments it was just stomach turning. 

I usually stick to sports and betting when it comes to Twitter but will follow it for other current events.  I use Facebook for hobbies such as fishing.  Facebook is great for talking to others who share a common interest like that.  I try to avoid all the political crap and meme sharing as much as possible.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's not what I'm talking about.  You're talking more about what you see on Facebook.  On Twitter, all I see are the people I follow and what they retweet or liked.  There are some promoted ads that may show up but it's nothing near the content that shows up on Facebook.  Unless, somehow, my Twitter feed is different from everyone else.

Pretty much this.  I get a random ad for Ford Trucks or something similar.  Thats the only content I get that's not specifically from someone I follow. 

Also, I get it in chrono order.  If someone tweets 100 times a day and I click on them all, Twitter wont prioritize that user over a person who tweets once a month.

I couldn’t see real men of prior generations being on Facebook.  It’s not masculine. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

no one cares, shut up.

Nice comma splice, Pvt. Pygmy. 😂

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I couldn’t see real men of prior generations being on Facebook.  It’s not masculine. 

Hey now! gutter and pimpledoosh are on facebook. :mad:

Oh yeah, I see your point now. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Hey now! gutter and pimpledoosh are on facebook. :mad:

Oh yeah, I see your point now. :lol:

I am not on facebook, but I would love to see HT define masculinity.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Me neither. This place is enough "social media" for me in one lifetime. :lol:

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

For starters, don’t be on Facebook. Or consider it. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

For starters, don’t be on Facebook. Or consider it. 

What else?

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What else?

Must be at least 5’9” and have played a contact sport. Lacrosse doesn’t count. How’s that so far? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Must be at least 5’9” and have played a contact sport. Lacrosse doesn’t count. How’s that so far? 

And didn't attend a university with an acceptance rate north of 65 percent.

• Haha 1