Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Urban Meyer's a$$ kicked to the curb

Surprised no thread on this yet?!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2021/12/15/urban-meyer-fired-jacksonville-jaguars-coach-first-year/8917440002/

What a narcissist.  Stories were circulating yesterday about him KICKING his field goal kicker after the second preseason game, because he was missing kicks.  Urban kicked him while the kicker was in the gym working out, in the middle of doing a lunge, or squat.  Who the eff DOES THAT, to a MAN who is a professional athlete??  😮

Dec. 15, 2021: Former kicker Josh Lambo revealed to the Tampa Bay Times and First Coast News that Meyer cursed at him and kicked him while he was stretching before a  practice.

When Lambo told Meyer to never kick him again, Lambo said Meyer's response was, "I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the f—— I want.’' Lambo also said Meyer threatened him in the team's dining facility with cutting him. Meyer denied the incident in a statement.

13 regular season games to long.  I thought he wouldn’t make it pass preseason.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

13 regular season games to long.  I thought he wouldn’t make it pass preseason.  

I thought he'd resign halfway through season 2. Glad it happened sooner.

And really glad he was actually fired.

I believe that this is the second consecutive season that Darrell Bevell has been named the interim head coach of his team mid-season.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I believe that this is the second consecutive season that Darrell Bevell has been named the interim head coach of his team mid-season.

Is that an indication that Darrell Bevell is thought highly of by really crappy head coaches?

1 hour ago, ZeroTolerance said:

"Fired? I haven't even had heart problems yet!"

🏆

its funny.  the media is making like he was fired for some of the dumb things hes done.

how bout he was more likely fired because he couldnt win?

Thats likely the biggest reason he had to go.  If the team was 10-4 I suspect he'd still have a job.

33 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If the team was 10-4 I suspect he'd still have a job.

Khan had such a boner over landing Meyer that he'd still have a job even with the record he has this season--if he just hadn't been such an a$$hat while doing it.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Khan had such a boner over landing Meyer that he'd still have a job even with the record he has this season--if he just hadn't been such an a$$hat while doing it.

well that is certainly possible.    But all of that is usually tolerable if you are getting the desired results.

When you are not getting the results, people tend to be a lot less tolerant.

45 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well that is certainly possible.    But all of that is usually tolerable if you are getting the desired results.

When you are not getting the results, people tend to be a lot less tolerant.

He kept a former Jags Head Coach for 4 straight losing seasons though.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

its funny.  the media is making like he was fired for some of the dumb things hes done.

how bout he was more likely fired because he couldnt win?

Thats likely the biggest reason he had to go.  If the team was 10-4 I suspect he'd still have a job.

I disagree, I think it was simply because of the dumb things,  with a rookie Qb I think he would had a pass this season.  

"ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports the Jaguars fired former coach Urban Meyer with the intention of not paying him the remaining four years of his contract.

Meyer was fired for "cause," with the team withholding the remaining guarantees in his contract. This doesn't look related to kicker Josh Lambo's accusation that Meyer kicked him during an August practice, with Jaguars officials instead citing "a cumulation of instances." Meyer had no shortage of controversy in his 11-month tenure in Jacksonville, from viral videos to berating his team and coaching staff, though these types of situations typically end in settlements. Meyer's five-year deal was estimated between $10-12 million annually. Any savings would be a win for Jacksonville."

I knew it would be a short run when he ignorantly hired (then quickly backpedaled) Iowa's old strength and conditioning coach... but man... I had no idea it would be this short.

I really thought it would be quicker.